LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

Montana Magic

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I found these and thought to share. I haven't seen them before. Damn, the man is seriously a legend. Enjoy!!

Go 49ers!
Awesome bro, Thanks!
What great memories! Thanks. We forget that Montana was also a very good scrambler/running QB. One could go on and on about his pocket presence, escapability, accuracy, touch and vision, etc., etc. He truly had it all, even an underrated arm. It was also great watching our heroes of old like Solomon, Cooper, Taylor, Clark ( no need to mention Rice; that goes without saying), and that fantastic, under-sized offensive line. I was also reminded of what a great receiver Clark was and how strong and deceptively fast he was. Everyone, incl Clark himself, used to call him slow, but that really wasn't the case, unless of course, you were comparing him to Solomon or Rice. Thanks again.
really depresses me. sometimes you forget how beautiful the game can be watching this crap the last 7 years
him in that Chiefs uniform playing against us makes me sad
Awsome videos but what I wanna know is how he got all that footage in high quality.
Wow I didn't grow up watching Montana cause I am too young but he is simply amazing. In my opinion there is no doubt that he has been the best QB ever. Also great quality! best quality vids of Montana I have seen! Thanks for sharing.
Originally posted by joefosho:
really depresses me. sometimes you forget how beautiful the game can be watching this crap the last 7 years

watching those passes was incredible. like... even watching the o-line or JR run down the field blocking for Taylor made me miss watching a team that was even half that good. i mean even with Jeff Garcia we were contenders and we could go into over half the games as favorites. But it's truly amazing -- Joe made the throws, especially deep ones, look so easy and gentle at the release but were rockets of perfect accuracy.

thank you for posting this!
What can you say? Joe was simply the best!!
When I saw these babies, I was in a funk of all the crap spewed over our QB situation where I just wanted to go back and share the wonderful memories we all cherish holding dear to our hearts the love we had for #16. I still get chills seeing these igniting that passion that drove us to always say, "It's not over..."

Seriously, all I want is some assembelence of unity toward our QBs, team, and HC. I am a die hard fan as with all of you. These precious moments captured in time can never be taken away from us, the 49ers!

We live and breathe Red and Gold!

Man, weren't we lucky to have him on our team?

• Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luis1985:
Wow I didn't grow up watching Montana cause I am too young but he is simply amazing. In my opinion there is no doubt that he has been the best QB ever. Also great quality! best quality vids of Montana I have seen! Thanks for sharing.

The greatest thing you missed about Joe Cool was his comebacks. You would be frustrated and mad because the 49ers were getting killed and then Joe and the defense would always have these great comebacks. Those great memories is what joe was all about!
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
After seeing Joe and Steve play, everything else is pretty much slop. It was like ballet. We have been so uncoordinated.
Wow, just awesome... This is such high rez vid, whoever did this is fabulous. To think I was in the Stick for almost every game he played, and I still can't believe the quality of play. It's as some say here, "and to think,what we have been reduced to watching the last 7 years.."

I'm not even gonna watch the Chiefs thing. Doesn't that Crimson & Gold look just great!!

NINERS!!!

Anyone remember the Championship game @ The Stick before the NO SB (which I was at), but anyone remember the play on the Rams wideout by Lott from accross the field that set the tone for the entire game? He shut down a sure TD by Everett to who was it(?), I think the phantom sack was in that game too?

Made my morning to see these!!

NINERS!!!
Just mesmerized by his play. Man, even with KC (yes, I had to watch that last video), I couldn't help but think, "Wow...even at age 37 and 38, he still had it."

It's a moot point now with Steve winning Super Bowl XXIX, but I often wondered what would've happened if the organization had traded Steve away and kept Joe.

Ahhh, probably shouldn't go there.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Wow, just awesome... This is such high rez vid, whoever did this is fabulous. To think I was in the Stick for almost every game he played, and I still can't believe the quality of play. It's as some say here, "and to think,what we have been reduced to watching the last 7 years.."

I'm not even gonna watch the Chiefs thing. Doesn't that Crimson & Gold look just great!!

NINERS!!!

Anyone remember the Championship game @ The Stick before the NO SB (which I was at), but anyone remember the play on the Rams wideout by Lott from accross the field that set the tone for the entire game? He shut down a sure TD by Everett to who was it(?), I think the phantom sack was in that game too?

Made my morning to see these!!

NINERS!!!

It was Flipper Anderson, (@5:46) and it was the "Phantom sack" game.

Share 49ersWebzone