LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 162 users in the forums

This team WON'T make the playoffs.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

Not with that attitude they won't... geez, good thing you're not a coach or a motivational speaker.

This is how I picture SanDiego49er:

Bitter and alone with his thoughts and an internet connection... bad combo.

Whoa ..Lol. In SD's defense, he maybe on the negative side, but he's not a troll. Do not confuse him with the guy who claims to be a fan of Singletary.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I think, whether this squad makes the playoffs or not, will be decided over the course of the next four games.

If the Niners improve with every passing game, as they had been before the Atlanta blowout, then we're going to beat some teams that people will not expect us to beat (Indy, Philly, etc.).

However, there is an equal chance that we could go in the other direction.

Time will tell.

I'm not all doom and gloom like the poster who started this thread, but I'm no rah-rah guy either. I think I predicted a 4-12 finish for this team. Obviously, I was way off that mark. They've played better than expected.

What I want to know is this: What was the Atlanta game? A true measuring stick of how far the team has come and how far it has to go? A one game flop and nothing more?

Time will tell.

I am pretty much the same, I had a 7-9 prediction with the caveat that I am much more open to the notion I am underestimating them and not overestimating them.

The other caveat is regardless of how I rank the Niners, I also don't think too highly of anyone else within the division so there is always that too

The division is terribly weak and that does give us the one chance we have to win it.

Yes, that would be the one chance that the 49ers have of sneaking into the playoffs. Way back when before the season started, I was one of the people who posted that I thought the 49ers would go 7-9, so I have been pleasantly surprised by their start so far except of course for last weekend. That being said, I still can't see them being much more than a 500 team. They just have too many glaring weaknesses that good teams can exploit.
Ugh I love Frank and think he is a top 15 back but he is really overrated on this board. Our O sucked ass even before his injury its the sad truth. This O isnt going to be any different after the bye Sing IMO is just pulling a No-nuts and talking and wont pull the tirgger I.E bench Baas or Chilo or HILL. the O is inept is just horrible to watch. but we do lead the NFL in one offense catergory we are 1st in the NFL in 3 and outs ..........

[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Oct 16, 2009 at 17:26:27 ]
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Ugh I love Frank and think he is a top 15 back but he is really overrated on this board. Our O sucked ass even before his injury its the sad truth. This O isnt going to be any different after the bye Sing IMO is just pulling a No-nuts and talking and wont pull the tirgger I.E bench Baas or Chilo or HILL. the O is inept is just horrible to watch. but we do lead the NFL in one offense catergory we are 1st in the NFL in 3 and outs ..........

I think that he is a solid top 10 back when healthy, although its hard to do with this line.
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

For the 2009 - 2010 season this is what I predict.

1 - 15.

The #2 pick in the draft behind the 0 - 16 Lions.

-9fA

That pretty much puts it into perspective.
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by singfan:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by singfan:
Quote:
Also as promised, Singletary is doggedly pursuing his vision for what he wants his team to look like. Among his more eye-opening statements when he took the 49ers job was that one day, he was going to be the best coach in NFL history. And that the 49ers could again be a special team.

Taken from Purdy's column. http://www.mercurynews.com/49ersheadlines/49ers/ci_13572857

This is the type of arrogance that will bring us down. Sing will not be convinced that wasting time outs for pep rallies, out thinking your opponent, or hiring quality coaches is necessary. This is borderline Nolanism without the silly suit issues. He needs a mentor in the worst way possible.

Bring us down? The previous two Head Coaches have already done that, remember, or has you hatred for Sing, clouded your memory? This sh*t just cracks me up, AND it proves one thing about you - prior to this loss where were you singfan? I'll tell you where - LURKING. waiting for something bad to happen so that you could come out of hiding and spit your nonsense.

Through the first 4-weeks of the season, you knew you wouldn't have a leg to stand on with your one-track, negative drag. It took a loss, and some mistakes on the team and Coaches part for you to have the balls to come out of hiding and post your biased garbage.

It's obvious that you are a miserable person, and I feel sorry for you.

Biased garbage? . FYI... I was trying and trying to temper my distaste for Sing as a coach. Beating up our weak division was satisfying in a "almost got a nut kinda way", but then reality sets in, and what you knew all along to be true, proves itself out to be worse than you could have imagined.

45-10 loss from the self anointed, "future greatest coach in NFL history". How's that one taste.

.. a little motivation, mm yeah, mm yeah
need a little motivation, yeah
just a little motivation, yeah
some more motivation, yeah
need some motivation, yeah
could use some motivation, yeah
gotta have some motivation, yeah
all it takes is motivation,
just a little motivation
is all you need

Whatever happened to your pal, Sabrason?
Originally posted by socalniner:
i'm just hoping we land Shanahan

why, so we can ditch an outstanding coach for a guy who who sticks to old habits and seeks way too much control of his team?

we'll end up with 3 mediocre RB backfield that changes every year, and we never know whos the feature guy.

Shanahan was overrated. lets see him with those super bowls without John Elway and Terrell Davis.
Although this team is improved in some categories it is still a rebuilding project in many and very overrated on the WZ IMO. Let's look at the games and schedule for starters. Then we will look at other issues effecting this team. The reasons why we aren't a playoff caliber team I state below at the bottom of the post.

1) Cardinals (WIN) - they were missing key players at the time they played us and will be tougher next time.

2) Seahawks (WIN) - A very poor team this year and some key injuries.

3) Vikings (LOSS) - An elite team and they beat us. Say what you want about playing almost good enough. They beat us.

4) Rams (WIN) - When and NFL team plays a college team you are supposed to win.

