LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Levi's Stadium pics and info...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I like it...and I stay in the Hilton Santa Clara a lot for business. It's a great location for a stadium...public transit...close proximity to both 101 and 880...wide streets for easy access.

I remember what sh*thole China Basin was before AT&T was built, and just look at that area now: Bars, restaurants, infrastructure improvements, and all the jobs related would have never happened without the stadium being built, and we heard all of the same arguments from the usual group of naysayers about what a bad deal the park was for SF, even with the Giants using their own money.

A $79 mil investment from Santa Clara is a pretty damn good deal when you consider all they will get in return. Trust me...this area will become a year round destination when the stadium is built, and its going to be a great place to visit.
I am sold!! The video really changed my mind and I like it now! The night shots look pretty awesome... Build it!!!
Originally posted by dcsham:
I like it...and I stay in the Hilton Santa Clara a lot for business. It's a great location for a stadium...public transit...close proximity to both 101 and 880...wide streets for easy access.

I remember what sh*thole China Basin was before AT&T was built, and just look at that area now: Bars, restaurants, infrastructure improvements, and all the jobs related would have never happened without the stadium being built, and we heard all of the same arguments from the usual group of naysayers about what a bad deal the park was for SF, even with the Giants using their own money.

A $79 mil investment from Santa Clara is a pretty damn good deal when you consider all they will get in return. Trust me...this area will become a year round destination when the stadium is built, and its going to be a great place to visit.

Ya...thats one hell of an area there too....

The Stadium, Great America, The Convention Center, and the Golf Course all right next to each other with Freeway access from all sides AND Light Rail and Amtrack stations.
Originally posted by 09etihW:

LOL. Not too far off...

Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by susweel:
Thats an ugly ass stadium. All the money in the bay area and they cant come up with is that ugly ass thing. Look at recent stadiums built and we get that.

Quick! Somebody photoshop some stars and laser beams into this picture and make this guy happy! If these architects can't make this rendering look like a Pixar film then the stadium will suck. The logic is undeniable. Oh yeah and York sucks too! Without the best looking stadium in the whole wide world we will never amount to more than a 4 win football team. I mean, it only makes sense.

It isn't about lasers and light shows - that isn't the point of dissention at all.

Like them or hate them these other new stadiums possess an important attribute -- they are DISTINCTIVE -- even without the lazers and light shows.

When you think of the Cardinal's stadium, you think 'spaceship'. When you think of the Cowgirl's stadium, you think 'hole in the top', etc. There is something distinctive about them that fans can identify with and become attached to.

This new 49ers stadium design might be 'simple' and 'easy to build' and you might even like how it looks full of happy people and color, but there is nothing memorable or distinctive about it at all. Just a bowl and hotel-like tower of luxury suites.

It is actually quite representative of the franchise of late - nothing great, nothing really memorable, nothing that trumps the competition, no identity. Why should we have expected more?

Me - I'm not satisfied. I remember when the 49ers wouldn't settle for anything but excellence, had the best most innovative coaches and players who wouldn't accept 'just okay'. They deserve a home that is equal to this history, that supports the ideals and similarly defines something great.

It doesn't have to have lazer light shows or cost $15 billion. It just takes some innovation, vision, and desire for excellence.
Originally posted by Xestenz:
It isn't about lasers and light shows - that isn't the point of dissention at all.

Like them or hate them these other new stadiums possess an important attribute -- they are DISTINCTIVE -- even without the lazers and light shows.

When you think of the Cardinal's stadium, you think 'spaceship'. When you think of the Cowgirl's stadium, you think 'hole in the top', etc. There is something distinctive about them that fans can identify with and become attached to.

This new 49ers stadium design might be 'simple' and 'easy to build' and you might even like how it looks full of happy people and color, but there is nothing memorable or distinctive about it at all. Just a bowl and hotel-like tower of luxury suites.

It is actually quite representative of the franchise of late - nothing great, nothing really memorable, nothing that trumps the competition, no identity. Why should we have expected more?

Me - I'm not satisfied. I remember when the 49ers wouldn't settle for anything but excellence, had the best most innovative coaches and players who wouldn't accept 'just okay'. They deserve a home that is equal to this history, that supports the ideals and similarly defines something great.

It doesn't have to have lazer light shows or cost $15 billion. It just takes some innovation, vision, and desire for excellence.

I respect your point of view, but entirely disagree. This stadium is very distinctive in that it provides a wider/lower seating base, it provides an open-air feel that none of the stadiums have including the two side entrances where fans can instantly have the "game feel" upon them. The billboards will be displaying constant images of years past with technology coming out of the stadium's wazoo.

From the outside, you are welcomed by the look and feel of an old "open-air" stadium. Comparing it to the others out there, I really like this one.

Hey, to each their own.

Here's a link to other stadiums so we can compare...Here you go!

If you do a little research, you'll discover that excellence and innovation are exactly what this stadium is about. What you're not understanding is that this stadium design is all about the ACTUAL EXPERIENCE on gameday. It's not about having an identifiable spaceship landmark that looks great from a distance.

•65% of seats in the lower bowl with excellent site lines. More fans closer to the field.

•2 massive widescreen jumbotrons at opposite ends of the stadium viewable to every fan in the stadium.

•Superwide "open air concourses." You can still see the game (and the outside world) while getting your beer and hotdogs. Similar to many baseball parks.

•Overall open design will make the whole stadium feel less crowded/claustrophobic while taking advantage of and celebrating perfect Santa Clara weather.

•Of course there are all the other ammenties that can't be communicated in 2D or 3D rendering. Wider seats, state of the art audio visual systems, green technology, low glare lighting system, etc.

You're totally misinformed if you think the team is trying to do this on the cheap. This stadium will be state of the art and something the entire region can be proud of. Most important, the fan experience will improve ten fold on game days.

Great architecture is about balance of form and function. A flying saucer in the desert is NOT great architecture.

Some of you noobies really have a hard time comprehending the overall picture.

Tell me what's "DISTINCTIVE" about the Steelers stadium, other than the big Katsup bottle in the south endzone??

Tell me what's so "DISTINCTIVE" about the Pats stadium that's so world changing??

What about the Colts, Eagles or Texans new Stadiums that's so amazing???

I can tell you what's so "DISTINCTIVE" about the Steelers and Pats......they have won 5 of the last 9 Superbowls in their stadiums that are really no different than the one purposed in these drawings.

You're looking a *rough drawings* presented as the first steps of a LONG, LONG, LONG process, that will end with a totally different reality upon completion.

You're looking at a stock...

Why don't you wait until we customize it....

THEN tell us about what it looks like...

I don't remember seeing any crazy Pirate ships in the Bucs stadium proposal drawings, yet SOMEHOW they figured out a way to make their stadium "DISTINCTIVE ".....

These are just plain drawings, there's not anything extra added to these renditions, do you get this???

[ Edited by 49123 on Jun 3, 2009 at 11:45:05 ]

If you do a little research, you'll discover that excellence and innovation are exactly what this stadium is about. What you're not understanding is that this stadium design is all about the ACTUAL EXPERIENCE on gameday. It's not about having an identifiable spaceship landmark that looks great from a distance.

•65% of seats in the lower bowl with excellent site lines. More fans closer to the field.

•2 massive widescreen jumbotrons at opposite ends of the stadium viewable to every fan in the stadium.

•Superwide "open air concourses." You can still see the game (and the outside world) while getting your beer and hotdogs. Similar to many baseball parks.

•Overall open design will make the whole stadium feel less crowded/claustrophobic while taking advantage of and celebrating perfect Santa Clara weather.

•Of course there are all the other ammenties that can't be communicated in 2D or 3D rendering. Wider seats, state of the art audio visual systems, green technology, low glare lighting system, etc.

You're totally misinformed if you think the team is trying to do this on the cheap. This stadium will be state of the art and something the entire region can be proud of. Most important, the fan experience will improve ten fold on game days.

Great architecture is about balance of form and function. A flying saucer in the desert is NOT great architecture.

I think this is the part that people are missing.

By "Open Air" people are thinking "Not a Dome". What Open Air" REALLY means is the ENTIRE STADIUM (concourses, consession stands....etc) are ALL "Open Air". VERY nonconfining. People able to buy their food and drinks and STILL SEE THE FIELD.

If your assuking this is just a "cheap" approach to a stadium, your COMPLETELY missing the point.

Originally posted by ninertico:

I respect your point of view, but entirely disagree. This stadium is very distinctive in that it provides a wider/lower seating base, it provides an open-air feel that none of the stadiums have including the two side entrances where fans can instantly have the "game feel" upon them. The billboards will be displaying constant images of years past with technology coming out of the stadium's wazoo.

From the outside, you are welcomed by the look and feel of an old "open-air" stadium. Comparing it to the others out there, I really like this one.

Hey, to each their own.

Here's a link to other stadiums so we can compare...Here you go!

Here I'll make it easy:

and finally....

[ Edited by 09etihW on Jun 3, 2009 at 11:53:37 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I really like the video. Looks good. Now let's vote and then build it.
Soon to be one of the best:

Site lines and openess are not extraordinary in anyway. These should just be a given. You can have a very bland, boring stadium that has those attributes, which, actually, is exactly what we have here.

I never said they were doing this on the cheap (although many here have claimed this stadium is more 'buildable'.) I just want something better.

Site lines and openess are not extraordinary in anyway. These should just be a given. You can have a very bland, boring stadium that has those attributes, which, actually, is exactly what we have here.

I never said they were doing this on the cheap (although many here have claimed this stadium is more 'buildable'.) I just want something better.

The things that actually matter (gameday experience) don't seem to be very important to you. I can only conclude that you want something like this hideous example of form for the sake of form:

ewww.

Can you please post an example of what you consider "better?"

[ Edited by 09etihW on Jun 3, 2009 at 12:13:40 ]
Share 49ersWebzone