There are 216 users in the forums

Predictons: Bubble guys

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I will base this off of what most viewed as players on the bubble, and give my insight on who I think will and will not make the final 53 man roster:

Will Make It:

-Battle--If this really was a question at any point it isn't now. The only question about Battle is if he's the #2 or 3 guy on the team?

-Nate Davis--I have no doubt that he won't last on the PS, and I also have no doubt that Singletary envisions a 2010 QB competition involving Nate.

-Kory Sheets--This guy may prove to be our best red-zone threat with his leaping ability, agility, and speed to the outside. If we want to be a running team, we are going to need a RB by committee. That's the reality of today's NFL.

-Harris--Has anyone noticed that our pass rush can use all the help it can get? I could get that Singletary has.

Won't make it:

-Zeigler--He has not separated himself at all from all the other 3rd stringers he's been going against. With the possibility of 4 QBs and 6 RBs (FBs included) can the team really afford extra receivers who are not making a case for themselves? His PS eligibility doesn't help him much.

-Green--I think Hudson makes the team over him. Lots of other decent corners on the roster.

-Curtis Taylor--He's done close to nothing, and will likely end up on the practice squad.

Not sure yet:
-Damon Huard - will we keep 4 QBs? Can we trade him for a backup RT?
-Michael Spurlock - Doesn't offer much as a return guy, but while Crabtree is MIA can he be the one to hold the spot warm?
-Alex Boone - Is there someone the team trusts to take over Marvel Smith's position? If not, Boone's chances increase
What are the thoughts about K. Mitchell on the dline, and RJFrancois?
Huard for a backup RT? I wish.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
What are the thoughts about K. Mitchell on the dline, and RJFrancois?

Mitchell, in my opinion, stands no chance. RJF is a question I can't answer until I see more of McDonald. Best guess right now is that neither makes it.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

-Nate Davis--I have no doubt that he won't last on the PS, and I also have no doubt that Singletary envisions a 2010 QB competition involving Nate.

If we don't make the playoffs I hope we fire Singletary and hire a known Superbowl winner. I.E. Jon Gruden, Mike Shananan or Holmgren.
Spurlock will make it if they keep 6 WRs.

Bruce
Battle
Crabtree
Jones
Morgan
Spurlock
Originally posted by Method:

If we don't make the playoffs I hope we fire Singletary and hire a known Superbowl winner. I.E. Jon Gruden, Mike Shananan or Holmgren.

Wow....... Fire after 1 season?

what if we go 9-7 and don't make the playoffs? If a 1st year coach doesn't make the playoffs then he should get fired???? Unreal
I like Zeigler and he seems to catch everything thrown his way. (Can anyone verify his catch precentage?)

Heres the real question for me. Whos going to return kicks. Rossum or Spurlock, and since we havent signed Crabs yet, will we keep Zeigler on the active roster if Crabs isnt signed by game day?

The one play by Spurlock for 35 yards on a short crossing route didnt impress me as much as the clutch catches made by Zeigler in the last few games of last season. If I had to choose, I would take Z! How about you?

Then Rossum or Spurlock? Cuz obviously this one play Spurlock made against Dallas has convinced you all hes the real deal. Or is it the fact weve been using him in the utterly useless and overated "Taser"(Wild Cat). Because I havent seen anything out of him there thats made me think, "wow, this kid can play" Besides, Id rather have Robbinson running it because at least hes still capable of throwing the ball.

what if we go 9-7 and don't make the playoffs? If a 1st year coach doesn't make the playoffs then he should get fired???? Unreal

Is anyone out there comfortable with Hill as a long term solution at QB? I dont even think Hill supporters can say they are. Nate Davis is our future in my opinion, and were going to go into our 3d consecutive season with a QB competition in camp unless something happens to Hill and Davis gets thrown into the wolves den and establishes himself as the leader of the offense much the same way Hill did.

I love how Nate has as quick a release as Hill with a cannon with twice as much gun powder and TNT as Smith. Seems like the best of both worlds, and we got him in the 5th. f**king a right we got ourselves a steal, and best part is all we have to do to help him be successful is draw pictures. I hope Raye is taking art lessons!!! (joke)

Originally posted by NTeply49:
I like Zeigler and he seems to catch everything thrown his way. (Can anyone verify his catch precentage?)

Heres the real question for me. Whos going to return kicks. Rossum or Spurlock, and since we havent signed Crabs yet, will we keep Zeigler on the active roster if Crabs isnt signed by game day?

The one play by Spurlock for 35 yards on a short crossing route didnt impress me as much as the clutch catches made by Zeigler in the last few games of last season. If I had to choose, I would take Z! How about you?

Then Rossum or Spurlock? Cuz obviously this one play Spurlock made against Dallas has convinced you all hes the real deal. Or is it the fact weve been using him in the utterly useless and overated "Taser"(Wild Cat). Because I havent seen anything out of him there thats made me think, "wow, this kid can play" Besides, Id rather have Robbinson running it because at least hes still capable of throwing the ball.

My thread is more about who I THINK will make the team, not about who I WANT to make the team. Here are some reasons that I think Spurlock gets the nod over Ziegler (if only one of them makes the team)

-Ziegler has PS eligibility
-Spurlock can return punts and kicks
-Spurlock seems to be our #1 guy for the WC (don't know why, considering it's just been a handoff for the most part)
Originally posted by NTeply49:

My thread is more about who I THINK will make the team, not about who I WANT to make the team. Here are some reasons that I think Spurlock gets the nod over Ziegler (if only one of them makes the team)

-Ziegler has PS eligibility
-Spurlock can return punts and kicks
-Spurlock seems to be our #1 guy for the WC (don't know why, considering it's just been a handoff for the most part)

I stated I THINK Z will make it and STATED why I think he deserves it. Or was my post in spanish? Hable espanol? I also brought up 2/3 of your points with the exception that Z has PS eligibility but why would I bring that up when I was stating why I THINK Z makes the team

I like Spurlock and would like to keep him on the roster as the kick returner over Rossum because he can actually play another position when Rossum is taking a roster spot away from us. I also THINK Spurlock can just as successful as Rossum in providing us good field position because the its all about the unity of the special teams unit and I feel like weve got one of the best, especially with Al Everest coaching the unit.

Is that enough thinking for you? Or too much want? Maybe I want what I think? Ill take my cake and eat it too cuz im not goona watch the son of a beech go stale sitting on the counter
Spurlock: return man, slot receiver and Taser QB. I think he's a keeper. Even if Rossum does returns this year, how many more seasons will he play?

cosigned. scotty must go too then also. if we go 9-7 and make progress he gets another chance though. but like 6-10 wont cut it, and if sing+scott cant get it done than we need to find someone whose proven they can win. sing got to hire his own oc, choose his qb, and his d. this is his team. and scott has had 4 years to get the needed players to win. bottom line is its put up or shut up time for everyone here.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

cosigned. scotty must go too then also. if we go 9-7 and make progress he gets another chance though. but like 6-10 wont cut it, and if sing+scott cant get it done than we need to find someone whose proven they can win. sing got to hire his own oc, choose his qb, and his d. this is his team. and scott has had 4 years to get the needed players to win. bottom line is its put up or shut up time for everyone here.

You 2 should be fired for your post. A coach get fired after 1 year because he didnt take a team, that hasnt been to the playoffs in years, back to the playoffs. RI-DIC-U-LOUS(jim rome)
Share 49ersWebzone