LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Finley or Pascoe

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I assume we can not keep both of these TEs so they are fighting for one spot. Finley has had some nice catches and a pretty good preseason. I read some good things on Pascoe but I haven't seen much from him. Does anyone have anymore insight to this competition at TE??
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I was fired up over Bear when he was drafted. I haven't seen a lick of him in preseason... Is he hurt?

Joe John looks pretty good. I don't know if he can take the spot of Brit Miller though.
We are tight end heavy.
Originally posted by Nuns:
I was fired up over Bear when he was drafted. I haven't seen a lick of him in preseason... Is he hurt?

Joe John looks pretty good. I don't know if he can take the spot of Brit Miller though.
We are tight end heavy.

Miller is a FB who hopefully can clear waivers and get on our PS.
Hope we keep Bear Pascoe. He will be sweating it out come final cuts.
Bear is the only one that has scored points for us
Finley is getting a lot of reps and made a nice catch on Saturday. Pascoe will likely head to practice squad.
It's going to be a close one. I'm kind of rooting for Pascoe, but you've got to back the player that does the best. There's absolutely no way that both of them make the squad.
wheres the homers who said Pascoe could unseat Davis at TE.....

Originally posted by RonMexico:

A two point conversion from Damon Huard.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

its still true lol

• Lifer
  • Veteran

The decision on which one makes the squad will be based 90% on blocking ability. Receiving is an afterthought for this roster spot.
It will come down to the wire for both, no doubt. Both can still be put on the practice squad though, we shall see Friday night vs. san diego
  • mod
  • Veteran
I like em both
Originally posted by Lifer:

The decision on which one makes the squad will be based 90% on blocking ability. Receiving is an afterthought for this roster spot.

You might have hit on a point. Maybe we should just keep TEs that can block. We won't really need any receivers that can catch. Simply keep both and move VD and
Walker to WRs. Bring back Estes if he is still around and call him a TE. Maybe we can convert Staley back to TE while we are at it. I think he played TE in high school and his first year of college.

Then we could run the double tight end set with Staley and Pascoe as TE, and Walker and VD as WRs. That would lull the defense into thinking we are going to pass and we would have 4 TEs to block, springing our back for another 3 or 4 yards.

Instead of the spread, we could call it the tight option.

[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Aug 31, 2009 at 13:11:42 ]
Haven't paid too much attention to them, but if JJ is getting more reps then that tells us something!
Share 49ersWebzone