LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 150 users in the forums

Tarell Brown will start against Indy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

What do you think of the Clements benching?

Quote:

There's nothing to think about, because he is not being benched.

He's not starting so what do you consider that?

Go to work and let them tell you he is doing your work you in charge of something less of a value, how would u feel?
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by JoeMontana:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I bet it is strategic plan more than a demotion or that would be stupid Nate has played well this year give or take what 3 plays? I think that Nate will cover Dallas Clark (IMO best TE in the NFL) because we have no one competent enough to cover the TEs

He could not cover Owen Daniels, why would he be able to cover Dallas Clark?

This!

Because he gave up a 7 yard pass to Daniels, all of a sudden he couldn't cover him?

-9fA

An 80 million dollar man should not let any TE catch a ball or score a touchdown on him or letting Terell Owens and Roddy white run over 200yrds against your self claimed lockdown22 corner. You missing the point.
I bet it is strategic plan more than a demotion or that would be stupid Nate has played well this year give or take what 3 plays? I think that Nate will cover Dallas Clark (IMO best TE in the NFL) because we have no one competent enough to cover the TEs

This!

Because he gave up a 7 yard pass to Daniels, all of a sudden he couldn't cover him?

-9fA

An 80 million dollar man should not let any TE catch a ball or score a touchdown on him or letting Terell Owens and Roddy white run over 200yrds against your self claimed lockdown22 corner. You missing the point.

The fact that you think that Clements is going to get $80M tells me how far off you truly are.

White was not Clements sole responsibility. He went for the ball knowing he had safety coverage. Not his fault Roman sucks balls. On the other TD play, White burned Goldson, not Clements. Go back at the tape before you make statements such as yours.

Again, i can't believe you don't see this.

And yes, Owens owned him. But that was one of the few times that i could say that a WR got the better of Clements.

He calls himself lockdown22, who gives a s**t? What exactly is your point? You're not making one?

-9fA
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by susweel:
Clements is on the way out. I called this as soon Brown was given the extension.

I called the Rossum release and now this. You people really need to start listening to what I say because it usually comes true. Im like the Nostradamus of the webzone. haha

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=132413&highlight=susweel

Lol, Clements is not on the way out, he's had some very good games, only bad game he had was against ATL, and a bad play or two against the Vikings.

This is more of a strategic move than anything else.

When you have to demoted your 80 million dollar CB as "defensive strategy" then that means there is serious problem.

Why? NFL = match ups.

Some guys just don't match up well against others. I'm glad our coaching staff is actually trying to put us in the best position to win.

Even if this doesn't work, I LIKE the reasoning/explanation. It means the team is thinking about X and Os and not interested in egos.

This is a good move by the coaching staff and Singletary. If they're trying to take Clark away, that's excellent strategy.

As I've said before with any decision the team makes - if it's logical move, even a smart calculated gamble, I'm totally on board with that but it just needs to be rooted in common sense. This obviously is.

Go Niners

Couldn't agree more. Sing continues to make changes. I like it!

Take a team out of their comfort zone and make them adjust to what we're doing? What in the wide wide world of sports is going on here?
Have to admire what Singletary is doing by flipping the script and actually trying something different instead of "Staying the course". Now if Singletary can get Raye to drink a couple of Red Bulls and call a more aggressive game......

This!

-9fA

The fact that you think that Clements is going to get $80M tells me how far off you truly are.

White was not Clements sole responsibility. He went for the ball knowing he had safety coverage. Not his fault Roman sucks balls. On the other TD play, White burned Goldson, not Clements. Go back at the tape before you make statements such as yours.

Again, i can't believe you don't see this.

And yes, Owens owned him. But that was one of the few times that i could say that a WR got the better of Clements.

He calls himself lockdown22, who gives a s**t? What exactly is your point? You're not making one?

-9fA

Dude if you don't see the point I'm trying to make then your senile. He's not any good and his stats will show that. He's vulnerable now that he has been benched especially with the money he's being paid.

In his first year with the 49ers, Clements gave up 7.7 yards per pass play (stats courtesy Football Outsiders), which ranked 36th among NFL cornerbacks. In 2008, that YPP jumped up to 9.6, which ranked 75th.

It hasn't been any better in 2009. Through Week 7, San Francisco ranks 29th in Pass Defense DVOA against #1 receivers, the kind Clements usually covers. These top receivers have gained 7.8 yards per play and 91.4 yards per game (that stat is the highest in the NFL), and putting those potential defensive deficits against a Colts offense that could tear up any opponent in the league is just too risky.

I believe Clements days as a corner are over he's been benched a slap to the face don't you think? How would you like to be treated like that at work? I wouldn't feel all too happy about the situation.

I hope the 49ers will determine whether his play over the final half of the season warrants that kind of financial commitment. (If the 49ers parted ways with him, he'd count $5 million against he cap, so next year would be the first time they could save cap space by releasing him.) That money obviously can't be used for someone worth the money which he is not.
lol way to copy and paste articles.

And i thought you were making these points yourself.

-9fA

-9fA

Of course, it's called research bro maybe is something you should do before you try to make your point because honestly you don't know what are you talking about.

It's called think before you speak!

-9fA

Based on his comments about Nate..I wouldn't even reply to him any more

Dude if you don't see the point I'm trying to make then your senile. He's not any good and his stats will show that. He's vulnerable now that he has been benched especially with the money he's being paid.

In his first year with the 49ers, Clements gave up 7.7 yards per pass play (stats courtesy Football Outsiders), which ranked 36th among NFL cornerbacks. In 2008, that YPP jumped up to 9.6, which ranked 75th.

It hasn't been any better in 2009. Through Week 7, San Francisco ranks 29th in Pass Defense DVOA against #1 receivers, the kind Clements usually covers. These top receivers have gained 7.8 yards per play and 91.4 yards per game (that stat is the highest in the NFL), and putting those potential defensive deficits against a Colts offense that could tear up any opponent in the league is just too risky.

I believe Clements days as a corner are over he's been benched a slap to the face don't you think? How would you like to be treated like that at work? I wouldn't feel all too happy about the situation.

I hope the 49ers will determine whether his play over the final half of the season warrants that kind of financial commitment. (If the 49ers parted ways with him, he'd count $5 million against he cap, so next year would be the first time they could save cap space by releasing him.) That money obviously can't be used for someone worth the money which he is not.

Great post. Nice to see some stats to back up your argument. Clements has fallen off, Spencer has done a much better job then him

-9fA

Of course, it's called research bro maybe is something you should do before you try to make your point because honestly you don't know what are you talking about.

Here you go:

When you take into account Clements play against the run, in 2007, he ranked the #8 overall CB on footballoutsiders.com

In 2008, he was ranked as the #37 CB overall

They don't have stats for the 2009 season yet.

Keep posting yahoo stat BS.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Oct 31, 2009 at 3:03 PM ]

What have u been watching? He's been horrible. The only one he can cover is Fitz but we seen them often. Nate cost us at least two games. Cover Clark? Ur kidding right?! He cost us the game last week bc he couldn't cover Daniels on an out route which gave them a first down and the WINNING FG. He deserves this.... he supposed to shut down top wrs and he hasn't done that. I love his tackling but he just can't keep up with speed.

Again Sing isn't afraid to shake things up and he means it when he says he will put the best 11 on the field and I think he is sincerly trying to do that.... And I love that! There is no BS with Sing!!!!
Funny how the article neglected his play against the run.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erluv415:

What have u been watching? He's been horrible. The only one he can cover is Fitz but we seen them often. Nate cost us at least two games. Cover Clark? Ur kidding right?! He cost us the game last week bc he couldn't cover Daniels on an out route which gave them a first down and the WINNING FG. He deserves this.... he supposed to shut down top wrs and he hasn't done that. I love his tackling but he just can't keep up with speed.

Again Sing isn't afraid to shake things up and he means it when he says he will put the best 11 on the field and I think he is sincerly trying to do that.... And I love that! There is no BS with Sing!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOL Nate has not been horrible lol he has had what 1 bad game and really it was like 3 plays. He has done great besides the ATL game and the WHOLE team played like s**t that game. No he isnt a shut down corner but he is solid he did great against fitz, and AJ and he played well in the Mini and rams game too. I have been very critical of this team this year and actually think Nate has played well. If this is indeed a demotion Sing is a dumbass throwing an unproven pretty much rookie cb out there to against one of the best wrs and the best qb its going to be a very easy task for Reggie and Peyton. The fact is Nate is everyones scapegoat because he has a high contract but to say he has played horrible this year thats stupid.
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Oct 31, 2009 at 3:12 PM ]

-9fA

Here you go:

When you take into account Clements play against the run, in 2007, he ranked the #8 overall CB on footballoutsiders.com

In 2008, he was ranked as the #37 CB overall

They don't have stats for the 2009 season yet.

Keep posting yahoo stat BS.

-9fA

You just show yourself in the foot on this one. 1st of all we don't play Clements to play against the run I believe we have Lineman and Linebackers for that, his job is to cover the WR and the #1 which he can't cause he is the worst in the NFL in 2009 according to the stats previously posted. 2 in 2008 he was ranked as the #37 CB overall? You serious with the money he is being paid? No wonder he's been benched for Tarell Brown. What do you think he is going to be ranked in 2009? It's not going top 10 he's heading down in the 40's maybe 50's. He's heading down hill bro.

You still make no sense!
[ Edited by Norwalks_Best on Oct 31, 2009 at 3:18 PM ]

I'm gonna debunk this s**t once again. I decided to get a membership at footballoutsiders just to prove how wrong you truly are.

First off, lets start with the DOVA BS:
Oakland is ranked #20 in pass defense DOVA against #1 WRs. You know the kind that Asmougha covers. Guess he's not any good as a CB.

Denver is ranked #25 in pass defense DOVA against #1 WRs. You know, the kind that Bailey usually covers. Guess he's a crappy CB as well.

Result: statistical fail. DOVA is a real great indicator of CB play isn't it.

In 2008, he was ranked as the #37 CB overall.

Funny how the stupid article you keep quoting, left out how he fares in run support because it would make Nate look better than he's actually being portrayed.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Oct 31, 2009 at 3:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone