LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 160 users in the forums

I am pumped about a SEA or ARI loss next week

Shop Find 49ers gear online
One of these guys will lose and that team drops another game back of our division lead. I personally hope that it is ARI because at this point of the season, I think they are the most dangerous division foe. Plus I think they face NY the following week which could bury them early. Let me know what you think!!
I'd rather win games or at least play a team like this one close instead of hoping other teams in our division lose.... Guess that's just me.
hopefully seattle wins because seattle would be 3-3 and we are 3-2 while if the cards win theyll be 3-2 and we are 3-2. either way we will still be first next week regardless of what happens since were 3-0 in division
  • Mex49
Now we pray for other to loose so we can "win". That is what this team has come to.
Can we do anything for ourselves anymore
Originally posted by Method:
I'd rather win games or at least play a team like this one close instead of hoping other teams in our division lose.... Guess that's just me.

yup
I get your point. The ideal situation is that you are a powerhouse and you dont have to look over your shoulder at what another team is doing. You just focus on winning every week. But that aside, I would like to do and see what is best as far as us winning the division. The more separation we have, the better I sleep at night. But you are right, players and coaches should just focus on the next game, but fans like myself like to hate on my division foes as I root for my squad. Coming in to this season, my hope was that we contend for and win this division and see growth form last year. I don't think this one loss will make me give up on that hope just yet. I hope we come out the bye healthy, focused, and motivated and still up as much as possible on our division peers

[ Edited by Pillbusta on Oct 11, 2009 at 20:24:09 ]
don't you have to do both? we are probably not a team at this point who is going to have ten wins or more imo.

that being said the other teams in our division probably aren't either which means like last year this division can most likely be won with a 9-7 record. So I'm definitely keeping an eye on every game divisional competitors are in and praying for a loss because judging from this week ari and sea are gelling a little better and looking like more of a threat. Not that I don't love an old fashioned 9er win to keep the lead separation!
Originally posted by wassmuth49:
don't you have to do both? we are probably not a team at this point who is going to have ten wins or more imo.

that being said the other teams in our division probably aren't either which means like last year this division can most likely be won with a 9-7 record. So I'm definitely keeping an eye on every game divisional competitors are in and praying for a loss because judging from this week ari and sea are gelling a little better and looking like more of a threat. Not that I don't love an old fashioned 9er win to keep the lead separation!

I concur
i hope they tie!
Originally posted by teeohh:
i hope they tie!

That would rock

Yeah...

I'd rather be able win our own games.
Share 49ersWebzone