LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

Vernon Davis needs his contract extended

Shop Find 49ers gear online
WE NEED TO LOCK HIM, WILLIS, AND GORE UP.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Pogity:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They will sign him. Don't worry. He's a very unique player with extremely rare athleticism. Now that his game is coming around he won't ever leave S.F. IMO. They will Franchise Tag him if they have to. He won't leave period. Mark my words.

Don't know that I would be upset if he left. Seems like many teams prosper with just some unsavory, doofy white guy at TE. If we get into salary cap problems, I think he's an acceptable loss.

Logic while talking Vernon Davis............

Good Luck

Not today dude, 3 TD's is 3 TD's
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I admittedly hopped off the Davis bandwagon after last season, but i'm definitely itching for a spot.

Can someone make room?

-9fA

Come on bother. No Niner fan is denied anything as long as you rooting for a Niner IMO.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
They will sign him. Don't worry. He's a very unique player with extremely rare athleticism. Now that his game is coming around he won't ever leave S.F. IMO. They will Franchise Tag him if they have to. He won't leave period. Mark my words.

Don't know that I would be upset if he left. Seems like many teams prosper with just some unsavory, doofy white guy at TE. If we get into salary cap problems, I think he's an acceptable loss.

Good Luck

And the
Quote:
unsavory, doofy white guy at TE
on the other team was just as effective.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Vernon Davis a TD machine? Who knew? I never got off the bandwagon because I knew what kind of talent Davis had/has and the lack of at the QB position. Hopefully, Alex Smith keeps doing what he did today and lifts us off this offensive rut we've been in.
Thank you for making this a racial issue
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Good Luck

And the
Quote:

whats it been 3+ years? Let it go already. Well it was good to see Michael Huff lead an amazing Raiders defense that gave up oh wait 38 points to a rookie QB who threw 5 picks to the crappy Bills. Nevermind.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Good Luck

And the
Quote:

whats it been 3+ years? Let it go already. Well it was good to see Michael Huff lead an amazing Raiders defense that gave up oh wait 38 points to a rookie QB who threw 5 picks to the crappy Bills. Nevermind.

you guys ask where i'm at. Then think i'm hiding. Then tell me to let it go!

[ Edited by krizay on Oct 25, 2009 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Oscar:
Someone will eventually play a safety over the top of Davis or bracket him with a second LB on those seam/skinny post routes we run every single time in the Red Zone. Eventually, that route is going to bite us in the butt.

I guess now with Crabtree we can throw it to someone who will catch anything one-on-one on the outside.

If they do that they will leave both WR's outside of Vernon in single coverage on that specific play you are talking about and then it is just a back shoulder throw to them for an easy TD, it is really a pick your poison type deal.

Good Luck

I personally love all your post on VD they are so slanted I cant help but admire the pure refusal to accept the truth. I dont mean that in a bad way either.

And the
Quote:

• Chief
  • Veteran
lol
[ Edited by Chief on Oct 25, 2009 at 5:03 PM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Someone will eventually play a safety over the top of Davis or bracket him with a second LB on those seam/skinny post routes we run every single time in the Red Zone. Eventually, that route is going to bite us in the butt.

I guess now with Crabtree we can throw it to someone who will catch anything one-on-one on the outside.

crabtree looked great out there. showed leaping ability, great hands, the ability to get open. as he and smith continue to learn eachothers tendencies we will start to see more YAC

I am certainly watching for Crabs to get comfy in the system/nfl, he will light it up.... Just start Morgan and him for Pete's sake....
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erinChicago:
Vernon said earlier this season that he would like to play w/ Dolphins, now that his brother plays their. The contract should be extended before the season ends.

He never said that dude, stop changing the words that come from someones mouth to make your point, its f**king stupid.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

crabtree looked great out there. showed leaping ability, great hands, the ability to get open. as he and smith continue to learn eachothers tendencies we will start to see more YAC

Completely agree. Vernon should make the Pro Bowl at this pace. I'm sure we will extend him soon.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Good Luck

And the
Quote:

Says the guy hating on a guy playing at a pro bowl level
Share 49ersWebzone