LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

Pass Rush Techniques (vid)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Very interesting video from the San Francisco 49ers Training Camp (1990). Are you watching Manny?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIEYyraiaLU

Wow this is an antique! Good find!
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Nice video, good find.
  • Extreme
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by PTulini:

6:50 can be described like this:
Hands

[ Edited by Extreme on Jun 24, 2009 at 14:49:16 ]
It's funny how fundamentals like these are somehow missed by the younger players... or not taught by the new coaches.

Not to say that all of the younger players don't adhere to this but it's getting rare... Now-a-days, it's done with power vs. finese...

Originally posted by kidash98:
It's funny how fundamentals like these are somehow missed by the younger players... or not taught by the new coaches.

Not to say that all of the younger players don't adhere to this but it's getting rare... Now-a-days, it's done with power vs. finese...

What I find most disturbing is how a lot of the college teams are switching to spread offenses,Ala Urban Meyer.We are about to start seeing qb's coming into the pros needing 2-3 years to make the transition into the pro style offense.I laugh every time I see someone saying we should draft Tebow next year,he is not half the QB that Smith was in college,and will be a terrible pro I am sure.
Great Post!!! Thanks, i'll definitely use this technique when my wife starts b***hing!!!

it sure looks painful to be an offensive lineman. hahaha
Originally posted by Extreme:

6:50 can be described like this:
Hands

What you're talking about is classic Wing Chun Chi Sao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnHlLiYmVXA

I bet Sam Kwok would make a pretty good pass rusher.

we must get this to manny lawson asap lol

"Special Delivery" to 9ers D-Linemen & Linebackers....all of them!
Our defenders definetly need to start winning some one-on-one battles. Get them whatever videos they need to watch.
Awesome find man!
Awesome video! I hear a lot of pros training in martial arts and boxing because of this.... It has a lot to do with hand speed and hand-eye coordination, not just brute force. I wonder how Niners are taught?
Share 49ersWebzone