LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 184 users in the forums

Alex Smith, 6th Best QB in the NFL (That's Right!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Let me know when he leads us to the playoffs & he still ranked top 10 at the end of the season
until then its meaningless with a losing record right now.
Wow! This has got to be the stupidest thread I have seen in a long time!! #6 best QB based on a BS statistical analysis that has so many loops, holes, and assumptions its damn near silly???

Is everyone reading his argument for why he is the "6th Best QB in the NFL"?? and actually making sense of it?? WOW!

How about we sit back and let the damn kid play AT LEAST THE REST OF THE YEAR before even ranking him?? Get off his nutz, let him prove that he will stay consistent and then we will re-visit this!

AND NO I'M NOT AN A.SMITH HATER! I just think its stupid how people jump loops after 2 good games over any player for that matter.... and to go as far as comparing him with Rothlesburger? Manning? Brady? BREEESSS???? OMFG!

.....there....I'm done venting!
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Call the HOF committee immediately.

Who said HOF? You must be a Smtih hater.

I never liked the decision to take Smith over Rodgers, but Smith has sold me over the past 2 games.

It doesn't matter to me. Alex, Shaun or whoever, I cheer for the one that gives us the best chance to win. End of story.

Fast becoming the most annoying cliche of the Singletary regime, "play the players who give us the best chance to win." Well, no s**t! Isn't that a given? Maybe when the team sucked and Alex was a rookie we made a conscientious decision to throw him out there for experience, buy any team that is not in full-blown rebuilding/development mode is going to play the best players that "give them a chance to win." Sorry, I'm a little irritable today.
Oh my why would you even make this thread? he hasn't even played two games man.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Wow! This has got to be the stupidest thread I have seen in a long time!! #6 best QB based on a BS statistical analysis that has so many loops, holes, and assumptions its damn near silly???

Is everyone reading his argument for why he is the "6th Best QB in the NFL"?? and actually making sense of it?? WOW!

How about we sit back and let the damn kid play AT LEAST THE REST OF THE YEAR before even ranking him?? Get off his nutz, let him prove that he will stay consistent and then we will re-visit this!

AND NO I'M NOT AN A.SMITH HATER! I just think its stupid how people jump loops after 2 good games over any player for that matter.... and to go as far as comparing him with Rothlesburger? Manning? Brady? BREEESSS???? OMFG!

you must be a smith hater!!!!
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

you must be a smith hater!!!!

if this was a stat about shaun hill everyone would be talking s**t...once smith proves he can keep playing good than i'll be happy.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yah sure............

and I have a 10 inch shlong
Originally posted by susweel:
Yah sure............

come on now we all know dam well he isn't the 6th best qb in the league

Geesh man. Having a bad day? Stupidest thread ever? Really? You mustn't have been here long. Is it too early for this to be meaningful? Yes of course. But it is still interesting, and this thread gives us all an interesting link to check up on throughout the season. It on our Radar now so to speak. Go Alex.

Objective stat, adjusted for opponents' strength and gane situation = BS???

FO provides an objective measure or performance that prevents naysayers from throwing stones at the opponents strength or "garbage minutes" argument.

How should he be measured, by reading tea leaves or entrails? WTF?
I am glad that Alex is playing well.

I hope that he continues to improve and becomes our quarterback of the future, allowing us to groom Davis or someone else to take over later.

This way, we can spend our 2 first rounders on a pass rusher and an OT.

That is all.
i want him to show me we don't have to waste yet ANOTHER draft pick on a QB...we obviously have some other holes we can fill
Originally posted by susweel:
Yah sure............

pictures or its not true
Not to take anything away from smith, but isn't he in the same position as hill was last year? Everyone claimed hill was doing well because he came in mid season and that we should give him a full season before we annoint him of anything. Does that same philosophy apply to alex this year? Let's give the guy the rest of the friggin season before we start claiming him as the 6th best
Share 49ersWebzone