There are 235 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Whatever the problem with the field at Levi's is, ITS time to get it fixed for good....so Niners FO just fix it already.
So now we are just moving the goal posts from the field has been fine all year....to "just" that one time with the Ravens kicker?

we have had many issues last year.

I'm not the biggest Wilson fan, but it would've been f**ked up if his season would've ended because of our s**tty field.

there is video of it here

Russell Wilson Is Latest Victim Of The Turf Monster At Levi's Stadium
The quarterback almost seriously injured himself.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/russell-wilson-turf-monster-levis-stadium_us_562a2ee7e4b0ec0a3894076e

I wonder how yall would act if it were Bowman who got seriously injured again because of the field. We can only be lucky for so long.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Feb 8, 2016 at 2:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
So now we are just moving the goal posts from the field has been fine all year....to "just" that one time with the Ravens kicker?

I'm not the biggest Wilson fan, but it would've been f**ked up if his season would've ended because of our s**tty field.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/russell-wilson-turf-monster-levis-stadium_us_562a2ee7e4b0ec0a3894076e&ved=0ahUKEwjx8cbilunKAhVU5GMKHauHDycQtwIIGzAA&usg=AFQjCNEg2aalmcxcvarpQ9l1llZIZ5mZGw&sig2=1uJEuDBSiI0f5dfQv2JjKg

I wonder how yall would act if it were Bowman who got seriously injured again because of the field. We can only be lucky for so long.
The NFL was responsible for this last game..which it wasn't that bad

every game i watched and looked at their field, it's nor better nor worse then levi's

Idk if you guys know but the grass that they play on looks and feels like a putting green
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by susweel:
Lol people actually saying the turf was fine. Same people who predicted playoffs last season.

Ron Rivera and Von Miller are lying?

Ron Rivera wants to make sure isn't a ounce of blame being deflected by him or his team.

Von Miller was just in a great ass mood... he won a f**king SuperBowl and got MVP.

Some are saying that our field was fine all year, I don't remember that being the case. Didn't the Ravens' kicker almost fall into a sinkhole?

"during the first half of the Super Bowl numerous players on both the Panthers and Broncos were seen slipping and adjusting their cleats because of the stadium's poor conditions."

"Panthers having problems with footing on Levi's Stadium field and four have switched cleats, per CBS. Manning slipped, too"

"Broncos also complaining about sod, CBS @tracywolfson reports. Welcome to the #49ers world"

"The Broncos were reportedly complaining about slipping during warm-ups before the start of the game."

http://www.businessinsider.com/super-bowl-field-at-levis-stadium-is-terrible-2016-2

Like I said before, other than the Ravens kicker falling, there was no issues all year with anyone slipping. Not until the NFL took over the field for the SB.
Lol people actually saying the turf was fine. Same people who predicted playoffs last season.

Ron Rivera wants to make sure isn't a ounce of blame being deflected by him or his team.

Von Miller was just in a great ass mood... he won a f**king SuperBowl and got MVP.

Some are saying that our field was fine all year, I don't remember that being the case. Didn't the Ravens' kicker almost fall into a sinkhole?

"during the first half of the Super Bowl numerous players on both the Panthers and Broncos were seen slipping and adjusting their cleats because of the stadium's poor conditions."

"Panthers having problems with footing on Levi's Stadium field and four have switched cleats, per CBS. Manning slipped, too"

"Broncos also complaining about sod, CBS @tracywolfson reports. Welcome to the #49ers world"

"The Broncos were reportedly complaining about slipping during warm-ups before the start of the game."

http://www.businessinsider.com/super-bowl-field-at-levis-stadium-is-terrible-2016-2

Like I said before, other than the Ravens kicker falling, there was no issues all year with anyone slipping. Not until the NFL took over the field for the SB.

no wonder you get no where in Kaepernick threads... you don't read or you just feel something and go with it 100% instead of looking deep into it or researching it yourself.

I just gave another example with the Russell Wilson thing... KNBR tweeted about it when it happened and many articles were wrote about it when it happened. And we all in the Gameday thread wrote about it when it happened.

again, here is the video.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/russell-wilson-turf-monster-levis-stadium_us_562a2ee7e4b0ec0a3894076e

Yes there was an issue of people slipping.

The field has been an issue all year long. Google it.
no wonder you get no where in Kaepernick threads... you don't read or you just feel something and go with it 100% instead of looking deep into it or researching it yourself.

