LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 153 users in the forums

Quick Breather

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know everybody's pist right now along with me but something that has been holding this team back is INJURIES!! These cannot be avoided and the bug can kill progress with any team. With the high amount of injuries that have hit actual starers and key backups you can find yourself exactly where we are now. Losing guy's during the year will help you accumulate losses which we have been doing. Look at the different personnel who have played from week 1 up until now...a lot of different faces have seen the field.

Gore- 3 weeks.....starter
Staley- 6-8 weeks.....starter
Pashos-IR.....semi starter
Clements 6-8 weeks.....starter
Lewis- off and on.....starter
R Smith- 6ish weeks now?
McDonald- a game or 2 with his ankle....starter
T Brown- injured early in TC, got hurt today
Evans- not sure how long..?
B Jones- injured early in TC, 6ish weeks
Ulbrich- IR
Brooks- missed 4ish weeks
Baas- injured early in TC, wasn't (football) ready the first few weeks
M Smith- retired....supposed to be a starter

*add in Crabtree who is a 3 week pro(70 days late) and A Smith who is a few games in after missing 2 years.

If you look at are projected starters entering TC, then our actual starters when the season opened, then look at whose starting now.......what can we really expect?

[ Edited by jreff22 on Nov 8, 2009 at 17:51:14 ]
Originally posted by jreff22:

If you look at are projected starters entering TC, then our actual starters when the season opened, then look at whose starting now.......what can we really expect?

That this team, like any other NFL team, will be prepared both in terms of personnel, planning, and execution to overcome the inevitable injuries that happen to every damn team in the NFL and actually deliver wins for the fans.

Everything else is just an excuse.
no we just suck
Originally posted by Xestenz:

That this team, like any other NFL team, will be prepared both in terms of personnel, planning, and execution to overcome the inevitable injuries that happen to every damn team in the NFL and actually deliver wins for the fans.

Everything else is just an excuse.

Any team that loses its franchise LT, expected starting RT, star RB, Qb change mid season etc etc.....how many teams have done that and been stacking up W's?
That's because this team has NO TOUGHNESS. They don't run the hill enough and they don't spend enough time in the weight room.

They are a reflection of their head coach. ALL TALK AND DRAMA AND NO RESULTS.

Every team has injuries
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Every team has injuries

The only other team that I can think of that has damn near the same amount of injuries and issues on the OL is GB who is sitting at .500
Every team has injuries

The only other team that I can think of that has damn near the same amount of injuries and issues on the OL is GB who is sitting at .500

Check the injury reports. Everyone has injuries!
Yea kill the excuses homie all teams have injuries
Please cut the pointless excuses. This team is what it is. 3-5. Every team deals with injuries, including that Titans team that took it to us today. Coming into the season the team had tons of question marks and it's showing on the field right now.

Every team deals w/injuries. The good teams find ways to win.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Every team deals w/injuries. The good teams find ways to win.

Exactly. No excuses.
Every team has injuries

I never said they didn't but when you lose multiple key guys its a lot easier to lose then to win.
Every team has injuries

I never said they didn't but when you lose multiple key guys its a lot easier to lose then to win.

All we're saying is that everyone loses key players. I hate it, too, but it's just nit a legitimate excuse.
Originally posted by vaniner757:
no we just suck
Share 49ersWebzone