LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Niner Talk on Chronicle Live after the break

Shop Find 49ers gear online
On CSN (California Sports Net) they will be talking to Kevin Lynch after the commercial break. Talking about P-Willy, Alex vs Shaun, Sing.
Alex is a great politician. Lynch thinks they hate each other. Says toughest part Nolan building Alex up too high and then leaving Alex high and dry.

Talk about Nolan bringing pressure against Alex in the preseason game, talking about Nolan's love of the 34 and the blitz.

Mentions that we might be prepared after all of the blitzing we have done.

Lynch thinks Shaun will be the starter on game one due to last year.

Adam Snyder vs Marvel Smith. Snyder finally has found a home, Marvel still hasn't got his legs under him. Snyder one of the surprises of the training camp.

Patrick's injury. Doesn't think they are hiding the injury, thinking they want to preserve him for the season.

Nothing new on Crabtree.
FYI there is Niner talk on Chronicle Live almost every day.
In studio follow up - Patrick still calling signals.

Shaun not disappointed that he hasn't been named QB yet, likes being the underdog.
They wonder if either guy is too nice to step up and take this thing.

Tim Kawakami still saying Jed and Scot want Alex to win this thing. That Sing wants a real gap between the two guys before making a decision.

Suggesting there is a divide between what ownership wants (Smith) and the coaches (Hill). Say that if Hill is the QB for 16 games this year the team will be looking for a new QB next year.

Crabtree talk, conspiracy theory that Crabs foot is still hurt and they don't want the other teams to know.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

Shaun not disappointed that he hasn't been named QB yet, likes being the underdog.

Tim Kawakami still saying Jed and Scot want Alex to win this thing. That Sing wants a real gap between the two guys before making a decision.

Suggesting there is a divide between what ownership wants (Smith) and the coaches (Hill). Say that if Hill is the QB for 16 games this year the team will be looking for a new QB next year.

Crabtree talk, conspiracy theory that Crabs foot is still hurt and they don't want the other teams to know.

So in other words, nothing new.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by global_nomad:
FYI there is Niner talk on Chronicle Live almost every day.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

So in other words, nothing new.

I would rather have him holding out because he wants more money

I guess Ninertalk is not the only place where guys try to pass of conjecture as fact.I agree that if Hill starts this year we have to draft another QB because Shaun is only a stop gap,not a long term answer.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I guess Ninertalk is not the only place where guys try to pass of conjecture as fact.I agree that if Hill starts this year we have to draft another QB because Shaun is only a stop gap,not a long term answer.

I think it all depends on how well Shaun were to play in that scenario. If Shaun plays well enough he could be the starter long enough for us to develop Nate Davis, which is why I think we drafted a QB in the middle rounds. I would think Scot would prefer to bring along our next QB a lot slower than Alex.
Share 49ersWebzone