LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

OK, where's it at today?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

OK, where's it at today?

Hill fan, 100%. As of today, where do you guys stand.

I know this isn't a new topic, but I did want to gauge where the fan base stands right now.
lol
This will be locked, you know.
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
You know what. Honestly I have been a HUGE supporter of Smith from the beginning. He was constantly thrown under the bus and I always believed and still believe that his true raw and unexposed talent would never be exposed till he won a starting spot on another team, which is my worst fear. The past is the PAST. I am just stoked to have two QB's looking solid. Yeah I know it's just practice. It will play out in the preseason and then transition into the regular season. I just am going to put my ego aside and say let the best man win and hopefully he will produce some wins. I am once again putting my faith in the coach.. Let this be known as the beginning. Who ever starts, as the end of an old era and the birth of something great. No stone left unturned and no questions asked.
I like Smith.. BUT

I think you start with Hill. He earned it last year and if he does have "it" then let him go. If you start Smith, I think it is hard to go to Hill later. If you start Hill, I think Smith would have already accepted it and will be more ready to be a backup and go in later in the season.
they both sucks !
I'll take Hill over Smith until Hill does something to lose the job he should have earned with his play last season. I have no problems with Alex Smith if you take all the excuses for him out of the picture. Alex has more upside and we've certainly invested a lot more in him over the years, he looks like the better QB on the practice field but can't make the proper decisions on gameday. I wouldn't mind seeing him succeed with our team, but the fact of the matter is Hill has already succeeded with our team more than Smith ever has and should be given his chance to start until he does something to mess that up - which he has yet to do.

Everyone doubts Hill all the time and thinks we should start with somebody else but if we had started with Hill last season we likely would have won at least 2 more games that JTO's turnovers cost us. Hill is always the underdog and people never learn until it's too late.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
This will be locked, you know.

Probably, but I did think I could see some votes before that
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Why is there not an Official Bromance thread for each of them like last year?
Smith creates a turnover and Sing banishes from Practice and "Shaun Hill opened the afternoon with 12 consecutive completions. He finished the day with 19 completions in 23 pass attempts." but all the insiders say Smith is on track to win the starting job.

I just don't get it. Unless all of Hill's completions are dump offs or 5 yard routes Can anyone explain this to me.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/08/day-10-practice-18-smith-banished-to-hill.html

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb