LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 181 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
is it official that they wont have to change their name? I remember reading a while back SF was trying to take legal action to keep the niners from using SF in their name or something
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
is it official that they wont have to change their name? I remember reading a while back SF was trying to take legal action to keep the niners from using SF in their name or something

The latest hearing indicated that they will indeed be the Santa Clara 49ers for at least the first season until this whole legal mess gets sorted out.

sf can't do anything, it's privately owned and the Yoks/DeBartolos can call their team whatever they want
Originally posted by mod:

The latest hearing indicated that they will indeed be the Santa Clara 49ers for at least the first season until this whole legal mess gets sorted out.

If I recall correctly they also ruled that they can continue to use the "SF" logo as long as it doesn't refer to San Francisco (so technically it could be "San Fransisco" or some other alternate spelling) and the city would have no legal recourse
Originally posted by swayze:

If I recall correctly they also ruled that they can continue to use the "SF" logo as long as it doesn't refer to San Francisco (so technically it could be "San Fransisco" or some other alternate spelling) and the city would have no legal recourse

It will stand for semper fidelis as JH has made the team sponsored by the marine corps & Rubberneck36's barracks haircuts
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Wrong. There is no such agreement. They will be the SF 49ers no matter what.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

San Francisco Statute 866-b, in the agreement signed between the 49ers and City, dictates that if the 49ers reside or entertain in SF for longer than 25 years then the 49ers must buy out of city to continue using the SF name, letters or likeness.

No agreement has been made thanks in part to Dianne Feinsteins actions ultimately delaying the process for at least a year.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/49ers/article-285wjsJL2952-SF-contract-naming-rights-582dFH59.php
[ Edited by mod on Dec 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM ]

San Francisco Statute 866-b, in the agreement signed between the 49ers and City, dictates that if the 49ers reside or entertain in SF for longer than 25 years then the 49ers must buy out of city to continue using the SF name, letters or likeness.

No agreement has been made thanks in part to Dianne Feinsteins actions ultimately delaying the process for at least a year.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/49ers/article-285wjsJL2952-SF-contract-naming-rights-582dFH59.php

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

SF will look like the horses ass if that happens, no other city has done that to their football team

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

SF will look like the horses ass if that happens, no other city has done that to their football team

There is no agreement. There is no legal mess. The City can do nothing even if it wanted to.
fckin sheep, it's not even a discussion
  • mod
  • Veteran
you f**kin guys
you f**kin guys

Sorry . . . didn't mean to ruin your fun . . . actually yeah I did.
Does anyone know if they still plan on building a 49ers museum right next to the Stadium? I remember hearing a while back they were going to build one

here's the link:

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/print-edition/2013/07/12/levis-stadium-museum-showcases-49ers.html?page=all
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Dec 26, 2013 at 8:50 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone