There are 161 users in the forums

Niners on knbr right now

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by XaNaDu:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Jim Rome was talking about them this morning as well.

He said Singletary is not like any coach he's seen, talked him sending Smith to the top of the hill. RIPPED Vernon Davis for getting into a fight and then said that his teammates shouldn't mad at him because they ran because of it, making them better.

As long as the team wins nobody will question sing's ways.

Singletary wasn't being mean to #1 pick Smith, don't take it out of context. The team was being sloppy and Singletary said the next offensive player to turn to ball (any position) will sit out and run. And it just happened to be Smith.

Singletary was just following through on what was saying (demanding the team be better) and Smith was just in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Singletary would have been silly to play favorites to Smith after what he said. He did the right thing and didn't rip Alex or anything, just followed through on what he demanded.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Jed on at 2:30 TODAY

12 year old Jed

Have you noticed he is leaving his scruffy beard and a different do to make himself appear older??
Josh Morgan coming on soon, maybe before 2, maybe after.
Josh Morgan coming on soon, maybe before 2, maybe after.

on now

He said Singletary is not like any coach he's seen, talked him sending Smith to the top of the hill. RIPPED Vernon Davis for getting into a fight and then said that his teammates shouldn't mad at him because they ran because of it, making them better.

Singletary wasn't being mean to #1 pick Smith, don't take it out of context. The team was being sloppy and Singletary said the next offensive player to turn to ball (any position) will sit out and run. And it just happened to be Smith.

Singletary was just following through on what was saying (demanding the team be better) and Smith was just in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Singletary would have been silly to play favorites to Smith after what he said. He did the right thing and didn't rip Alex or anything, just followed through on what he demanded.

This. And both player and coach understood it for what it was, from what it sounds like. Also, you have to like the fact that several teammates joined AS on the hill. We know that S. Hill is a leader. Perhaps AS is getting there, too. Perhaps.
"I would like to get after the (opposing) QB, and take his head off, ahhh I hope I don't get a fine for that." -Manusky

Way to cover your ass on live radio Greg.
LB Takeo Spikes Interview on KNBR (08/11/09)

I love this interview! It gets me so pumped up!!! And just listen to what he has to say about guys like DE Kentwan Balmer and LB Parys Haralson.

Originally posted by PTulini:
LB Takeo Spikes Interview on KNBR (08/11/09) I love this interview! It gets me so pumped up!!! And just listen to what he has to say about guys like DE Kentwan Balmer and LB Parys Haralson.

summary? i cant listen to it on my phone and no home internet right now.
  • XaNaDu
  • Info N/A

I didn't think he was faulting singletary's coaching style. I was referring to people around the league n some fans that are already shooting down his coaching style just because it's different.

I didn't think he was faulting singletary's coaching style. I was referring to people around the league n some fans that are already shooting down his coaching style just because it's effective.

fixed

I thought Jed actually sounded pretty football savy. Originally thought he may be to young but he sounded like he was in it full hearted.

I love this interview! It gets me so pumped up!!! And just listen to what he has to say about guys like DE Kentwan Balmer and LB Parys Haralson.

"I like this kinda party!!!" that interview was dope. Takeo was a great pick up for us.
  • cools
  • Veteran
That was a great 3 hours of Radio today with Fitz and Brooks at Niner HQ,
the Spikes interview was awesome,
if you didnt get a chance to hear it, be sure you listen to it, one of the best Niner interviews ive listend to, Jed was real good also
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

"I like this kinda party!!!" that interview was dope. Takeo was a great pick up for us.

Great interview!
Adam Snyder coming on next with Gary.
Share 49ersWebzone