LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

2009 49ers acccording to Football Outsiders...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by singfan:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Sabrason:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Sabrason

(1) You're just scared to put some faith in our 9ers, for fear that your little heart will be broken.

(2) You have an undisclosed bias of Mike Singletary... personally.

(3) You enjoy going against the grain just to elicit reactions from others.

(4) You enjoy going against the grain because yelling " I told you so " is more important to your e-ego than simply putting some trust in a conclusion that you couldn't possibly know with any certainty.

Either way, the fact that you are here so much and state the same things so often is puzzling. Have you nothing better to do and nowhere better to go? ( since you are so sure that SF is in for a wasted season )

It's no wonder why the "but I hope I'm wrong" caveats at the end of some posts from "The SS" (Sabrason and singfan) ring hollow.

It only rings hollow to you because you have been programmed to believe that you must be a homer to be a fan. Let me tell you this right now; the real world isn't made up of over the top homers. That kind of stuff only takes place on here. The real world is filled with highly knowledgeable fans like myself and Sabrason that are not afraid to question the seemingly abominable decisions made by their favorite organization. The real world is made up of fans that make you earn their trust. We are the fans that will decide whether or not Sing will be accepted. The organization knows that they have you guys in their back pocket. It doesn't matter what they do. You guys will accept it. On the other hand, if we give a thumbs up to Sing, then it's legit, and can be celebrated by all.

Exactly, with these guys if you're not an over-the-top homer than you're a "hater" or "troll." That's the only way they see the fan base -- there is no middle ground at all. While the vast majority of the fan base (i.e those fans OUTSIDE the 'Zone) is probably hopeful that MS does well, they do not share the same blind optimism and perpetual support of MS that the homers in here do.

They are far too knowledgable and realistic to ever accept MS based on the decision of the infamous and dysfunctional ownership and a mediocre performance as interim HC for half a season. Guys like Ralph on KNBR get high ratings for a reason and it's certainly not b/c the Webzone "homers" are listening - they can't stand his realistic and objective viewpoint b/c it doesn't kiss the $$$ of anything and everything the organization does. Despite the bashing of Ralph after his excellent Jed interview by the homers in here, after listening to him for the first time it made sense to me why he rakes in those ratings.

Yeah, the organization definitely looovess these homers...there's no pressure on them to do anything different or get better b/c these guys are at least "ok" with whatever they do, mediocrity, doesn't matter. Jed could hire a baseball manager for HC and these homers would come up with reasons why it's good decision and support it.

This is a trip.

The disconnect here is total when you equate the willingness of 49er fans to give Singletary the benefit of the doubt as blind homerism for Sing as well as every move made by the organization. Is that how it is in the real world? Is it middle ground to throw a negtative spin on practically EVERY move made by a coach who's only apparent crimes are a 5-4 record, that he's a former Chicago Bear and his last name isn't Holmgren or Shannahan?

And what makes you two think that 49er fans outside the Webzone are so much different than those that come here? Did you two take a survey? It's an unprovable fantasy. I know of no other Niner fan (including family, friends, co-workers, clients, etc.) who think of Singletary in such consistently negative terms. Not even close.

BTW, Ralph Barbieri (who I listen to practically every day) was Hoovering Nolan for the better part of 2-1/2 years before finally jumping off the Rollin w/ Nolan bandwagon late in 2007. He's definitely not 100% sold on Singletary but seems willing to wait and see. Also, Kawakami stood in for Tolbert today and they talked 49ers with Maiocco . . .

Part 1

Part 2

. . . and they **gasp** didn't speak in 100% glowing terms about Singletary . . . and I didn't really disagree . . . ooohhhh . . . crazy.

What bugs the hell out of me is that I want to see the Niners succeed under Singletary simply to prove you two wrong nearly as much as to revive playoff caliber football. I hate that.

Ultimately this is all horsesheet. Wins will decide Singletary's fate. Period.

What I learned from listening, and reading between the lines, was that Paraag will apparently be playing a bigger role in game management. That is another strike against Sing. Why hire another guy that can't manage the clock? Seriously, Sing doesn't coordinate and he doesn't manage the game. WTF are we doing here? Having him stare into the eyes of players to see if they are properly motivated? I type in stunned disbelief.

Dear Singfan and Sabrason, all you two do is bring up vague references to facts that you actually never state. You also make not-so-vague references to you being somehow smarter or more superior to the rest of us fans because you pay attention more than any of us do. Obviously you are entitled to your own opinion, but I challenge you in the future to back your assertions with facts, actual links to stats or the stats themselves.

BTW - Football Outsiders picked the Falcons to win 3 games last year, and they picked the Seahawks to win 11.5, or 12. I wonder how many games they picked the Dolphins to win....?
[ Edited by KasparHauser on Jul 22, 2009 at 2:17 PM ]
Originally posted by KasparHauser:
Sabrason

(1) You're just scared to put some faith in our 9ers, for fear that your little heart will be broken.

