There are 240 users in the forums

Vernon Davis: Are you kidding me!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by King49er:
You guys can say what you want but he is the only one on this team that does not give 100% effort in finishing plays. Not giving effort is something we can't afford but he can spend plenty of time posing for a photo shoot in the endzone.

nope scoring 7 TD's and leading the NFL is not giving 100 percent to finish plays...

I'm sure Crabtree can score most of the those if his number is called. You're still missing my point on Vernon. This entire board, including myself, complains about 3 and outs and Jimmy Raye yet are just fine with Vernon causing one of those 3 and outs because he didn't try.

you just want to b***h about something

who else hasn't given full effort: bruce sometimes looks like he doesn't give a f**k, then there's morgan slowing down when he had a sure td and gets tackled from behind, walker gives up on a route that results in an interception....
Originally posted by teeohh:
You guys can say what you want but he is the only one on this team that does not give 100% effort in finishing plays. Not giving effort is something we can't afford but he can spend plenty of time posing for a photo shoot in the endzone.

nope scoring 7 TD's and leading the NFL is not giving 100 percent to finish plays...

I'm sure Crabtree can score most of the those if his number is called. You're still missing my point on Vernon. This entire board, including myself, complains about 3 and outs and Jimmy Raye yet are just fine with Vernon causing one of those 3 and outs because he didn't try.

who else hasn't given full effort: bruce sometimes looks like he doesn't give a f**k, then there's morgan slowing down when he had a sure td and gets tackled from behind, walker gives up on a route that results in an interception....

Exactly...
Originally posted by teeohh:

And all of those guys have gotten roasted on here. It's Bruce turn this week, it was Morgan's a few weeks ago. Vernon catches a ball and we are amazed because he's set the bar so low.

He's a number 6 pick, he should have been doing this in year one and now he's jogging a "catch" out of bounds.

This guy has set the bar so low that he gets more free passes than Alex Smith.
Classic JoeCool.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Classic JoeCool.

I'm pissed we handed away two games now because of dumbass play.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Yeah vernon has really turned it on this year. He and Crabtree are gonna be ballin the rest of the year
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Classic JoeCool.

I'm pissed we handed away two games now because of dumbass play.

That doesn't change the fact that it's a classic JoeCool post. You have a knack for sounding like you don't know WTF you're talking about. Sometimes I can't tell if you're joking or not.
The penalty was on Morgan.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Who are you, and what have you done with SD?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I'm glad at least Vernon is coming around. And it looks like Alex might be much improved. But we still suck overall. Having said that there are a few positive aspects lately.

I freaked out on that penalty. Yes it was called on Morgan, but Vernon was the one standing there, acting like he was the man. That did lead to a field goal. And you know what? If they didnt get a field goal, the score would have been 15-14. When we drove down to their 35 yard line, we wouldnt have had to try and pass the ball deep, which resulted in a sack. I dont care what you guys say. The penalty was absolutely un-acceptable.

Originally posted by GoFD74:

I'm glad Vernon is at least playing well lately. He is arguably right now among the best TE's in the league even though KRIZAY will never admit it.

No Fun League.
Originally posted by GoFD74:

I'm glad Vernon is at least playing well lately. He is arguably right now among the best TE's in the league even though KRIZAY will never admit it.

San Diego has always been a huge fan of Alex Smith. I think the dude just hated our team with Shaun Hill as the QB, like many of us.
Share 49ersWebzone