There are 205 users in the forums

OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY: Most Important

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFan:
I'll say this for certain, Snyder outplayed Goodwin tonight.

That one sack allowed by Goodwin was embarrassing. Didn't expect him to struggle like this.
It was the raiders...
Anthony Davis still struggled a little bit. He almost got Smith injured again. On the other hand, Kilgore had a fantastic game.

And yes, it was the Raiders. I remember two seasons ago the 49ers o-line blew the Raiders d-line off the field. The o-line's performance didn't translate to the regular season.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
It was the raiders...

So what? They were undefeated in their division last year that has the Chargers and the Chiefs. They're not that bad.
Much improved from last week. I save their props for next year. I wanna see what happens when the game counts.
The improvement in the o-line play tonight was unmistakeable. Can't wait for next Saturday !
We've seen two extreme performance from our o-line: one very good and one very bad. We just need to see which o-line comes to play in the regular season.
PROPS! PROPS! PROPS!

• dj43
I was very glad to see Harbaugh using more zone blocking schemes tonight. I have been harping on that for two years now. Man blocking has it place but it tells the defense where the play is going. Tonight there was a lot more zone in both running and passing. Give the coaches a lot of credit for not only improving the scheme but also improving the pass protect technique a lot from last week.

The Raiders are not a slouch team, especially on defense. The fact that the 49er 1st team did so well against them is a promising scenario. Even though they didn't score, it showed substantial progress in a area that stunk last week.
I am happy for Oline are doing good job!! OLine are step back for two time than step back for four times and stay strong to push them defense! It is very better much!

Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I am happy for Oline are doing good job!! OLine are step back for two time than step back for four times and stay strong to push them defense! It is very better much!

I love you buz, no homo
^^^ I hope that translates correctly . . .
Originally posted by kidash:
Night and day from last week. - 98

Last week we played a bunch of douchebags on a playoff team who were blitzing unexpectedly because their coach's feelings were hurt, this week we played a bunch of douchebags known as the Oakland raiders who just aren't a very good team. However, the Niners were clearly far more prepared this week than last week and looked like they might be able to do some damage on offense.
  • dj43
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Last week we played a bunch of douchebags on a playoff team who were blitzing unexpectedly because their coach's feelings were hurt, this week we played a bunch of douchebags known as the Oakland raiders who just aren't a very good team. However, the Niners were clearly far more prepared this week than last week and looked like they might be able to do some damage on offense.

eh, the Raiders are a pretty good team. On balance, I expect them to win more than the 49ers this season.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

eh, the Raiders are a pretty good team. On balance, I expect them to win more than the 49ers this season.

They were mediocre last season and I expect them to decline this season, having lost a few key players and getting very little in the way of replacements.
Share 49ersWebzone