There are 186 users in the forums

Who will be our leader in TDs? (excluding QBs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will be our leader in TDs? (excluding QBs)

I think this is a good question because look at the stats.. Gore doesn't really get a lot of TDs. Davis has yet to breakout. Morgan- This could be his year, but just because he gets the yards, it doesn't mean he will get the TDs. Also, I think Crabtree will be used mainly as a 3rd WR behind Bruce and Morgan (for this year only).. does that mean he would get enough targets in the red zone to get the most TDs? I'm thinking it's either Bruce or Coffee. I think Coffee will get a lot of goaline carries. What do you guys think?
[ Edited by BurritoSmuggler on Jul 14, 2009 at 10:41 AM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
personally I gotta go with gore

but why is Willis on this list?
Originally posted by Tman:

As a joke. I put him on my other list for yards as in INT for TDs. So I put him on here for INT and Fumbles for TDs. It was just a joke because he's so good.
Considering that Gore has never really been that great around the goal line, Coffee seems like a strong runner, and Singletary wants to be a strong running team, I'm gonna go with Coffee.
this guy...
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:
Considering that Gore has never really been that great around the goal line, Coffee seems like a strong runner, and Singletary wants to be a strong running team, I'm gonna go with Coffee.

You think he is gonna have the most TDs on the team?
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
this guy...

In all honesty, as much i love morgan, i think you guys have way too high of expectations for him this year.
I am hoping that it is Davis,I think if we used him close to the goal line on short outs and crossing routes he will look better than running seam patterns like he did most of last year.Crabtree is a ballhawk though,so if he earns his way onto the playing field,I am pretty sure he will score a few TD's.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
I voted Morgan because I think he will be the team's #1 option around the goal line.
I would still have to say Gore. With Norris back in the picture Gore will be a monster this year.
[ Edited by 49wyztoscore on Jul 14, 2009 at 2:11 PM ]

Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:

You think he is gonna have the most TDs on the team?

I'm not absolutely sure, but this is how I came to my conclusion:

- run oriented offense
- young (inexperienced) receivers (not counting Bruce, but he surely isn't good for more than 6-8 td's)
- Gores best season was 9 td's (rushing/receiving) in 2006 which ain't sh*t.
- as I stated earlier, Gore has never been great around the goal line
- If not the 2 of them, then maybe Davis, but as much time as he spends blocking, I don't think he'll have enough opportunities.

Sorry brotha, just my opinion.
I voted gore but if coffee was on the list i mightve gone with him.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I voted gore but if coffee was on the list i mightve gone with him.

Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
Gore doesn't really get a lot of TDs.

That's because Gore hasn't been given a chance to get a lot of TDs. When we had a serious rushing attack, Gore was having issues holding onto the ball so they removed him during goalline situations. He's corrected that problem, but has had the likes of Hostler and Martz calling plays since then. Hostler was clueless and Martz would much rather pass, so that didn't help Gore at all. If Raye's system is as close to Norv Turner's as everyone says it is, look for Gore to be in double-digit TDs since he doesn't have the fumble issues anymore.
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
Originally posted by Tman:

As a joke. I put him on my other list for yards as in INT for TDs. So I put him on here for INT and Fumbles for TDs. It was just a joke because he's so good.

He's not so good at causing turnovers. Not yet, at least.
Share 49ersWebzone