LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Why carry 7 WRs if 3 are healthy inactive?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wow. Receivers Micheal Spurlock, Brandon Jones AND Jason Hill are healthy scratches from the 49ers lineup. All will be in street clothes.

http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco
  • B650
  • Veteran
Because Bruce and Battle are gone next year, and they don't want to lose Hill, Jones, or Spurlock.
Originally posted by B650:
Because Bruce and Battle are gone next year, and they don't want to lose Hill, Jones, or Spurlock.

should have cut Battle if we are just going to let him walk after this year IMO. I know he has been reliable but he is taking up a roster spot.

Spurlock should be returning kicks, Hill and Jones should be active and Battle and Bruce should be inactive/cut.

Bruce is washed up yet he always gets a free pass and Battle is not a good returner yet they start over younger and more capable receivers.
What are we paying Jones to show up on Game day in street cloths?
we like to use walker as our 5th
Ya that's one of the moves that make me scratch my head too.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
We donot believe that we are ever going to need to go to 4 wide reciever or 5 Wide sets. We donot try to outsmart anybody yet our OFFENSE sucks
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Ya that's one of the moves that make me scratch my head too.

cause we got a joke of a OC and sing is an idiot when it comes to offense. should have never fired martz.

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
cause we got a joke of a OC and sing is an idiot when it comes to offense. should have never fired martz.

probably gonna have a new OC next year.....again......
i heard mike shanahan . mike holmgren are available :p bring them in to fix this mess.
Spurlock must have some dirt on the front office.
The only guess that I can make is that they are hiding certain guys on the roster because they factor into the longterm future of the team, but they don't want to let go of the guys who do not (Battle and Bruce).

1. Bruce- He still has something to contribute IF used correctly. However, he should not be starting. I don't expect much more than what we got last year from Bruce, and we have at least 3 receivers who can give what Bruce has as far as production is concerned.

2. Morgan- Clearly factors into the long and short term future of the team. Needs to be given more opportunities.

3. Hill- Factors into the long term future of the team (since they seem to be unwilling to let the guy go).

4. Jones- The biggest question mark. All of the money he was paid to do what?

5. Spurlock- If this guy isn't going to be used as a KR/PR, cut him. We have enough young/unproven receivers to develop.

6. Battle- veteran preference here. We already know what we will get out of Battle as a receiver and as a returner (see the Dennis Erickson era). I like Battle and have been one of his biggest supporters. However, we know what we are going to get out of him. If Spurlock can do a better job returning kicks, then Battle should be the one that is de-activated or cut.

7. Crabtree- no explanatio needed.

So with this list, we lose 1 or 2 guys and have 4 young receivers to ride into the future with.
Share 49ersWebzone