There are 273 users in the forums

49ers sign William Rentmeester

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
49ers | Rentmeester signed
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Sun, 16 Aug 2009 16:09:53 -0700

CBSSports.com reports the San Francisco 49ers have signed free-agent FB William Rentmeester (Chargers). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

MM explains why Clayton was waived

49ers signed former Wisconsin FB Bill Rentmeester after he was waived by the Chargers. Here are his college stats.
Camp fodder.
Here's the official press release.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Superbowl here we come!
camp fodder or not, it's a little perplexing that we signed a fullback when we have Moran, Robinson, when he's healthy capable of playing the position, and a guy who just scored 2 impressive TD's (Miller?). Raises some questions.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Camp fodder.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
camp fodder or not, it's a little perplexing that we signed a fullback when we have Moran, Robinson, when he's healthy capable of playing the position, and a guy who just scored 2 impressive TD's (Miller?). Raises some questions.

i've never seen robinson do anything remotely close to showing he can play fullback effectively
Originally posted by RonMexico:

i've never seen robinson do anything remotely close to showing he can play fullback effectively

He can catch the ball effectively out of the backfield.....that's something.

The rest of the requirements for the position?.......Meh.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Aug 16, 2009 at 5:27 PM ]

Robinson has the physical and mental attributes to play the position and should he make the team, I think it'd be better to have him be a backup FB or HB than to waive one of our other RB prospects for him. He certainly can't be any worse than Keasy, and is equally valuable on special teams. And what's with Moran Norris? There's something going on there and maybe that's why we're looking at other fullbacks? I don't know, just guessing. He's missed alot of time for "personal reasons".

[ Edited by PatrickJira411 on Aug 16, 2009 at 5:33 PM ]
The Rent Meester...

Moran Norris may not be right and may not be right for a while? I think MRob will be out most of the pre-season. I would hope we do add another Running Back to eat up some carries in the pre-season games...
championship!
Originally posted by NinerGM:

uuuuuu got it.

I think we've called MR a "Fullback" for roster reasons before, but he's certainly nothing close to FB. My opinion? Robinson really isn't an impact player to me now that we've upgraded talent at RB. Sheets will be a much more effective 3rd down threat in space than Robinson will ever be.

but he's a special teams ace!
Share 49ersWebzone