(4) You enjoy going against the grain because yelling " I told you so " is more important to your e-ego than simply putting some trust in a conclusion that you couldn't possibly know with any certainty.

Either way, the fact that you are here so much and state the same things so often is puzzling. Have you nothing better to do and nowhere better to go? ( since you are so sure that SF is in for a wasted season )

It's no wonder why the "but I hope I'm wrong" caveats at the end of some posts from "The SS" (Sabrason and singfan) ring hollow.

It only rings hollow to you because you have been programmed to believe that you must be a homer to be a fan. Let me tell you this right now; the real world isn't made up of over the top homers. That kind of stuff only takes place on here. The real world is filled with highly knowledgeable fans like myself and Sabrason that are not afraid to question the seemingly abominable decisions made by their favorite organization. The real world is made up of fans that make you earn their trust. We are the fans that will decide whether or not Sing will be accepted. The organization knows that they have you guys in their back pocket. It doesn't matter what they do. You guys will accept it. On the other hand, if we give a thumbs up to Sing, then it's legit, and can be celebrated by all.

Exactly, with these guys if you're not an over-the-top homer than you're a "hater" or "troll." That's the only way they see the fan base -- there is no middle ground at all. While the vast majority of the fan base (i.e those fans OUTSIDE the 'Zone) is probably hopeful that MS does well, they do not share the same blind optimism and perpetual support of MS that the homers in here do.

They are far too knowledgable and realistic to ever accept MS based on the decision of the infamous and dysfunctional ownership and a mediocre performance as interim HC for half a season. Guys like Ralph on KNBR get high ratings for a reason and it's certainly not b/c the Webzone "homers" are listening - they can't stand his realistic and objective viewpoint b/c it doesn't kiss the $$$ of anything and everything the organization does. Despite the bashing of Ralph after his excellent Jed interview by the homers in here, after listening to him for the first time it made sense to me why he rakes in those ratings.

Yeah, the organization definitely looovess these homers...there's no pressure on them to do anything different or get better b/c these guys are at least "ok" with whatever they do, mediocrity, doesn't matter. Jed could hire a baseball manager for HC and these homers would come up with reasons why it's good decision and support it.

This is a trip.

The disconnect here is total when you equate the willingness of 49er fans to give Singletary the benefit of the doubt as blind homerism for Sing as well as every move made by the organization. Is that how it is in the real world? Is it middle ground to throw a negtative spin on practically EVERY move made by a coach who's only apparent crimes are a 5-4 record, that he's a former Chicago Bear and his last name isn't Holmgren or Shannahan?

And what makes you two think that 49er fans outside the Webzone are so much different than those that come here? Did you two take a survey? It's an unprovable fantasy. I know of no other Niner fan (including family, friends, co-workers, clients, etc.) who think of Singletary in such consistently negative terms. Not even close.

BTW, Ralph Barbieri (who I listen to practically every day) was Hoovering Nolan for the better part of 2-1/2 years before finally jumping off the Rollin w/ Nolan bandwagon late in 2007. He's definitely not 100% sold on Singletary but seems willing to wait and see. Also, Kawakami stood in for Tolbert today and they talked 49ers with Maiocco . . .

Part 1

Part 2

. . . and they **gasp** didn't speak in 100% glowing terms about Singletary . . . and I didn't really disagree . . . ooohhhh . . . crazy.

What bugs the hell out of me is that I want to see the Niners succeed under Singletary simply to prove you two wrong nearly as much as to revive playoff caliber football. I hate that.

What I learned from listening, and reading between the lines, was that Paraag will apparently be playing a bigger role in game management. That is another strike against Sing. Why hire another guy that can't manage the clock? Seriously, Sing doesn't coordinate and he doesn't manage the game. WTF are we doing here? Having him stare into the eyes of players to see if they are properly motivated? I type in stunned disbelief.

Dear Singfan and Sabrason, all you two do is bring up vague references to facts that you actually never state. You also make not-so-vague references to you being somehow smarter or more superior to the rest of us fans because you pay attention more than any of us do. Obviously you are entitled to your own opinion, but I challenge you in the future to back your assertions with facts, actual links to stats or the stats themselves.

BTW - Football Outsiders picked the Falcons to win 3 games last year, and they picked the Seahawks to win 11.5, or 12. I wonder how many games they picked the Dolphins to win....?

Did you not listen? The links are right there.
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by KasparHauser:
Sabrason

This is a trip.

Part 1

Part 2

Did you not listen? The links are right there.

