There are 154 users in the forums

espn's 49ers training camp observations

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MNNinerFan:
Originally posted by wailers15:
You just got to love Singletary!

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcwest/0-9-513/-Nutcracker--drills-define-49ers--Camp-Singletary.html

Great article, that's 2 days of some good smash mouth hitting! I love it that's exactly what our boys needed. They got a taste of it in the off season, but now it's game time! you can tell right off the bat our guys are bought into his system, and "BELIEVE". I ain't wetting the bed but we should have one hell of a competitive team week in week out.

I'm sick & tired of this crabtree watch crap, and glad to see morgan & jones off to a good start.

great quote: "Singletary stood to the side, challenging players to do better and calling them out if they appeared to accept defeat"

Until Gore or Willis shreds their ACL. Then everyone who is all hyped up will say our rookie coach doesn't know what he is doing

That is like me saying until you get hit by a car I'll think you're very negative.

[ Edited by KasparHauser on Aug 4, 2009 at 15:54:25 ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Lawson's looking good and Vernon seems to be catching like a normal TE.

This is what I wanna hear!

I edited the original posters comment on Vernon.

Ya forgot to mention his freakish speed lol!
Lol

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcwest/0-9-513/-Nutcracker--drills-define-49ers--Camp-Singletary.html

Great article, that's 2 days of some good smash mouth hitting! I love it that's exactly what our boys needed. They got a taste of it in the off season, but now it's game time! you can tell right off the bat our guys are bought into his system, and "BELIEVE". I ain't wetting the bed but we should have one hell of a competitive team week in week out.

I'm sick & tired of this crabtree watch crap, and glad to see morgan & jones off to a good start.

great quote: "Singletary stood to the side, challenging players to do better and calling them out if they appeared to accept defeat"

Until Gore or Willis shreds their ACL. Then everyone who is all hyped up will say our rookie coach doesn't know what he is doing

Ya didn't Harris tear his ACL in the Nutcracker.

Oh, wait no he didn't. It was supposed to be a non-contact practice and he got tangled up. Football is a contact sport and there are going to be some injuries. Or maybe we can have them stop tackling each other and only allow two hand touch
s**t chilo rachal was carried of in a cart hope hes okay
in other news ESPN is biased as hell
  • AER49
  • Info N/A
"The 49ers' practices are dramatically more physical than the ones I saw in Arizona as training camps open. San Francisco might be paying the price, too, with both starting guards suffering injuries in the first five days of camp. Injuries happen and it's misleading to suggest the 49ers would have avoided them by taking another approach. But the situation bears monitoring as camp continues."

i do like the fact that the intensity has been ratcheted up since singletary has become the hc, but is anyone else worried about injuries or burnout as a result? i mean it's all good until a davis or gore gets hurt.
Originally posted by KasparHauser:

That is like me saying until you get hit by a car I'll think you're very negative.

2 guards already hurt. I guess I'll take your rainbows and sunshine approach and assume they are too weak to play for the Niners this year
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by DANADA:
Originally posted by billybonka:
Originally posted by jon_aztecs12:
it does not look good for Alex Boone
yeah

you also said "SIGN VICK ALREADY"

burn

Burn vick? I Agree

I don't agree.

Now while I do not believe that he should EVER be allowed to own another animal so long as he lives, he did his time for his crime.

I also believe that he needs to spend time away from the NFL and go through some serious counseling.

But otherwise I won't hold any animosity toward the man.

"Let those without sin cast the first stone"

That's all that I need to say about this.

~Ceadder

So the one with out sin burns vick? So ya aint the ONE eh ceadder!? Lol

What would keanu reeves do at a time like this?

Oh s**t man what would brian boytonno do?

Seriously tho, we don't need vick! Vick will land with a team! Will he ever be a starting qb I dunno, will he ever be a passing qb? Well eventually randal cunningham was, but he was a better qb then vick? I dunno man!

Oh man that is baaaaaaaaaaaaaad frankie.

I don't see any teams taking a flier on him. I just think that he's done his time and should be allowed to try again at life without people on his ass for the mistakes he made in the past.

I honestly do not see Goodell allowing him to play in a single game this season as it is, based on the mistakes he made on the field with the Falcan'ts. You cannot flip fans off, for one thing.

Then the fact of the matter is he did have a substance abuse problem. Not as bad as Ricky Williams, but enough to get popped throwing away a water bottle with a secret compartment because he didn't want to get popped trying to bring it onboard the plane.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by DANADA:
Originally posted by billybonka:
Originally posted by jon_aztecs12:
it does not look good for Alex Boone
yeah

you also said "SIGN VICK ALREADY"

burn

Burn vick? I Agree

I don't agree.

Now while I do not believe that he should EVER be allowed to own another animal so long as he lives, he did his time for his crime.

I also believe that he needs to spend time away from the NFL and go through some serious counseling.

But otherwise I won't hold any animosity toward the man.

"Let those without sin cast the first stone"

That's all that I need to say about this.

~Ceadder

So the one with out sin burns vick? So ya aint the ONE eh ceadder!? Lol

What would keanu reeves do at a time like this?

Oh s**t man what would brian boytonno do?

Seriously tho, we don't need vick! Vick will land with a team! Will he ever be a starting qb I dunno, will he ever be a passing qb? Well eventually randal cunningham was, but he was a better qb then vick? I dunno man!

Oh man that is baaaaaaaaaaaaaad frankie.

I don't see any teams taking a flier on him. I just think that he's done his time and should be allowed to try again at life without people on his ass for the mistakes he made in the past.

I honestly do not see Goodell allowing him to play in a single game this season as it is, based on the mistakes he made on the field with the Falcan'ts. You cannot flip fans off, for one thing.

Then the fact of the matter is he did have a substance abuse problem. Not as bad as Ricky Williams, but enough to get popped throwing away a water bottle with a secret compartment because he didn't want to get popped trying to bring it onboard the plane.

~Ceadder

Lol yeah it was a lil bad I admit it! All in fun tho ha

Yeah I aint to sure who would take a chance on em! Id say prob the dolphins if anyone. The scrutiny it would cause with animal rights activists will be heavy for which ever team takes im imo
Could be wrong tho

And ya could very well be right bout goodell as well not allowing em back
Share 49ersWebzone