LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 295 users in the forums

Vernon Davis: Are you kidding me!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
We needed to score points plain and simple, not blame so and so cause they celebrated. Sitting on a 2 point lead was ridiculous, especially since we were playing the Colts.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
You guys really act like those measly yards would have stopped Peyton from driving down the field and getting a FG. Please

It was the combination of the penalty and the good kick return. If the Colts are almost at midfield with 30 seconds left and 3 time outs, you better believe Peyton will try to score

Even if they started at the 30 yard line they would have scored. It happened, stop trying to blame the loss on a penalty. Yeah it was a dumb penalty, but it would not have changed the outcome of the game. We had zero 2nd half points, that caused the loss not a stupid celebration.

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 3, 2009 at 10:25:34 ]
replay the tape....Chilo was the one taking pictures of VD
Vernon haters finally found their way out from hiding under that rock, and that's the best they got.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 3, 2009 at 10:27:23 ]
You guys really act like those measly yards would have stopped Peyton from driving down the field and getting a FG. Please

It was the combination of the penalty and the good kick return. If the Colts are almost at midfield with 30 seconds left and 3 time outs, you better believe Peyton will try to score

Even if they started at the 30 yard line they would have scored. It happened, stop trying to blame the loss on a penalty. Yeah it was a dumb penalty, but it would not have changed the outcome of the game. We had zero 2nd half points, that caused the loss not a stupid celebration.

This
  • dj43

Even if they started at the 30 yard line they would have scored.
We don't know that. We can just as easily say that Nedney would have put it in the endzone, meaning Indy starts on their own 20. That may have resulted in a more risky throw and a pick. One assumption is just as good as another.
Quote:
Yeah it was a dumb penalty,

We agree
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but Chilo took the first picture.
Originally posted by dj43:

We don't know that. We can just as easily say that Nedney would have put it in the endzone, meaning Indy starts on their own 20. That may have resulted in a more risky throw and a pick. One assumption is just as good as another.
Quote:

We agree

We didn't score in the 2nd half, that's why we lost. Shoulda coulda woulda..

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 3, 2009 at 11:02:07 ]
i blame the refs. excessive celebration is a stupid penalty and should never be called again.
  • dj43

Quote:

We agree

We didn't score in the 2nd half, that's why we lost. Shoulda coulda woulda..
I don't care to nit pick this deal for the rest of the day, however, if Indy does not get that field goal at the end of the half, the momentum of the game is very different. The TD pass to Davis was a dagger in the heart of a team that is not used to being behind. It also pumped up the 49ers...then comes the penalty. Things like that change the momentum dramatically in a game that is all about momentum.

Finally, saying "we didn't score in the second half" sounds more like a justification to excuse the stupidity of the action, which would send a very wrong message to all involved.

That's all...

Originally posted by bergy07:

yep and then Morgan followed him
Originally posted by King49er:

more importantly, i do believe Morgan went to a knee.

I can't believe this thread is still alive, lets just let this one drift away like it should have a long time ago.

[ Edited by IdentityCrisis on Nov 5, 2009 at 00:01:34 ]
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

I can't believe this thread is still alive, lets just let this one drift away like it should have a long time ago.

It proves that this penalty was not Vernon Davis's fault in any way contrary to what others thought.
  • dj43

It proves that this penalty was not Vernon Davis's fault in any way contrary to what others thought.
Sure there is a way it is Davis' fault. All he had to do when the other guys ran up to him was slap them on the A$$ and jog to the sidelines. Instead, he struck up poses while they simulated picture taking. How does that not implicate him in the penalty?

...but let it die if you want, I don't care nor will I change my mind about the fact Davis had a regression in both perfomance and behavior in this game. Now let's see how he does Sunday.

Sure there is a way it is Davis' fault. All he had to do when the other guys ran up to him was slap them on the A$$ and jog to the sidelines. Instead, he struck up poses while they simulated picture taking. How does that not implicate him in the penalty?

...but let it die if you want, I don't care nor will I change my mind about the fact Davis had a regression in both perfomance and behavior in this game. Now let's see how he does Sunday.

Davis was an accessory to the penalty. I still have more of an issue of his effort at times. He could have leveled a DB but he decided to keep standing straight up and allow the DB's hit to send him out of bounds.
Share 49ersWebzone