5) Falcons (BIG LOSS) - A very good team beat us soundly in every aspect of the game.

6) At Texans - (loss).
7) At Colts - (big loss).
8) Titans (win).
9) Bears (loss). Cutler vs. Hill...
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
12) At Seattle (loss). They will play better at home.
13) Cardinals (loss). Getting some key players back now.
14) At Eagles (big loss).
15) Lions (win).
16) At Rams (win). You are supposed to beat college teams.

7 - 9 is what we are looking at as a best case scenario.

Also look at these things.

~ A playoff team doesn't have 4 / 5 Offensive linemen who can't block. Please show me the last playoff team that has this....

~ Inconsistent pass rush.

~ Bottom ranked offense. Show me an offense ranked this low that makes the playoffs. There is no ability to pass or come from behind. Thus there is very little ability to win against good teams.

~ Lack of GAME BREAKING SPEED. Good teams have game breakers like the Vikings, Saints or Falcons for example in the NFC. They have guys who can take it to the endzone. We have guys who get caught from behind in the open field.

~ Very questionable game day decisions by the coach. Calling a timeout to give a pep rally at the NFL level. I mean come on.... That cost us when Delanies fumble that wasn't a fumble could have been overturned. That's not playoff worthy. Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson would never make a move like that.

Singletary as a motivator 10/10 - no questions.
Singletary's game day decisions 4/10.

That doesn't get you deep in the playoffs.

~ A QB that throws a pass like a punt and can't come from behind. Can only "manage" the game to a win if you are up. But will lose if you are down.

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teams don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.

nobody care what you think. you also said we would not win more than 2 games. so fn what. go back to the hole that you were in before this loss
  • bambam52
  • Info N/A
Although this team is improved in some categories it is still a rebuilding project in many and very overrated on the WZ IMO. Let's look at the games and schedule for starters. Then we will look at other issues effecting this team. The reasons why we aren't a playoff caliber team I state below at the bottom of the post.

1) Cardinals (WIN) - they were missing key players at the time they played us and will be tougher next time.

3) Vikings (LOSS) - An elite team and they beat us. Say what you want about playing almost good enough. They beat us.

5) Falcons (BIG LOSS) - A very good team beat us soundly in every aspect of the game.

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

~ A playoff team doesn't have 4 / 5 Offensive linemen who can't block. Please show me the last playoff team that has this....

~ Bottom ranked offense. Show me an offense ranked this low that makes the playoffs. There is no ability to pass or come from behind. Thus there is very little ability to win against good teams.

~ Lack of GAME BREAKING SPEED. Good teams have game breakers like the Vikings, Saints or Falcons for example in the NFC. They have guys who can take it to the endzone. We have guys who get caught from behind in the open field.

~ Very questionable game day decisions by the coach. Calling a timeout to give a pep rally at the NFL level. I mean come on.... That cost us when Delanies fumble that wasn't a fumble could have been overturned. That's not playoff worthy. Bill Walsh or Jimmy Johnson would never make a move like that.

~ A QB that throws a pass like a punt and can't come from behind. Can only "manage" the game to a win if you are up. But will lose if you are down.

Another overrated year. 49ers fans are hungy for a winning program but these factors make us still a rebuilding team. Playoff teams don't have this many holes. Just watch the playoffs the last few years. They don't have this many problems.

im guessing that you are a chargers fan cause you are talking non sense right now ,its simple as this they got out played by the falcons , we will be fine and we will show up against the texans , and for your information every team in this league needs a peep rally cause they do stupid sh*t , and finally if roman wasnt on this team we would be 4-1 right now , and we all know what roman noodle did....

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

The Super Bowl Champs Pittsburgh Steelers. They gave up a lot of sacks the last 3 years!

• vrock49151
  • Info N/A
call yourself a niner fan WE WANT WINNERS hit the bowl again
...says, "POONTANG INA MO!" 2 all the pu$$y-a$$ "fans"!
Originally posted by Dem9erboyz:

6) At Texans - (loss).
8) Titans (win).
10) At Packers (loss).
11) Jaguars (win).
15) Lions (win).

The Super Bowl Champs Pittsburgh Steelers. They gave up a lot of sacks the last 3 years!

Exactly. Not all but some of our fans act like we are the only team in the league with a horrible o-line. That aint the case, the difference is that the others team QB's make the plays when they are given them. Hill's actually been ok so far, however, he is also responsible for the passing game, and not just the O-line. Other teams have an Oline and still produce in the passing game. We dont produce as much as we should and it's all on the Oline, yeah right. What hypocrite's sometimes. I say dont knock the guy completely and say he hasnt produced anything, but be realistic about what he actually has produced.
Will any of you apologize to him if we finish the year 7-9? Having realistic (although slightly pessimistic) expectations for the coming games makes him no less a fan than you. You're allowed to say your team will lose. It doesn't make you any less of a fan.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Will any of you apologize to him if we finish the year 7-9? Having realistic (although slightly pessimistic) expectations for the coming games makes him no less a fan than you. You're allowed to say your team will lose. It doesn't make you any less of a fan.

You know, i used to say that as a fan, you should be able to have an opinion, support it with your mindset and not be crucified because of it. But in the zone, like i tell the kids i work with, Common sense is not so common. If you dont believe in the smoke and mirrors, and think we are ok, but have a long way to go, it doesnt mean you dont support your team. A true fan is when your following the team when we are where we are now, and if we were 2-14. I just say we shouldnt knock a brotha, if he doesnt buy all into the hype of what some of our fans are painting our team to be.
Share 49ersWebzone