There are 172 users in the forums

MBarrows: No dirty player on team, but that's a bad thing

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Earlier today on the Sac-Bee live chat, someone asked if we had a dirty player on our team. Barrows answered no, but also that he thought that was a bad thing. I asked if he could elaborate on that, but time ran out.

Anyone have an idea as to why Matt said that?
everyone is to friendly on our team
lack of aggression i suppose. That has been a problem.
We need a Kevin Gogan esk player on our team.

But we don't want a bunch of 15 yard penalties for unsportsmanlike conducts or late hits, personal fouls..
Bring back Kevin Gogan..
We need nasty snarling players who would eat boogers out of a dead man's nose and ask for seconds.
Here it is:

Quote:
11:54
[Comment From Tyson Lamp (San Jose, CA)]
Sports Illustrated players poll named Hines Ward, Joey Porter and Albert Haynesworth "dirtest players". Who is the 49ers dirtest player?

11:56
mbarrows: Tyson --

They don't have a dirty player, and to me, that's an issue ...

SAC BEE LIVE
Dirty players, no thanks.

Players with mean steaks or a bit of cockiness, yes.

On either side of the ball, I just don't see a single player who really revs our team up on or off the field on Sundays. Shaun Hill was supposed to be the offensive guy who had the "intangibles", but he obviously couldn't get the job done. P. Willy was expected to "lead" the team on defense, but they've had to take the headset away from him 'cause he can't handle the responsibilities.

Where's our Ray Lewis / Ed Reed type, vocal leader on defense?

Where's our smack-talkin', aggressive leader on offense?

P.S. I never appreciated V.D.'s excessive celebration penalties last year when he wasn't performing on a regular basis, had the dropsies, and didn't really "deserve" to celebrate. But now that Singletary has castrated him, I wish the ol', aggressive V.D. would come back and start bumpin' heads with our guys on offense to get 'em goin', etc. At least now V.D. has earned the right to lead our offense with his league-leading 7 TDs...

Shanghai'D
It's not an issue to me...you can make the clean hard hits, then help you opponent up.

We don't need, and Singletary won't put up with, players who take cheap shots.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Your Oline should be dirty. They should be willing to lay out some punishment if they think their players are being hit excessively. The last guy we had like that was derrick deese. Back in the day our Oline was always considered one of the dirtiest.

I don't think we have dirty players but we have agressive tough players like Willis/Spikes/Gore/Davis/J.Smith/Clements/M.Lewis I don't see it as a bad thing at all. When does a dirty player come in handy? Dirty players draw flags no thanks.
Clements is sort of a player that gets the D pumped when he runs in for a nice tackle on a RB or something. He has his little taunt he does. Unfortunately, he is injured and has only played pretty good, but not great ball this year.
we need a lineman with dreads
Originally posted by jcs:
Your Oline should be dirty. They should be willing to lay out some punishment if they think their players are being hit excessively. The last guy we had like that was derrick deese. Back in the day our Oline was always considered one of the dirtiest.
dirty?
would anyone call those supposed "leg cramps" that takeo and parys had in between plays during the colts game dirty?
jk.

haha, pretty funny stuff though. i was laughing as soon as i saw parys go down in the replay.
Share 49ersWebzone