There are 244 users in the forums

THIS MADE MY DAY!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fan49
  • Veteran
NAPA — Call off the Raiders' search for a top receiver: JaMarcus Russell apparently is very comfortable throwing to Nate Clements.

Oops, that does not qualify as anything close to good news for the Raiders, Russell and all Commitment to Excellence ancillary ventures.

Meanwhile, it was a trumpet-​blaring event for the 49ers' defense, which turned Wednesday morning's two-team practice into Godzilla vs. Bambi. And the 49ers' defenders, especially Clements, were definitely Godzilla.
Clements screamed it himself immediately after one of his three morning interceptions, "They can't compete with us!"

As the morning practice developed, it looked as if the Raiders' offensive players stopped They were demoralized. Drubbed. Tails between their legs. No fighting back, no touchdowns. No signs of life, with the regular season approaching fast.
Uh, oh!

Meanwhile, the 49ers' defenders whooped and bellowed, louder and louder with each of the five total turnovers. Suddenly, they're the 1985 Bears?
"We played at a level they couldn't match," Clements said later of the Raiders. "It was the best practice I've been a part of defensively."
By the end, the Raiders' practice site sounded like a small slice of Candlestick Park.

1st line is classic thanks Kawakami!!!!

HELL YEAH GO 9NERS!!!!
If nothing else has changed the attitude, preparation and energy of this team has improved by leaps and bounds. Love to see these guys acting the part.

-Faithful

P.S.- Hill will be named reg. season starter in a week or less
  • mod
  • Veteran
i as well
Godilla vs Bambi

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAKHAKJASkjhasfklhjasdfkahsefasdchAHHHN
got my attention, can't wait for saturday
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
If nothing else has changed the attitude, preparation and energy of this team has improved by leaps and bounds. Love to see these guys acting the part.

-Faithful

i really want smith to get the nod. for the upside. but either way we don't have any dynamic qb's, so its really up to the d, and gore. so..... go whichever qb starts!!!
[ Edited by fan49 on Aug 20, 2009 at 11:25 PM ]
I just read this along with watching the 49ers replay!!!! I cant wait to Sing and company to show the rest of the league who is boss!!!
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

-Faithful

i really want smith to get the nod. for the upside. but either way we don't have any dynamic qb's, so its really up to the d, and gore. so..... go whichever qb starts!!!

Smith has been outperformed by Hill on gameday, and now he's being outperformed during practice according to our beatwriters. I don't see why anyone would want the inferior QB to start for this team. Hill is not a great QB, but he is better than Smith and easily gives us the best chance to win.

Anyway.. Good quotes from the article. I hope the raiders first string offense gets embarrassed on Saturday.
Share 49ersWebzone