LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

I think the Niners can emulate the Giants running attack.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Giants had three good runners that wore down defenses, potentially the Niners can impose their will on the defenses by wearing them down with three RB's.

Picture a double tight end set with Alex Boone of Bear Pascoe as the other blocking TE opposite VD. You have Gore, Coffee pounding the ball for the first half of the game. When the D is tired, you put in Sheets, and kaboom, long run, after long run.

When the D stacks the box, VD, Pascoe, Bruce, Morgan etc. can make them pay, pay pay.

I want to see time of possession in the Niners favor all season, and wins with a double digit margin of victory over the oppenents.

Is this realistic, I say YES!!!
lol
k im down i'll go for double-digit wins all the time

but can our O-Line do that?
Giants run blocking >>>>>> Niners run blocking.

The Giants have perhaps the best offensive line in the league. We are average at best.
If Gore runs behind Norris like he did before and we spell him with Sheets and Coffee our running attack will be dominate. The only thing that would prevent that from happening is the Defense not getting of the field.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

The Giants have perhaps the best offensive line in the league. We are average at best.

Details, details...

Originally posted by Overkill:

Details, details...

!!!!!!!! There is also the minor detail that two out of our three are completely untried.

So for now, I say no! I wish, but no.

Points of clarification, when I said winning by double digits, I meant final score with the niners winning by 10 or more points. I am tired of 1-3 point victories after getting 3 turn overs, like with Denver.

I also think that the Niners NEED the running game to work for the passing game to work. Rayes office dictates play action, the run sets up the pass, not the other way around.

I will remain overly optimistic. I think our O line is the best it has been in years.

Staley- First round pick, long term contract signed.
Baas- second round pick, final year of contract
Heitmann- 7th round pick
Rachal- 2nd round pick
Snyder- 3rd round pick, Back up Marvel Smith, past 1st rounder and pro bowler

So if the Niner O line fails it is because of coaching, not making the O line a priority.

Originally posted by lamontb:

X3
Gore may be able to emmulate Tiki Barber, but that's about it. Even then, Tiki was one DAMN good player who did it every single year during bad years and good.
I think our running game can be very dominating this season, just not sure as good as the Giants.
Originally posted by 9erred:
The Giants had three good runners that wore down defenses, potentially the Niners can impose their will on the defenses by wearing them down with three RB's.

Picture a double tight end set with Alex Boone of Bear Pascoe as the other blocking TE opposite VD. You have Gore, Coffee pounding the ball for the first half of the game. When the D is tired, you put in Sheets, and kaboom, long run, after long run.

When the D stacks the box, VD, Pascoe, Bruce, Morgan etc. can make them pay, pay pay.

I want to see time of possession in the Niners favor all season, and wins with a double digit margin of victory over the oppenents.

Is this realistic, I say YES!!!

Oh how the mighty 49ers have fallen!!! I remember when teams wanted to mimic the Bill Walsh Offense!!!! Now we are trying to be like other teams instead of having I own identity!!!!
we may be able to emulate the SF Giants running attack. Yeah I can agree with that
Share 49ersWebzone