LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 143 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
He would be the Bucs RB right now.

Caddy Williams would've went somewhere else

Ya..was just about to say that...had he not been hurt he never would have been a Niner.
unless we took him with the first pick
Franky G..I remember when he was a rookie.. that game agaisnt the colts he broke at least 10 tackles that day.
Gore was head of Portis and McGahee and Miami before his injuries...if he never gets hurt he wouldnt be a 49er though
Imagine there's no Alex...

Imagine there's no hands on the hips...

Imagine all the zoners, shutting the f**k up... oooohhhh hooooo yehhhhh

You might say I'm a poster, *dun, dun dun* but I'm not the only one...
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 5, 2012 at 11:43 AM ]
  • Jiks
Frank Gore's rushing touchdown was No. 49, which leaves him one rushing touchdown behind Joe Perry and Roger Craig. He is also closing in on Joe Perry for the franchise rushing record when you account for pre-NFL years. He is 93 yards back of Perry for that mark. Not too shabby
he woulda gone first over all that year, alex and a bunch of bums were at the top of that draft
Originally posted by cciowa:
all those years he got beat up on a crappy team. a big reason why i was hoping we could win a super bowl for those guys who were there back in the dark days

ahhh damn KW.

Blew a SB for GORE!!
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Frank Gore had never had his knee injuries in college. His freshmen year he was averaging more than 9 yards per carry. He had 4.3 speed before his injuries. In my opinion he has some of the greatest vision, if not the greatest vision of all time. He is also one of the best when it comes to patience and squeezing through holes. I believe if he still had that breakaway speed and hadn't gotten injured he would have been a top 5 or even 3 back of all time. He's already the greatest 49ers back ever. Here is to the Inconvenient Truth! What say you?

There is the very real possibility that those injuries made him the man and running back he is today. Why morn what he is not and celebrate, my dear niner brethren, what Frank "the Tank" is?

Kinda agree here...

BTW, he NEVER had 4.3 speed. I've watched almost all of his college highlights when I made a Frank Gore vid awhile back, and he never really had that breakaway speed. He was QUICK and SUDDEN tho. I think the biggest things that made him so good were his vision and patience, and he didn't lose those with the injuries.

He ran a 4.3 prior to his injuries. I remember reading about it. Now, who knows what kind of surface he was running on and how accurate the time was, but he did get timed running a 4.3. Apparently it was a 4.4 prior to the injuries. I still remembering reading a report he ran a 4.3 though, but either way it's still very fast. The point is, prior to his torn acls, he had the ability to breakaway and had really good speed. The analysis on him was that he was viewed as a powerful back for his size who was also a homerun threat and could bounce it to the outside prior to the knee injuries. He lost some of that deep speed after getting injured. Here is an interview if you don't believe he was a 4.4 guy.
http://www.miami-hurricanes.com/news.asp?newsID=219
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Dec 5, 2012 at 1:20 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
all those years he got beat up on a crappy team. a big reason why i was hoping we could win a super bowl for those guys who were there back in the dark days

This! I really want a ring for Gore
Great! 49er H.O.F?

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
imagine if Gire
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Guy beat out Portis and Magahee in Miami his freshmen year before said injuries. Guy would have been almost Jesus like.

Yeah he was pretty motherf**kin bad ass! Check out this college video. Has portis talking about Gore being the best Miami back.

Just look at those sweet nasty ass cuts!

Nice
In all honestly, having watched almost every 49er game since 2005, 2 of those runs on that 2nd TD drive were in Gore's Top 20 of his career. Just amazing combination of power and quickness through traffic.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
We NEVER would have been in position to get him.

We had the first overall pick that year, so yes, we would have been in position to get him. Whether or not we would have selected him is another story. We were clearly drafting a QB there. But to say we wouldn't be in position to get him is 100% inaccurate.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for BuZzB28.
I watch Gore is doin to plays that awesome.. He is very good and improved so much for two years now than few years ago... Gore is working hard and earned the wins games. I love Gore right now..
Share 49ersWebzone