There are 190 users in the forums

When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Michael Crabtree be signed?

Crabtree needs to b***hslap his loudmouth cousin.
I already reminded him of AP vrs Willis. He just is trying to say that we need somebody with Superstar potential and he thinks Crabtree is that. He said it's not fair that Crabtree fell to number 10. I said, hell life's not fair. 9 other teams passed so deal with it Crabtree.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Regardless of what his agent says, these statements don't just come out of nowhere. I seriously doubt the cousin just reached into a hat or magically pulled this idea out of thin air. Obviously someone was talking about it somewhere.

Oh well, I hope he has fun sitting out the year...doing nothing. I mean, it worked out so well for Mike Williams and Maurice Clarrett, right? And hope he has fun trying to convince his new team that he should be getting "top 5 money"...after being drafted halfway into the 2nd round...

I sure hope that you don't seriously think that it is likely that either side wants to let this get that far. It will get done. Parker and the team will find some middle ground.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Crabtree needs to b***hslap his loudmouth cousin.

I know right? And whats this "we" crap? Dude, get a life you bum, and go make your own $$$, instead of choosing to live off your cousin. Fuking Idiot!! Some people are so dumb.
Crabtree's family seem like a bunch of gold diggers.
Originally posted by Reckless:
I have been very low key on this. But am I the only one seeing this as a soap opera and not really having any effect on the current roster? We are in the position to add..not lose.

Bruce, Morgan, Hill. I'll take it.

dont forget Jones, who has had a great TC so far
Originally posted by Reckless:
Look you can't put this all on Crabtree..You have to understand agents and the motives to have a player feel like they are being disrespected, low-balled, etc.

i think its more that his family is giving him bad advice and trying to get him to get more money from the 9ers so they can get more money from him. and hes loyal to them because theyve been spoilng him and stroking his ego since hes been 15 so of course hes going to listen to them. im starting to think his agents not the guy we should blame as much now.
Let's get real about this...
There isn't a chance in Hell that 'Tree doesn't sign with the 49er's this season. Parker is no dummy and understands that having his client sit out the 2009 season (which is not an option in either Parker's or Crabtree's mind) would be career and financial suicide. It's the traditional agent playing hardball and it's getting worse each season for these unproven and naive rookies.

This Wells character is just a Crabtree family member - claiming to be an advisor to his cousin - looking for publicity and a cut from 'Tree's future earnings. I don't believe that his baseless rants and raves are worth any of the 'zoner's time and key strokes.

With that said, I believe that Crabtree inks a deal just before next weeks pre-season opener vs. Denver.
Holy crap.

Crabtree's cousin/adviser was pacman's former bodyguard?

I wonder if he "advised" pacman as well.

Crabtree needs to put a muzzle on this moron asap.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Crabtree's family seem like a bunch of gold diggers.

To be honest i dont blame them...if I had a son who became one of the best players in college football and was now about to make $20 million, i would be kind of greedy too...

Dont get me wrong....Crabtree and his people are retarded for holding out...right now they care more about the money he's going to make rather than his football career..if Crabtree was smart he would tell his agent and family 'screw the money, i wanna play football'

Wow, glad he denied it! Was thinkin ya gotta be f**kin kiddin me! Holdin out, re enter the draft, what a greedy dousch lol. Well he denied it. He knows he has talent, take the money offered! If he is confident in his skills and work habit he knows he will be successful, therefore get a huge contract 2nd time around. Lol like 20 mil rook signing is chump change? Wtf
Crabtree come on man sign up! Show your love of the game
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
People need to chill out. It's second week of the TC...pre-season hasn't even started.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Sadly I think he signs right before the start of the season which kills his rookie season. Both sides are too stubborn to reach a compromise.
Barrows:

Q: Is your goal to be on time for training camp?
MC: Oh yeah. No doubt.

-9fA
I would think that such a move would HURT his draft stock. For one, he wouldn't have played for a year. Two, what team would want to draft a player that would sit out an ENTIRE season?
Share 49ersWebzone