I just gave another example with the Russell Wilson thing... KNBR tweeted about it when it happened and many articles were wrote about it when it happened. And we all in the Gameday thread wrote about it when it happened.

again, here is the video.
lol, turf monster...more like a little kid that doesn't know how to slide yet
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Pretty funny video of Michael Oher sliding backwards like he's on ice skates:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/aqib-talib-levis-stadium-turf-was-terrible-super-bowl

Turf was not fine.

That's not a turf problem. That's a cleat problem. If he was using a proper cleat he wouldn't be sliding like that. A turf problem is when it comes out from underneath you and chunks of it are everywhere.

"They're having some turf trouble at Levi's Stadium. Groundskeepers are walking around, picking up and/or flattening chunks of grass"

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/Levis-Stadium-Turf-Issues-Broncos-Panthers-Players-Changing-Cleats-367984871.html

Here's a photo shortly before introductions that shows officials doing their best to pick up chunks of grass.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/2/7/10933522/super-bowl-turf-levis-stadium-issues-panthers-broncos-nfl

You could see chunks of grass flying around during the game as people ran. WRs were skidding around on easy cuts.

IMO, those aren't chunks. Chunks are what the Ravens kicker took out of the ground when he slipped on his kick. Those are just little pieces of divots that crew was picking up. Just a terminology issue here. IMO, the NFL should have let the Levi's crew handle it. There was a single issue all year on the Ravens kick. The Niner crew fixed their issue and he NFL ripped up their field and put crap down in its place.

You can call it a divot, chunk, clumps or lumps. The bottom line is the turf was coming up, field conditions were poor and caused players' problems.

Doesn't really matter who was at fault as long as it does not look like that when its time for us to practice.

True. Very true. I just think it's important to acknowledge no NFL game played on grass happens with zero chunks, lumps, clumps coming up. s**t even soccer with very little contact and play on the ground has grass pic lumps lumps whatever coming up.

The only time you don't see it is with field turf. You just get the wake of rubber pellets spaying up after you hit/touch the ground. I can't stand that s**t. It gets in your mouth and eyes.
True. Very true. I just think it's important to acknowledge no NFL game played on grass happens with zero chunks, lumps, clumps coming up. s**t even soccer with very little contact and play on the ground has grass pic lumps lumps whatever coming up.

The only time you don't see it is with field turf. You just get the wake of rubber pellets spaying up after you hit/touch the ground. I can't stand that s**t. It gets in your mouth and eyes.

The pellets look pretty cool in the slow motion replays when the WR is dragging their feet to stay in bounds. But that is about it.

I don't like the artificial stuff either.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 8, 2016 at 4:14 PM ]

The pellets look pretty cool in the slow motion replays when the WR is dragging their feet to stay in bounds. But that is about it.

I don't like the artificial stuff either.

I remember that sh*t used to stick all over my mouthpiece during games, as soon as I went to the ground one time. And it smelled like rubber all the time when playing on those fields.

And yes, very true that no matter what football game being played on natural grass with cleats on, there is going to be chunks of grass flying up on every play 100% of the time. Especially in the NFL with the biggest dudes out there playing. I'm sure if they had cameras filming a football game with 8 year old kids playing on grass, there would be chunks of grass and dirt flying up.

Like someone else said, they could win an award for best grass field for a decade straight and people would still have to complain somehow or another

• pd24
  • Veteran
It's like walking on a golf green with cleats. They should let it grow just a little bit longer. I also hope they keep this surface and let it grow properly or if they are putting in a new one, do it quick and let it stay through the off season.

I'd like to know what exactly was wrong with the turf in that slide. To me, it looks alot more like the dude stuck his cleat in the ground when trying to slide and the turf did what it was supposed to do...stay in place.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I'd like to know what exactly was wrong with the turf in that slide. To me, it looks alot more like the dude stuck his cleat in the ground when trying to slide and the turf did what it was supposed to do...stay in place.

This.

So some don't want the turf to come up but in other cases it is supposed to give way.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

My question as well. He was sliding and his cleats dug in deep. It wasn't as if he was escaping the pocket and then fell to the ground because of the turf.
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Feb 9, 2016 at 1:23 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think they should give the natural turf one more year. If they still have problems with it during the year, then scrap it and go artificial in '17.
Share 49ersWebzone