There are 146 users in the forums

Blossoming Draft Picks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Crazy4Niners:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
I think Scot and Nolan drafted fine (besides taking Smith over Rodgers). It's how our talent has been utilized under Nolan is what pissed me off.

I think taking Davis over Ngata was a bigger miss than Smith over Rodgers.

That was a very big miss i'm sure alot of people forgot about. He would have been great in front of Willis, like he has Ray Lewis

Yeah...sure...Ngata was a BIG MISS...

That's why he hasnt been able to start at NT on the team that drafted him to do just that.

We all seem to forget about Kelly Gregg so easily. If Ngata was such a game changer...then why hasnt he been able to beat out Gregg for that exact role/responsibility???

Dont get me wrong...I think Ngata is a great talent. But if you're going to frown upon a pick/non-pick...then at least have the guy you're fretting about not getting be dominant at the position. He isnt even playing the NT spot where he is...how can he be such a difference in that regard?
I remember Mankins being rated higher than Baas. I wanted the Niners to take Mankins and then was disappointed when the stupid patriots took him.

Baas has been a disappointment so far. As a 2nd round O lineman, he should have started as a rookie or at least by his 2nd year. He wasn't a consistent starter until his 4th season!!!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by reasonable1:
I think Scot and Nolan drafted fine (besides taking Smith over Rodgers). It's how our talent has been utilized under Nolan is what pissed me off.

That was a very big miss i'm sure alot of people forgot about. He would have been great in front of Willis, like he has Ray Lewis

That's why he hasnt been able to start at NT on the team that drafted him to do just that.

We all seem to forget about Kelly Gregg so easily. If Ngata was such a game changer...then why hasnt he been able to beat out Gregg for that exact role/responsibility???

Dont get me wrong...I think Ngata is a great talent. But if you're going to frown upon a pick/non-pick...then at least have the guy you're fretting about not getting be dominant at the position. He isnt even playing the NT spot where he is...how can he be such a difference in that regard?

For one Gregg is a beast. two Ngata has started every game he's been in the league. http://www.nfl.com/players/halotingata/profile?id=NGA622937
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Scot has a mixed record. He's hit on some later rounders, but missed badly on many first and early second day picks.

So far, Reggie Smith is a joke. I don't understand why you put him with these guys.

Rachal was not a lower round pick. He was a second rounder.

well played mad dog! Smith has shown nothing. plus we missed out on desean jackson last year.
Originally posted by krizay:

For one Gregg is a beast. two Ngata has started every game he's been in the league. http://www.nfl.com/players/halotingata/profile?id=NGA622937

Yeah, weren't they playing a 4-6 and Ngata played next to Gregg? I know Ray Lewis pushed HARD for him b/c he knows his game is very dependent upon a dominant line in front of him.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by krizay:

Yeah, weren't they playing a 4-6 and Ngata played next to Gregg? I know Ray Lewis pushed HARD for him b/c he knows his game is very dependent upon a dominant line in front of him.

I thought he had been starting the whole time
He missed on more picks than he hit on. Those are the only ones who are moderately good finds. Some of them in mid to later rounds.

He and NoWin are the reason why we stay 7 - 9, 6 - 10, 4 - 12 and 2 - 14 or however the records come out year after year for greater than half a decade. We are in no mans land and continue to stay there.

We need a new front office period.

well....if we would've taken aaron instead of alex....i recalled during draft day aaron dropped into the 20s in the 1st rd...chances r alex (they said during draft day) would've never dropped that far in the 1st rd....

but there r the PROs and then there r the CONs...

door swings both ways!!
Share 49ersWebzone