LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 282 users in the forums

Harris or Moore?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Harris or Moore?

I don’t think both of these players will make the team. Brooks seems to have the backup weak side OLB spot wrapped up. So assuming that the 49ers will pick one of these two as a back up to Lawson, which one will it be?

My vote is for Moore. I have heard more good things about him in camp, and I really haven’t heard anything positive about Harris. I know Moore has some injury problems (“some” may be a understatement), but my vote still goes to him.
  • mod
  • Veteran
In the last game moore seemed to be the only one getting some pressure on the QB, and even that is questionable.
I don't think I could decide until the end of preseason. Both have pros and cons: This is Harris' first year with us where Moore has 2 years under his belt. Moore is younger by a year but is far more injury prone. Harris has more experience and has 8 sacks in 4 years. Moore might have more upside but hasn't produced in the NFL where Harris has so right now I give the slight edge to Harris.
I would easily go with Jay Moore. He really impressed me in last week's performance, and has superior size to play as an every down LB. I suspect SF keeps 8 LBs at the very least... probably 9... so I think they both make it.

Manny Lawson - Jay Moore

Takeo Spikes - Scot McKillop

Patrick Willis - Jeff Ulbrich

Parys Haralson - Ahmad Brooks - Marques Harris

and Briggs... possibly Washington to the practice squad
Just based on what they have done the past two years I would have to go with Harris because he has stayed healthy and has some real time experience ----- that is if I had to choose right now. I would like to see the next couple of pre-season games and see if Moore shows something to get excited about.
[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Aug 20, 2009 at 1:22 PM ]
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I would easily go with Jay Moore. He really impressed me in last week's performance, and has superior size to play as an every down LB. I suspect SF keeps 8 LBs at the very least... probably 9... so I think they both make it.

Manny Lawson - Jay Moore

Takeo Spikes - Scot McKillop

Patrick Willis - Jeff Ulbrich

Parys Haralson - Ahmad Brooks - Marques Harris

and Briggs... possibly Washington to the practice squad

I, too, like J. Moore for his size, and was relatively impressed with his performance against Denver.

But I really like Marques Harris. Guy is not as big, but he's a stud. Saw him take on a double team by two Denver OL (or RT and TE) and he still made a tackle for a loss on the RB. Very impressed with him.

I think they both make the 53 man roster. They're both ST guys, and we just don't have enough at OLB to let anyone go. IMHO.

If one has to go, J. Moore does have some PS eligibility left.
Moore will go to the PS, his inability to stay healthy is a major concern and Harris has actual game experience. Moore needs to show he can stay healthy for 1 year before we give him a real roster spot.
Neither.... I predicit the team will sign or even maybe trade for a vetran pass rusher before the season. If they don't, than I think its a safe bet Harris makes it over Moore.
Travis LaBoy
Moore over Harris if you have to decide between the 2.

• cools
  • Veteran
Laboy is out this season with Injury, but i would like to have him on the team next year
Harris didn't look too bad last Friday, but I think Moore might have some more potential. In a squeaker, I'd go with Moore.
Harris.

I never liked Moore as an OLB, not even when he played at NE. I think he parlayed a few unblocked sacks in the senior bowl into a mini-career with us that will end in the next few weeks.
id take Harris, he knows the 3-4 from his days in SD, so id say keep Harris over Moore, who has been injured the past 2 yrs.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Harris, he has a little more experience. However overall our OLB's are very below average.
Share 49ersWebzone