LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

49ers vs. Bengals 1989

Shop Find 49ers gear online

[ Edited by Rojo49 on Sep 1, 2009 at 02:23:02 ]
  • flow
  • Veteran
I think these are actually from the 1988 season, 1989 Super Bowl (XXIII).

But great find nonetheless!
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
I think these are actually from the 1988 season, 1989 Super Bowl (XXIII).

But great find nonetheless!

yes.
Originally posted by Rojo49:

One of, if not THE, best memory of my Niner fandom! I was living in Goleta, in a frathouse, at UCSB. We rented a big screen T.V. (A BIG deal in 1989) and held a superbowl party. Half the guys were from so-cal, the rest of us from norcal. At the start of that drive the So-cal (RAM/psuedo-Raider fans) were VERY vocal and confident that the Red & Gold would lose. .......... Once J.T. caught that pass, we Niner fans went ballistic! If I remember correctly, we grabbed the Niner flag and ran around the block 4 or 5 times, screaming and yelling at the top of our lungs (I was 19 so......) ...... Didn't see the Defense hold the bengals (D deserves big props for that win tho as well) ....... What a great day!

Originally posted by erndoogie46:

One of, if not THE, best memory of my Niner fandom! I was living in Goleta, in a frathouse, at UCSB. We rented a big screen T.V. (A BIG deal in 1989) and held a superbowl party. Half the guys were from so-cal, the rest of us from norcal. At the start of that drive the So-cal (RAM/psuedo-Raider fans) were VERY vocal and confident that the Red & Gold would lose. .......... Once J.T. caught that pass, we Niner fans went ballistic! If I remember correctly, we grabbed the Niner flag and ran around the block 4 or 5 times, screaming and yelling at the top of our lungs (I was 19 so......) ...... Didn't see the Defense hold the bengals (D deserves big props for that win tho as well) ....... What a great day!

LOL. Sounds very familiar.
I miss Craig, Montana, Rathman, Rice and Taylor. That was a fun offense to watch.
Share 49ersWebzone