Hahahah....holy crap - you are a total troll! I've alway assumed you to be some 48 yo deck builder from Modesto, but no, you are some mysterious troll. You could even be Hawks/Cardinal fan coming here to terrorize us with your factless jibber jabber! Damnit.
SNF quote: This is a trip.The disconnect here is total when you equate the willingness of 49er fans to give Singletary the benefit of the doubt as blind homerism for Sing as well as every move made by the organization. Is that how it is in the real world? Is it middle ground to throw a negtative spin on practically EVERY move made by a coach who's only apparent crimes are a 5-4 record, that he's a former Chicago Bear and his last name isn't Holmgren or Shannahan?

You think that's the only reasons we don't like MS as HC?? You apparently have missed many of our posts citing numerous legitimate reasons for our opinion, at one time, even listing nearly 20 reasons why he has no business being a HC. Look it up.

SNF quote: . . . and they **gasp** didn't speak in 100% glowing terms about Singletary . . . and I didn't really disagree . . . ooohhhh . . . crazy.

Oh, do tell us what portion of their comments you agreed with. I would love to see you put some criticism of MS into typed words. Can't wait!! That could be the beginning of your "dehomerization."

SNF quote: What bugs the hell out of me is that I want to see the Niners succeed [u]under Singletary simply to prove you two wrong nearly as much as to revive playoff caliber football. I hate that.[/u]

What you fail to realize or acknowledge is....SO DO WE!! How much more fair and balanced can we be? We can't wait for MS to prove us wrong and we hope he does so we can eat some crow, sing his praises and FINALLY enjoy a successful niner team. Nothing would please us more and we would welcome it with open arms. We're not going anywhere and will subject ourselves to AAAALLLLL the ridicule and bashing that will surely come from you homers if MS is successful (at least 10-6 for me to admit, btw).

A word of advice: don't place us on such a pedestal that you're even partially wishing for niner success just to rub it in our faces and prove us wrong. That kind of attitude will just eat away at your heart and soul. If you're unable to do so, it would probably be better if you simply ignored us and didn't respond anymore. I'm sure the mods would agree.

We're niner fans just like you and want to see the team succeed -- we just happen to think that the chances of their immediate and long-term return to greatness would be far greater with a proven, offensive-minded winner who, ideally, has a previous history with the team like Shanny or Holmgren. If that makes us "trolls" than sobeit. I'm a "troll."
[ Edited by Sabrason on Jul 22, 2009 at 10:26 PM ]
I smell the Webzone's 2nd marriage coming..
Pancake City
Sabrason

This is a trip.

Part 1

Part 2

Hey, he is the great "motivator" so apparently that is all he has to do.
SNF quote: This is a trip.The disconnect here is total when you equate the willingness of 49er fans to give Singletary the benefit of the doubt as blind homerism for Sing as well as every move made by the organization. Is that how it is in the real world? Is it middle ground to throw a negtative spin on practically EVERY move made by a coach who's only apparent crimes are a 5-4 record, that he's a former Chicago Bear and his last name isn't Holmgren or Shannahan?

You think that's the only reasons we don't like MS as HC?? You apparently have missed many of our posts citing numerous legitimate reasons for our opinion, at one time, even listing nearly 20 reasons why he has no business being a HC. Look it up.

SNF quote: . . . and they **gasp** didn't speak in 100% glowing terms about Singletary . . . and I didn't really disagree . . . ooohhhh . . . crazy.

Oh, do tell us what portion of their comments you agreed with. I would love to see you put some criticism of MS into typed words. Can't wait!! That could be the beginning of your "dehomerization."

SNF quote: What bugs the hell out of me is that I want to see the Niners succeed [u]under Singletary simply to prove you two wrong nearly as much as to revive playoff caliber football. I hate that.[/u]

What you fail to realize or acknowledge is....SO DO WE!! How much more fair and balanced can we be? We can't wait for MS to prove us wrong and we hope he does so we can eat some crow, sing his praises and FINALLY enjoy a successful niner team. Nothing would please us more and we would welcome it with open arms. We're not going anywhere and will subject ourselves to AAAALLLLL the ridicule and bashing that will surely come from you homers if MS is successful (at least 10-6 for me to admit, btw).

A word of advice: don't place us on such a pedestal that you're even partially wishing for niner success just to rub it in our faces and prove us wrong. That kind of attitude will just eat away at your heart and soul. If you're unable to do so, it would probably be better if you simply ignored us and didn't respond anymore. I'm sure the mods would agree.

We're niner fans just like you and want to see the team succeed -- we just happen to think that the chances of their immediate and long-term return to greatness would be far greater with a proven, offensive-minded winner who, ideally, has a previous history with the team like Shanny or Holmgren. If that makes us "trolls" than sobeit. I'm a "troll."

What more can be said? Trolls rule, MS supporters drool.

What more can be said? Trolls rule, MS supporters drool.

you guys make me laugh lol
Share 49ersWebzone