There are 191 users in the forums

Whatever happens at Indianapolis next week...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't give a f**k! f**k Peyton!! We gonna stun the world next week!
Originally posted by Trajik1:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Obviously Alex played like a man on fire today, so he should start next week. Now we are playing the Colts who are arguably the best team in the NFL. If we should get blown out, it in no way will be Smith's, or any other QB's fault who starts. If Smith does start next week, I think the Colts game should be a freebey for him. We can't expect him to go out and beat Peyton Manning. If he has a solid game and throws another 3 TD's but we still lose 48-21 then that is ok in my book. Only THIS game though. Our team as a whole is not on the same level as the Colts. I've already accepted that we will be 3-4 after next week and I think a lot of other people have too. But anyway I will be praying for a miracle and hope the Colts have an "off" week. Go Niners!

i agree... but i do still think we have a chance... you never know
not holding my breathe i consider next week a bye week, i think we lose to the colts by atleast 20 points.
I AIN'T SKEARD! Bring it on, Manning.

Heck, the 49ers have nothing to lose next weekend in Indy. It's the Colts who have an undefeated season to nurse. If the 49ers lose the Colts, nobody's gonna be surprised. But if the Colts lose, it'll be all over ESPN for a week.

I look forward to the opportunity to kick their heads in! GO NINERS!
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
I AIN'T SKEARD! Bring it on, Manning.

Heck, the 49ers have nothing to lose next weekend in Indy. It's the Colts who have an undefeated season to nurse. If the 49ers lose the Colts, nobody's gonna be surprised. But if the Colts lose, it'll be all over ESPN for a week.

I look forward to the opportunity to kick their heads in! GO NINERS!

...I mean why not, right?
[ Edited by mississippi_sam on Oct 25, 2009 at 2:33 PM ]

H**L YEAH!

WHAT HE SAID!!!!
  • Silky
  • Veteran
wtf^^
Originally posted by crzy:
No pressure next week. We're going to probably be 10 point underdogs.

Being 3-4 is okay. We just have to finish 6-3. 9-7 makes the playoffs.

Agree with you all the way. If we go 3-4, it isn't the end of the world because 1. We are in the NFC West and our biggest competitor is the Cards and 2. After the Colts, most of our opponents are all beatable teams. Bears, Packers, Eagles and Cards will provide us with a challenge but we could very possibly go 2-2 against those 4 teams and win against the Titans, Lions, Rams, Jaguars and Seahawks.

• 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by teeohh:
the colts are elite, our defense will have their hands full trying to stop manning

No doubt, but they gave up 134 yds rushing to Steven Jackson , maybe Gore can get something going , you never know
It is funny how this has come full circle. Alex Smith's first start as a rookie, he played the Colts. Alex Smith comes out and lights the Texans up, and his first start again in 2+ years......against the Colts.

Lets hope his fortunes are more positive this time around. If he plays like he did today, this team could surprise the Colts. The Colts have been traditionally bad against the 3-4 so lets hope that trend continues.

Go Smith! Go Niners!
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
It is funny how this has come full circle. Alex Smith's first start as a rookie, he played the Colts. Alex Smith comes out and lights the Texans up, and his first start again in 2+ years......against the Colts.

Lets hope his fortunes are more positive this time around. If he plays like he did today, this team could surprise the Colts. The Colts have been traditionally bad against the 3-4 so lets hope that trend continues.

Go Smith! Go Niners!

It's destiny. Someone start writing the script for the movie.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Even if we lose in Indianapolis, the season looks good from here on out. What was our problem all year? Offense. We may have just found our solution. If we can put that offense together with our great defense, we are one dangerous team.

Most important of all, the future looks bright right about now. I couldn't say the same thing when Hill was in there.

I'd rather lose with the most talented guys we have. There's no shame in that. We put out our best players and best effort, and we lost. It happens. It's another thing to have your best guys on the bench. When Hill makes a mistake, I think, "Man, this is hopeless. We're wasting time. We're not going to develop him anyway." When Smith makes a mistake, I think, "It's OK. Smith is still young and learning. At least he has the talent, all he needs is some coaching and experience." With Smith in there, it's much easier to be a fan of this team.
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 25, 2009 at 3:55 PM ]
as of 2 weeks ago (too lazy to check now) colts are the number 1 team against the pass and bob sanders is back meaning they are good against the run i see us having no chance on both sides of the ball
Share 49ersWebzone