LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 417 users in the forums

Manny Lawson's Weight Gain

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
I wasn't thrilled with his comments either. When I first heard about his weight gain, I thought he had bulked up in muscle or something. Then I read this today and its evident its probably mostly fat. How is a guy making millions, who is considered a professional athlete, letting his body go like that? Where is the self motivation?

Yeah at first I thought it was going to be muscle that he gained, but it must be fat since he's saying he's eating M&M's.

“I went back home right after the season, but I didn’t exactly do too much when I got there.”…

“Usually when I go back home, I love to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.”…”If you give me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a glass of milk, and leave me to watch cartoons – I am good.”

“That’s pretty much the gist of what I did while I was back home this offseason.”

“After minicamp some of the reporters picked up on the fact that I’ve put on some weight. It wasn’t a focus of mine and I don’t think it will ever be a focus of mine. If it happens, it happens. Yes, I have gained a little bit of weight. But I won’t gain so much to where it hinders me. Once I start to see my performance drop, I have to start slimming down. That might be tough for me, because I love food. I love sweets and I love snacks. As a matter of fact, I’m eating M&M’s right now!”…

“Right now my daily schedule goes like this:
I work out early in the morning, come back to the house, get something to eat, lay down, take a nap, get up, watch some movies, chill, and then I get on my X-Box and play some video games.”

Tell me this sounds like a guy who is working on building muscle mass and watching his weight. What am I missing?
Originally posted by yoyo49:
My girlfriend loves M&M's and she weighs 105,

does that mean she's fat too now...

yes. send your girl my deepest condolences.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I wasn't thrilled with his comments either. When I first heard about his weight gain, I thought he had bulked up in muscle or something. Then I read this today and its evident its probably mostly fat. How is a guy making millions, who is considered a professional athlete, letting his body go like that? Where is the self motivation?

There was a picture of him and the Niners held that mini camp before the draft. He looks solid and it's not fat at all.

So you read that he likes sweets and immediately thought that he gained fat?

“I went back home right after the season, but I didn’t exactly do too much when I got there.”…

“Usually when I go back home, I love to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.”…”If you give me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a glass of milk, and leave me to watch cartoons – I am good.”

“That’s pretty much the gist of what I did while I was back home this offseason.”

“After minicamp some of the reporters picked up on the fact that I’ve put on some weight. It wasn’t a focus of mine and I don’t think it will ever be a focus of mine. If it happens, it happens. Yes, I have gained a little bit of weight. But I won’t gain so much to where it hinders me. Once I start to see my performance drop, I have to start slimming down. That might be tough for me, because I love food. I love sweets and I love snacks. As a matter of fact, I’m eating M&M’s right now!”…

I work out early in the morning, come back to the house, get something to eat, lay down, take a nap, get up, watch some movies, chill, and then I get on my X-Box and play some video games.”

This is how he described his offseason. Tell me this sounds like a guy who is working on building muscle mass and watching his weight. What am I missing?
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Yeah at first I thought it was going to be muscle that he gained, but it must be fat since he's saying he's eating M&M's.

Tell me this sounds like a guy who is working on building muscle mass and watching his weight. What am I missing?

it doesnt say what his workout is so how can you even come to a conclusion? If he works out 10 minutes (which i doubt), you've got something. If its 4 hours (or more) then you just look foolish.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by nekst:
Here is an excerpt from Manny Lawson's recent blog:

Quote:
After minicamp some of the reporters picked up on the fact that I’ve put on some weight. It wasn’t a focus of mine and I don’t think it will ever be a focus of mine. If it happens, it happens. Yes, I have gained a little bit of weight. But I won’t gain so much to where it hinders me. Once I start to see my performance drop, I have to start slimming down. That might be tough for me, because I love food. I love sweets and I love snacks.

As a matter of fact, I’m eating M&M’s right now!

Link

Feel free to temper your enthusiasm about Manny's weight gain and how he's going to become a force as a pass-rusher.

lol, how can anyone come to a conclusion based on that. It doesn't even say in that excerpt wether he gained muscle or fat or both. And a person can have m&ms and still not be fat.

And as one poster mentioned, Bee-rows and Maiocco mentioned the he seems to have gained some muscle mass.
[ Edited by GoldenIowa49er on May 11, 2009 at 4:59 PM ]
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
Getting up in the morning and working out is probably lifting weights. Most people don't or can't work out for 8 hours....Working out for 4 hours per morning is pretty awesome.
Originally posted by TJA85:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Based on reports from Barrows and Maiocco, it sounds like he's put on real muscle mass and not fat. I'm pretty sure Manny's joking for the most part here.

Unfortunately not many people know that Manny Lawson and Joe Staley have a comedic side to them.

Actually I think The Joe Show is horrible...it's almost painful to watch. Just my opinion though. I've never seen an instance of Manny being funny either. Eating candy doesn't crack me up. They might be joking but they should stick to their day job. They're both studs though so....whatever.
the zone gets dumber by the year...
Originally posted by yoyo49:
My girlfriend loves M&M's and she weighs 105,

does that mean she's fat too now...

think it just means that manny loves sweets.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
the zone gets dumber by the year...

And you keep coming back

who gives a f*ck
Originally posted by billybonka:
who gives a f*ck

Exactly. It is only May for Goodness sake!
who gives a f*ck

The M&M Company....Manny is their new spokesperson didn't you hear?
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
who gives a f*ck

The M&M Company....Manny is their new spokesperson didn't you hear?
who gives a f*ck

...but the dude's eating M&M's!!!!!!

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone