LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

The way Crabtree catches...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Don't you guys think he could easily have a 15+ reception game the way he catches?

He's not a small guy at 215lbs and his ability to run hitches and out routes will give him a lot of opportunities to get open if he's not double covered (which he shouldn't be now that VD has established himself as a legit threat).
Looks like Michael Irvin catching the football
  • B650
  • Veteran
I don't know about 15 catches a game. Having good hands doesn't guarantee that you're going to be catching a lot of passes. You have to be able to get open as well.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Like Anquan Boldin. The Scot M. comparisons on this one are accurate. If he can be as good as Boldin we get a heck of a player.
Originally posted by B650:
I don't know about 15 catches a game. Having good hands doesn't guarantee that you're going to be catching a lot of passes. You have to be able to get open as well.

To be fair, he didn't say 15 catches a game, he said a 15+ catch game. Who knows really, but it's definitely possible.
[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Oct 26, 2009 at 6:04 PM ]
Man, I was truly impressed with him against the Texans.. That route where he does an out, I believe, was an amazing catch and great awareness to get both feet in.. Did look like a little push, but he'll learn how to do it a little more discreetly..

Both he and Smith made me a little more excited to see what we can do against Indy.. I'm not saying we will throw it all day against them, but damn it would be nice!
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by B650:

To be fair, he didn't say 15 catches a game, he said a 15+ catch game. Who knows really, but it's definitely possible.

In that case, yeah, it's definitely possible. T.O. has notoriously bad hands and caught 20 passes, so I would think it's definitely possible, but again, a lot of things have to go right in order to catch 15 balls. You have to get open, you have to have time, you have to have a QB, etc.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Like Anquan Boldin. The Scot M. comparisons on this one are accurate. If he can be as good as Boldin we get a heck of a player.

I think he'll be better than Boldin, although Boldin is a pro bowl guy I see Crabtree being top 5 in the NFL.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I think he'll be better than Boldin, although Boldin is a pro bowl guy I see Crabtree being top 5 in the NFL.

+1
Crabtree is gonna be a great player for us! He is only going to get better than what we seen yesterday.

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Crabtree is gonna be a great player for us! He is only going to get better than what we seen yesterday.

Agreed. Remember when T.O. was a rookie WR for us? He became much better as time went by. He got faster, ran batter routes, etc. The only thing that never improved was his hands. Fortunately, Crabtree doesn't have to worry about that.
I want his hands on my ball.....
Originally posted by teeohh:

whoa slow down there lance
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:

• GORO
  • Veteran
He has more catches than Heyward Bey already. I am excited to see Alex Smith and Crabtree combinatin against the colts. in 2006 Alex looked good when he went deep to Antonio Bryant, so hopefully Crabs will be a burner as well
Share 49ersWebzone