LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Patrick Willis live chat today

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Saw this on TV yesterday, chat today at 1pm EST http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/541
Of course it's blocked here at work so I can't see any of it. Any summary please post.
  • tac22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
Saw this on TV yesterday, chat today at 1pm EST http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/541
Of course it's blocked here at work so I can't see any of it. Any summary please post.

Bump this...I just asked my question in the live chat.
ask him if his tears really cure cancer, if so why does he never cry
Lol patrick willis is obsessed with Assassins Creed

Jon, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
1:25 PM ET
Hey Patrick! Big fan here. I know you're a gamer so do you ever play Madden? What's up with them making you smaller than you actually are? And one more question, PS3 or Xbox? Good luck to you guys.

Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
I do play Madden, but I also play Assassins' Creed too. I haven't heard that they made me smaller? What's up with that? I haven't even looked at it ... I'm not going to lie, but I don't play seasons or play with myself, and I don't want to jinx anything or get anyone hurt. That messes with my head. I'm not playing any seasons during the season!

He mentions AC in a lot of responses lol
  • tac22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
ask him if his tears really cure cancer, if so why does he never cry

I told him (asked him, you don't tell P-52 anything) to check out the zone.
good stuff
someone ask him what he thinks about Mark Roman's play
They never ask my questions.
What's up NFL Nation? Excited to be with you today and chatting it up. Let's go!
NFL.com
Patrick, thanks for joining us for the live chat today. Part of the reason you're here is to promote the video game Assassin's Creed II. We heard that you're a big gamer, and you actually helped develop this game. Really?
When not playing football, I’m a huge gamer and the first Assassin’s Creed game was one of my favorite titles. After learning that ACII was being developed, I couldn’t wait to check it out.

There is quite of bit of similarity between what I do on the football field and what the game’s main character, Ezio does in the game. In a way, I’m hunting the quarterback the same way he’s approaching his target.
Alright, let's get to your questions.
Richard Del Valle, United States 1:03 PM ET
Do you think that the niners will make it to the playoffs? Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
Without a shadow of a doubt Richard. I believe in it 100 percent.
Ty Bardwell, Hot Town AZ 1:03 PM ET
I can't say how good it is to be excited about 9ers football again! How do you think the loss of Clements and Staley is going to effect the niners chances at a playoff run? Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
It feels like it wants to put a dagger in you a little bit, but that's what the NFL is. The NFL has injuries, and you have to overcome and believe in your goals.
Mitch V., Crystal Lake, Il 1:04 PM ET
Mr. Willis - Congratulations on a great season so far, keep it up. What have you thought about the job Alex Smith has done stepping into the starting quarterback role? Has he begun to act as a true leader of the offense/team? Also, are you disappointed that you're only a 99 tackling in this years Madden? Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
Hi Mitch. I think Alex has done a good job so far in these last two games he's been in. I believe that each game, the more he prepares, the better he'll get. I feel like right now, you don't want to ask too much of him. If he just does his job, that's what we need, and the rest will come with time.
Dustin , Santa Clara, CA 1:06 PM ET
P. Willis! You're the best. What does Alex Smith give to the 49ers that Shaun Hill didn't? Dominate the Titans on sunday! Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
Thanks for being a fan Dustin! Let me start by saying I respect Alex and Shaun both for their efforts at being our QBs. It's not easy being a QB, in any form or fashion. But I think Shaun is a good QB, he just went though a tough time, and that happens. When it comes to Alex, now, he got the opportunity, and he made the best of it. It's not to say Shaun's not a good QB, he's done well for us. In this league, when you get the chance to shine, you have to make the best of it. That's what it's about. And Alex has done that.
jason, new orleans 1:08 PM ET
Mr. Willis, who would you say the best linebacker besides yourself is right now? Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
I enjoy watching Ray Lewis, because I talk with him every week or every other week. We text a lot about our games. I like a lot of lienbackers ... I like how Jon Beason plays. Carlos Dansby. Curtis Lofton for the Falcons. There's a lot of good LBs in the league right now playing in the middle.
Steven , Nofolk, Va 1:10 PM ET
What do you guys feel you can do better defensively to get back on track? Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
One, quit giving up the big plays at critical times in the games. You never want them at all, but never at the most critical times when you're trying to get a stop. Then, two, our communication has to be better than it has been. And it was better in the last game.
Gio, Moreno Valley, CA 1:11 PM ET
Hey Patrick! You're a beast on the field! What do you do during pregame to help you prepare? Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
Hi Gio. During pregame I'm kind of just quiet. I smile a little bit. I don't have time for all that yelling and trying to look mad! I feel like that's burning energy ... I like to be calm. I used to get nervous, but not as much. But I used to feel like I was going to pass out! But coach Singletary always tells me that it's the calm before the storm ... so I keep that in mind.
Ed, New Haven, CT 1:12 PM ET
Pat, Big fan of your game. How has playing for Mike Singletary influenced you as a player. Have you learned any "tricks of the trade" from having a legend coaching you who played the same position? Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
Coach Sing, to be honest, I've always had that fight and desire to want to be one of the best players, period. High School or college, and then to get here in the NFL I wanted to prove I could play.

