LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 237 users in the forums

Harvey Dahl

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/10/49ers-suffer-worst-loss-since-move-to-candlestick.html

Read the part about former niner Harvey Dahl acting like trash out there. That being said, we could have used him blocking for us yesterday.
lol spikes

"He has a little something with this team," Spikes said. "They cut him because he wasn't worth a (expletive)."
Originally posted by teeohh:
lol spikes

"He has a little something with this team," Spikes said. "They cut him because he wasn't worth a (expletive)."

gotta love Spikes!
he was really pissing me off. He kept shoving guys after the play.
I don't even remember that guy.
I'm pretty sure that's why Sing was calling those time outs at the end of the game. It looked like he pulled the D over and told them to jab him in the back. The next 2 plays he got blasted after the play in the back for no reason.

Well, for being a dckwad all day. I guess that's why.
I wonder what Sing and Dahl were barking at each other for?
Originally posted by ION2814:

I wish we had a Guard on this team that shows some toughness and is mean and rough. A little cheap shot here and there slightly after the whistle makes your team a force to be reconned with. Not like the cream puffs we have. Maybe we should bring him back.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 12, 2009 at 00:43:02 ]
I remember this cat during the nolan years, nothing special. I do not know why he was taunting like he was. Must be the Kendrick Perkins of the Falcons, average player who rides the star players a__
This is what COACHING can do for any pro level player. Dahl was CUT by the Niners, he played RT for the Falcons last year beacuse the starter was injured and did well. He is the starting Guard, and played really well.

Our Offensive line has talent, but for whatever reason our coaching sucks for the OL.

The falcons have given up 2 sacks this season, the niners give up that many in a half.

For a run first team, all I can say is we have given up on way to many OL who are now starters for other teams.

Dahl, Smiley, Kyle Kosier.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by ION2814:

I wish we had a Guard on this team that shows some toughness and is mean and rough. A little cheap shot here and there slightly after the whistle makes your team a force to be reconned with. Not like the cream puffs we have. Maybe we should bring him back.

Amen. We could have used someone with toughness out there. It's certainly not Baas.

I've followed Dahl from his HS days at Fallon, NV HS, UNR football, and 49er castoff. The 49ers have a few castoff Guards playing well for other teams. Why can't we move some of our players who couldn't make it on the edge to Guard position?
Our players respect Coach standing up for them. But Singletary should have never got into it with Dahl. He has to be above that. Even if Dahl was taking cheap shots our players can defend themselves. Take a shot back at Dahl we were losing anyway. By a lot.
We spend all these early picks on O-linemen (Baas, Rachal, Snyder) and only one has worked out (Staley).

Yet Atlanta takes a rag tag group of players last year including someone the Niners cut (had some early round talent) and turns them into one of the best o-lines in the business.

We have not been able to pick out a good offensive coaching staff for a long time now, and I'm really concerned about Singletary's ability to pick one in the future.

Year in and year out the 49ers o-line has been one of the worst in the nfl. This is simply unaceptable.

A real power running offensive line...check out Miami, Dallas, Atlanta, New Orleans.

This is a joke.
I'm hoping the niners will use one of the first round draft picks to get a good offensive linemen
Our o-line was terrible yesterday. I agree, we need better coaching on the o-line here. Last Great O-line Coach we had was of course the great Bob McKittrick
Share 49ersWebzone