LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 315 users in the forums

Defensive Stance

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Does anybody know what the niners call that defensive stance they use when all the
D line is standing up at the line of scrimmage?

besides wanting to know whats its called i think the niners should use it more often it seems to work pretty well defenses look confused when we run that play i seen Manning on sunday looking pretty confused when that formation was used.
I'm not sure what it's called but "I seen it" too

[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Nov 6, 2009 at 09:40:45 ]
Annexation of guadalajara mexico con huevous rancheros black magic midget goat f**ker
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Does anybody know what the niners call that defensive stance they use when all the

besides wanting to know whats its called i think the niners should use it more often it seems to work pretty well defenses look confused when we run that play i seen Manning on sunday looking pretty confused when that formation was used.

Standing up right.
"Magic"
  • 49ersince86
  • Info N/A
It's used to hide who is rushing...especially on 3rd down. It is effective if a rusher is unaccounted for and gets a free rush on the QB. However it is difficult to create a constant pass rush out of that stance because the offensive linemen already have the leverage to block the incoming rushers.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

Hurry up I need to go Pee
Taser
the 2 point stance

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 6, 2009 at 09:49:05 ]
Its just done for confusion. You either rush the passer in your stance or out of it. I would just call it a free standing rush.

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
the 2 point stance

They dont go into a stance though. They wander around and jump and press the line.
the 2 point stance

thanks bud at least your trying all these other ppl in here think they are comedian's over here

am trying to ask a serious question & get these jokesters responses GREAT!!!!
  • GilleysPuB
  • Info N/A
Its good against the pass but not the run.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
the 2 point stance

They dont go into a stance though. They wander around and jump and press the line.

A two point stance is two feet on the ground, set for the snap of the ball.

This is what it's called. Any other label is based on the scheme and the coach staff's identifier for the play call.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
the 2 point stance

A two point stance is two feet on the ground, set for the snap of the ball.

This is what it's called. Any other label is based on the scheme and the coach staff's identifier for the play call.

A 2 point stance is a stance. Thats the stance that a rb uses. Its the squated down stance. In our case we dont take a stance, we are free standing and roaming.
Share 49ersWebzone