But coach Sing taught me the fundamentals of the game. If it wasn't for him, he's really stayed on me, he even does it to this day. He still continues to coach me like it's day one. I'm really thankfull for having him around.
Johnny B., Houston, TX 1:14 PM ET
What's the funniest Mike Singletary moment you've witnessed? Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
Hey Johnny B. My funniest moment with coach Sing is in meetings, team meetings, and he's talking about different things and he imitates someone, and then he makes these crazy faces while he's doing it ... you have to be there to witness it to see how funny it is. People don't picture him that way. You get to know him, and he's a charachter too. He has a funny side to him, too.
Dan, Toronto, Canada 1:16 PM ET
Hey Patrick, I think you are the best player at your position in the league right now. Tough loss against the Colts this week. What is the most challenging part of defending against the Colts offense? Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
It's Payton Manning. He is their offense, he makes it run. That's the toughest thing. What we did on defense that was good was keeping him off his game, away from what makes him great -- dictating what we're in and how he reads it. Keep him from knowing what we were in.

He's like an offensive coordinator out there. It's based off what he sees. He has the book in his head on the field, and runs it off what he sees. That's what makes him so valuable -- he calls audibles, he adjusts formations and he's reading the defense.
Dave, Ontario, Canada 1:19 PM ET
Hey Patrick! BIG FAN! I wanted to ask" how has having a veteran player like Takeo playing with you has affected your game? Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
Takeo has brought confidence to me, in terms of knowing that I can play the game and he has my back. If there's a bad play or something happens, he's there to get us to the next play. He helps me be aware of things. We play really well together -- I can't pinpoint what it is, but we play really well out there together.
Nic, Montana 1:21 PM ET
What's it like in the locker room or in the huddle after a timeout when Coach Sing is trying to fire the guys up? Do you have any examples of speeches he gave that got you pumped up? Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
Hi Nic. Not much. He just shoots in straight to you. Sometimes he's calm. But it depends. But most of the time he just tells us to calm down and gets us together and says to go out and do things right. He knows we know what to do, so he just gets us together and tells us to go out and do our thing.
Enrique , Los Angeles, Calif. 1:23 PM ET
Just a comment. You are my favorite player. Keep doing what you are doing. Just got your jersey take some heads off on the field. Late. Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
Hey Enrique. Thanks much man.
evan ausich, cedar rapids Iowa 1:23 PM ET
what does glen coffee and micheal crabtree bring to the team? Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
Glen brings toughness at RB. Frank is tough, but Glen is a hard-nosed, straight downhill SEC RB. Crabtree brings a bit of everything to the table. He's a big body at WR, good strong hands, and can create double-team matchups against the defenses. He can stretch the field, doo.
Jon, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 1:25 PM ET
Hey Patrick! Big fan here. I know you're a gamer so do you ever play Madden? What's up with them making you smaller than you actually are? And one more question, PS3 or Xbox? Good luck to you guys. Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
I do play Madden, but I also play Assassins' Creed too. I haven't heard that they made me smaller? What's up with that? I haven't even looked at it ... I'm not going to lie, but I don't play seasons or play with myself, and I don't want to jinx anything or get anyone hurt. That messes with my head. I'm not playing any seasons during the season!
Tom, London 1:27 PM ET
Out of all the running backs you have faced in the league who is the most elusive and hardest to get to the ground? Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
I think, of course, Steven Jackson is one of the better ones I've faced. Adrian Peterson. We've faced some good ones. Those are the two that stand out off the top my head right now.
Jose R., Sacramento 1:29 PM ET
Hey, Patrick I have to say that I'm your BIGGEST FAN!!! WHy don't the niners allow you to blitz as much, you are a great rusher? Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
I'm a team defensive player, and whatever the defense needs to help us be successful, that's what I'll do. I'm in coverage a lot because of my speed, so that's what I do.

I'd like to think i'm a good rusher, I'm not Freeney or anything, but I think I'm a good rusher. I can get there. But it is what it is!
Anthony, Branford, CT 1:31 PM ET
Who was your favorite player growing up, and who was the most influential figure in your childhood? Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
The guy who really paved the way for me, and inspired me to be not only a football player, but one of the best football players ever was Walter Payton. I was in the sixth grade and just starting to play football. I remember staying after school one day and watching something like the NFL's craziest hits or something, and seeing him for the first time. Then hearing about his work ethic, that's what made me realize that if i worked like that, I would eventually be in the NFL. Of course there's so much more involved in reaching the NFL, like college and other things, but it started with Walter Payton.
Had a great time chatting today. Thanks to the 49ers faithful out there who have supported us.

And to all the gamers out there, make sure you check out Assassin's Creed II -- it's available on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on November 17. It's a heck of a game, and Ezio reminds me of myself!

Thanks everyone.
Patrick.
Share 49ersWebzone