LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 193 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'll bet if Nolan were here, he'd get Crabs to sign after taking him on one of those helicopter rides
Originally posted by socalniner:
I'll bet if Nolan were here, he'd get Crabs to sign after taking him on one of those helicopter rides

Originally posted by PTulini:
I'm just asking... Why is Michael Crabtree even listed on our roster page at 49ERS.com when he is not under contract with the team? In my opinion, that should not be aloud! Ok, maybe I'm just a little bit frustrated?

technically its not aloud lol. its silent.

iirc mm said a few days ago he was changing his prediction to not any time soon. i could be wrong though.
Man this dude is really not going to sign.....That's cool we'll be able to trade him.....maybe for a 1st round pick. Could you imagine 3 1st's in next years draft??

George Selvie, Suh, and Dez Bryant....WOW
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by PTulini:
I'm just asking... Why is Michael Crabtree even listed on our roster page at 49ERS.com when he is not under contract with the team? In my opinion, that should not be aloud! Ok, maybe I'm just a little bit frustrated?

technically its not aloud lol. its silent.

iirc mm said a few days ago he was changing his prediction to not any time soon. i could be wrong though.

Maiocco technically didn't change his prediction. He was talking to some of his "sources" and they pretty much said, "Don't hold your breath."

Originally posted by BigShaun:
Let crabtree sit out and re-enter the draft, think about it if we didnt get him who would of think he might have gone 2nd round during the 09, draft. He is an injury prone subject that then ninners dont need, and also he played for texas which is a passing team have we all forgotten what the ninner are a West Coast Offense, we run the ball down there gut. Crabtree is a sell out, let him re-enter the draft and lets do a couple trades to get a couple 2nd round pics and get a better more pospectible receiver. Oh yeah Deion you douce who are those teams that supposly asked the ninners to trade, Crabtree listen to your boy Deion he is a sell out, couldnt make rap CD's couldnt make it in Baseball and Couldnt make it in the NFL, listen when you are going to hit someone you drop your shoulders and level them has everyone forgot about how Dieon was a sell out.....

Are you serious man? Did you say Deion couldn't make it in the nfl? He's one of the best corners of all time and is a lock for the HOF.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by danielpritchard:
correct me if im wrong but i just read that the 49ers have 55 mil in cap room...now dont get me wrong, i am all for standing firm against crabtree because i think he hasnt proved anything yet...but if we have the money, why not?? we do have subpar receivers, you cant argue that....and if they give 80 mil to clements...IMO 49ers need to do whatever it takes to start winning games, fans are getting restless.

...i know this is my first posting but i have always browsed this site..take it easy on me lol..go 9ers

Because you don't just let some Rook kick the door in and tell you how it's gonna be, when he technically has never done sh!t in this league to warrant that.

Add to that tying up too much money on one "unproven" player can put you in salary cap hell down the road, we don't need that again.
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Man this dude is really not going to sign.....That's cool we'll be able to trade him.....maybe for a 1st round pick. Could you imagine 3 1st's in next years draft??

cept that would drain our rookie salary pool
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by singfan:
McCloughan needs to face some consequences as a result of this fiasco. If they are not going to get rid of him, then something along the lines of a 4 week suspension would be appropriate.

Even more over-the-top than usual. You're becoming a caricature of yourself.

Come on now, please tell me how astute posters like MadDog and myself knew that this situation was highly probable and yet our GM, our "trigger man", did not. Nine other teams were like, "uhhhh, no way", and yet McCloughan thought he was smarter than them all. Heck, Mangini all but spelled it out for him, and Al Davis took a guy with stone hands instead, but McCloughan still didn't get it. He takes him despite all the warning signs, takes him without investigating what the guy thinks he's worth, then joyfully proceeds to trade our 2nd round pick, and merrily sits in front of the cameras like the cat that ate the canary. I believe he termed the first day of the draft something along the lines of his perfect scenario.

I'm calling for action to be taken. Unacceptable.
I know I talk a lot of trash about Craptree, but I really want this guy to sign. We don't "need" him, but we sure could use him...

If it was just about paying him money I would fold, however caving to his demands has long term ramifications for future negotiations and to some extent, team moral (Staleys deal).

I fricken hate this prick. Him and Peon Sanders are making us a laughing stock. Sure the teams are behind us, but it's at our expense.l

I want to like Crabtree.
I don't kid myself ...... we need him alright ....... and we will need him even more next season. Come on and meet somewhere in the middle and get this damn thing done.
We don't need Crabtree...or a receiving corps for that matter
Originally posted by darkknight49:

Well...I thought about that....but wouldn't we be able to utulize the money we saved from not signing Crabtree?
Originally posted by darkknight49:

Well...I thought about that....but wouldn't we be able to utulize the money we saved from not signing Crabtree?

I don't think that the yearly salary pool rolls-over.

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone