LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

Crabtree and the running game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • rum53
  • Veteran
The addition of a legitimate WR to the offense will only help the running game. Crabtree has the potential to change the way defenses play us. He will require a safety help at all times, which will limit the number of players the defense can have in the box.

Couple Crabtree's talent with V. Davis' athleticism, we have the makings for a potent passing attach. Both Crabtree and VD will pose mismatch problems (assuming that the new OC can get the ball into VD's hands) that the defense has to account for. Our offense should not see any 8-man fronts anymore.

I see the 49ers reverting back to a style similar to the Walsh days. We will use the pass to score points in the first half (using play-action instead of the WCO) and we will use our power running attack to wear down the defense in the second.

On a side note, Crabtree will also help our red-zone offense. He is a big strong WR that can beat a DB one-on-one at the goal line. For instance, look back at how the NY Giants offense stalled last season when Plexico went out. A big WR is a must for redzone offense. Look for us to score more TD's this year.
Here's to Gore and Coffee having big years!
it sure looks like the 49ers drafted well this year, man. We got some balla's and I mean, these guys tore it up in competition.
Not to mention, if Sheets makes the club and turns out to be a Leon Washington type who can break big plays out of the backfield receiving, a lot of teams won't know what to expect.

The 9ers offense could be dynamic this year. It all hinges on the QB to at the very least manage the game and not shoot the team in the foot.
For a receiver to change the way a defense plays, that receiver must make the defense pay for concentrating on the run first.

Defenses are not going to double Crabtree or any of our receivers when we first play them unless there is something to defend.

Gore will see an 8 man front until proven otherwise.
Originally posted by Joecool:
For a receiver to change the way a defense plays, that receiver must make the defense pay for concentrating on the run first.

Defenses are not going to double Crabtree or any of our receivers when we first play them unless there is something to defend.

And that could happen in game 1, game 16, or in a few years. No one knows.
  • rum53
  • Veteran

We are starting to have enough weapons on offense to keep the defense honest. We have four young WR's (Crabtree, Morgan, Hill & Jones) and two TE's (Davis & Walker) ready to prove themselves.

Let's be conservative and say just 2 of the 6 young players prove to be NFL playmakers this season. That is two more playmakers than we had in the past 4 seasons.
At this point it's -Lets hope the running game gets started.
I doubt there are any defenses out there fearing VD's athleticism.

Originally posted by rigs49:
At this point it's -Lets hope the running game can get past the 8 men in the box.

fixed
Crabgrass appears to be a spoiled kid and i would not doubt he does not want to play on a team that runs so much, simply because he worries how passes would come his way.
Well tru espn insider.....the 9ers and "Craptree" might be getting worse

new note that's been added to his Insider blog, ESPN's Adam Schefter notes that the negotiations between Michael Crabtree and the Niners are in shambles.

Writes Schefter, "These negotiations always could change quickly, but there are zero signs that the 'relationship' is thawing at all. In fact, it's just the opposite. As much as ever, it looks like Crabtree's holdout has the potential to last a long time -- well into the season and beyond."

In his Tuesday mailbag Schefter noted, "[Crabtree] wants to be paid like a top-five pick, the Niners refuse, and until someone budges, no deal."

And so everyone will continue to curse the name of Al Davis for his $23.5 million contract for Darrius Heyward-Bey.
In the words of George Lopez: "f**k that puto!!!"

I might be getting laid off and then barely scratching by and this damn crybaby is whining about a few million here and there, when there is 16 Million in guaranteed money, in this economy are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

If he doesn't sign by the end of the week before our first game.. I hope Jed York yanks the offer and says, "Good luck to you next Michael.."

Correct. You also need a QB that threatens a defense. I don't think we have that.
Share 49ersWebzone