LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Crabtree was amazingly impressive in his debut.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It was a very impressive start from him. He looks like he's going to live up to the hype. It's good to see the 9ers starting to hit on some of their draft picks. Now if Alex Smith can keep playing like he did yesterday, then ole Scotty is going to start looking brilliant.
Originally posted by 804Niner:
Thank you Mr. Crabs for not being a bust

lol one game and it's official! I don't think he will be a bust, but I also would make that claim after 5 catches! But boy he has some HANDS!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He looks good and has excellent hands. He's a natural pass catcher.

?

• dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by fzrdave:
It was a very impressive start from him. He looks like he's going to live up to the hype. It's good to see the 9ers starting to hit on some of their draft picks. Now if Alex Smith can keep playing like he did yesterday, then ole Scotty is going to start looking brilliant.

Yeah. Look at this - Crabtree, Davis, and Gore more the surprise. Bruce a smart veteran. Morgan still trying not to get in everybody's way. All that's missing is a QB. All that winning teams need is a good QB. Is Smith the guy? Will they be booing by the second quarter, this Sunday.

Let's hope not. And let's see.
impressive, yes

amazingly impressive?
Originally posted by billybonka:
impressive, yes

amazingly impressive?

its only because every other draft pick (besides willis) has been quite unimpressive.
impressive, yes

amazingly impressive?

I agree that amazingly is just too much. Had he gone over 100 yards with a TD or 2, then amazing would be the right call. He had a solid game, and didn't look like a lost rookie. I'd say that's impressive for coming in as late as he did.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
impressive, yes

amazingly impressive?

I agree that amazingly is just too much. Had he gone over 100 yards with a TD or 2, then amazing would be the right call. He had a solid game, and didn't look like a lost rookie. I'd say that's impressive for coming in as late as he did.

Agree. This is a more realistic appraisal. Now, we need to see what kind of speed this kid has! What kind of YAC is he capable of? Can he get caught from behind? Is he fearless over the middle? There are still plenty of questions, but this was undoubtedly a very impressive debut considering all the lost time and the minimal prep time he had.
Crabtree motherb***hes

we will be down next week so we will be throwing the rock i say crabtree gets 100 yards and 1 td
He made al Davis and heyward bay look like a joke in one game.....keep it up crabtree.

I loved that the areas that most rookies struggle with (hands, route running) were strongsuits for Crabs. That speaks volumes about his potential right now. But, in the end, that's all we're talking about here - potential. He still has a lot to prove.

But's he off to a great start.
impressive, yes

amazingly impressive?

2 weeks in the building and looks like he's been here since July, I would say amazingly is appropriate.
1. Crabtree is badass and sure fire hands for the QB. It seems almost like he attacks the ball with anger when he catches. He's very aggressive. He's arrived in this aspect.

2. No double team: he was not game planned against and from the looks of it, he's probably our best offensive option due to our poor run blocking and Gore not being effective. Teams will game plan against him and he will have issues, but he will still attack the ball when it comes his way. This is the aspect that requires study and feel that experience gives a WR. This is the questionable on him.

3. After the catch: Man, did you see that 15 yard slant he caught, sensed where the defender was, stopped on a dime and turned it upfield for another 3 yards? No matter where this guy plays, he will do these things. He's arrived in this aspect.

This kid is going to be damn good.
other teams game planning for him will open things up for VD, Morgan and even our running game. Can't wait.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
other teams game planning for him will open things up for VD, Morgan and even our running game. Can't wait.

Yes, but there will be a lot of times when we need a bailout force to our hopefully new "go-to" guy and he will still need to produce throughout the game and he will still need to know where to be to beat that double team. This is really the only question on him, which is very good.

Dude looks very strong when he plays. He seems as though he plays very aggressive.

Did you see how he used his hands on the DB? It was slight enough to not get a call but it was very tactical and aggressive. He moved the DB around with his hand a few times.
Share 49ersWebzone