There are 275 users in the forums

Who is the weakest link on our D????

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is the weakest link on our D????

• WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Three-and-outs on our O.
Originally posted by pwilly:
It makes me laugh to see how little the average web zoner knows about football. Those results are ridiculous. Goldson and Manny Lawson are the two smart choices as they have shown a lack of ability to do their jobs, though I admit Goldson has a smaller sample size. Manny cant pressure the QB and theres a reason Goldson made those tackles downfield against the raiders: he was giving up long passes in front of him. And dont make me remind you of the half back draw against seattle when he ran right by julius jones. Lastly its a joke that Bly has 0% completly unproven veternen who was cut, yet Clements has 13%.

Manny or goldson is our weakest link i s your vote? Goldson is a rookie so i can kinda see that manny came on strong at the end of last year with a couple sasks and TFL after nolans stupid D left us!(btw did you see our fb kill denver like leanord weaver killed us last year....nolans d=just dont cover the FB !) Anyway what can you say soap has done? ive never seen him do somethign great i havent seen a wow? For that matter have you ever seen bly get toasted ? Ive' run out of fingers to count how many times i seen Nate get beat...i like our CBs but nate isnt great he is just good...(against the run great! coverage so so).
Originally posted by syoung8:
It makes me laugh to see how little the average web zoner knows about football. Those results are ridiculous. Goldson and Manny Lawson are the two smart choices as they have shown a lack of ability to do their jobs, though I admit Goldson has a smaller sample size. Manny cant pressure the QB and theres a reason Goldson made those tackles downfield against the raiders: he was giving up long passes in front of him. And dont make me remind you of the half back draw against seattle when he ran right by julius jones. Lastly its a joke that Bly has 0% completly unproven veternen who was cut, yet Clements has 13%.

Manny or goldson is our weakest link i s your vote? Goldson is a rookie so i can kinda see that manny came on strong at the end of last year with a couple sasks and TFL after nolans stupid D left us!(btw did you see our fb kill denver like leanord weaver killed us last year....nolans d=just dont cover the FB !) Anyway what can you say soap has done? ive never seen him do somethign great i havent seen a wow? For that matter have you ever seen bly get toasted ? Ive' run out of fingers to count how many times i seen Nate get beat...i like our CBs but nate isnt great he is just good...(against the run great! coverage so so).

Well, he did say that the average webzoner doesn't know much about football!
Originally posted by English:

You gotta admit, there is some truth to his comments about Clements. He has not proven to be the blanket/shut down corner we were led to believe we were getting. Not to say he isn't very good; he's great against the run and a sure and brutal tackler, but he gets beat too often to claim as a shut down. But Bly better than Nate? Nope.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Originally posted by English:

You gotta admit, there is some truth to his comments about Clements. He has not proven to be the blanket/shut down corner we were led to believe we were getting. Not to say he isn't very good; he's great against the run and a sure and brutal tackler, but he gets beat too often to claim as a shut down. But Bly better than Nate? Nope.

Oh I give you that. But until we get a passrush and a decent NT, I don't see how he can be called the weakest link
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I hate to say it, but it looks like Nate is the weakiest link. He plays 30 yds off the recievers and can't cover worth a lick. Manny is second.
Right now it's too early for me to make a decision but last season I'd say Roman Hands down. Goldson looks promising, when I saw him in training camp he was all over the field. Hopefully our D is stronger than it was last year.
Originally posted by mayo63:
I hate to say it, but it looks like Nate is the weakiest link. He plays 30 yds off the recievers and can't cover worth a lick. Manny is second.

he seems to do good in the reguar season
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

For the money we're paying him I want him to be Deone Sanders.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

For the money we're paying him I want him to be Deone Sanders.

I've always been a Nate supporter, but something about him acting big and trash talking during scrimmage, and then get's burnt to a crisp on gameday bothers me a bit...

he needs to be a silent assassin like Namndi Asomugha.

toss up between soap and af. I think we may have the worst front 3 in a 3-4 in the league. Before Smith came they definitely were the worst
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The weakest link without a doubt is Manny Lawson. In a 3-4 defense the OLB is supposed to be able to rush the passer and Lawson is an epic fail in that part of the game.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
This guy
so far??? since we picked him up from buffalo... nate C has been pretty dissapointing especially for the price we're paying him. he gets burnt alot! example raiders game!
Epic Failure! Dude, don't post if you can't come close to spelling a player's name. It just shows you don't know the first thing about the guy, or you are too lazy to even attempt to spell his name correctly, thus wasting the board's time.

Is it: Sapogoa (DE) or Sopoga? How about Soapagaoga? Or Sapoagaoa? Maybe Sopogaopoga? Could it be Soapaoagapogao?

Google search for his spelling takes the enormous time of.....20 seconds.

P.S. The better question is: Who is the weakest link on this board?
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 25, 2009 at 1:32 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone