There are 261 users in the forums

Not a running team.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
32 passes

17 runs
Originally posted by RonMexico:
32 passes

17 runs

Look at the situations. They were too predictable. We threw only because we had to. Very few times did we throw on first down. Also play selection. We need to throw the ball down field more. Stop with the i formation. Also more spread. Alex is really good in the spread, but they still elected to not use it. Look at the end of the first half. That is what we need to do. Alex was amazing in that drive.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
32 passes

17 runs

Many of the passes were screens and dumpoffs...and not run out of the spread formation.

It was mostly short range stuff that got chased down by the Colt D and didn't stretch the field, or open any lanes for the running game.
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
This is not a line up in the I formation and run the ball down their throat team. When they do that they go nowhere. The only time the 49ers ever move the ball is when they commit to the pass.

How much longer is Raye and Singletary going to believe this run first crap? Put Alex in the Shotgun and let him get the ball to VD and Crabtree.

This is what I was screaming at my TV today.
Our style of running game does'nt fit the scheme of our O-line, Singletarry wants to be smash mouth but our lineman our not big and nasty. I would hope they stay aggresive and open up the spread alittle more than our pass would set up the run, Cause right now we are to predictable.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Good point on Sims.

The Niners team strength did not become apparent until the second half of last week and the last drive of the first half. I hope they finally commit to them next week from the beginning.

It's funny,after reading a few days ago Raye saying you can't fit a round peg into a square hole and they're gonna start passing,I thought the commitment was going to start this week
But no,Raye was still fn with those pegs!

Raye??
Originally posted by kray28:
32 passes

17 runs

Many of the passes were screens and dumpoffs...and not run out of the spread formation.

It was mostly short range stuff that got chased down by the Colt D and didn't stretch the field, or open any lanes for the running game.

Yeah there was not one pass thrown deep to stretch the field(got Hill/Jones?)
except for that one overthrown pass to Crabtree which was a dead play anyway because of a delay of game penalty.
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Good point on Sims.

The Niners team strength did not become apparent until the second half of last week and the last drive of the first half. I hope they finally commit to them next week from the beginning.

It's funny,after reading a few days ago Raye saying you can't fit a round peg into a square hole and they're gonna start passing,I thought the commitment was going to start this week
But no,Raye was still fn with those pegs!

Raye??
Sing says this team will play smashmouth football yet Gore is having the worst year of his career.

If they don't upgrade the o-line tremendously next year then heads need to roll
(hello Scott.M)
Originally posted by Super5:
Sing says this team will play smashmouth football yet Gore is having the worst year of his career.

If they don't upgrade the o-line tremendously next year then heads need to roll
(hello Scott.M)

Scotty thinks guards are a dime a dozen and says they don't really do anything on film... what a moron. A guy we drafted in Smiley is locking down the best running line in football and we cant figure out who are guards even are. We wanna hit em the mouth instead of out scheme and out smart.

Originally posted by 5xChamp:
Our style of running game does'nt fit the scheme of our O-line, Singletarry wants to be smash mouth but our lineman our not big and nasty. I would hope they stay aggresive and open up the spread alittle more than our pass would set up the run, Cause right now we are to predictable.

Exactly it's Singletary to blame not Raye this is the kind of style he wants then he got it. not working it's his responsibility to fix the problems. Singletary will fix them just wait and see we are still trying to find an identity on this team.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by 5xChamp:

Exactly it's Singletary to blame not Raye this is the kind of style he wants then he got it. not working it's his responsibility to fix the problems. Singletary will fix them just wait and see we are still trying to find an identity on this team.

Ditto. Raye does what pleases Sing. Sing has made it clear over and over that he believes in the throwback game of defense, field position and no turnovers. He does not want the team's success to be dependent on the QB.

The real question is whether Sing will give into reality and go with what works, or will he stubbornly cling to an unworkable philosophy?
What is sad is Gore's run came early in the 1st quarter, 64 yards.. And he still didn't get a 100 yards on the ground... Aside from 3 big runs by Gore's the run has been non-existent.. Today against the Colts, and much smaller line, we really couldn't constantly open holes..

That has to be something to really worry about...
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
What is sad is Gore's run came early in the 1st quarter, 64 yards.. And he still didn't get a 100 yards on the ground... Aside from 3 big runs by Gore's the run has been non-existent.. Today against the Colts, and much smaller line, we really couldn't constantly open holes..

Its been that way every game this season.
Originally posted by Eduardo75:

Sad but true..........
Share 49ersWebzone