LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

**Guide to watching Niner games on the internet**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Stream TV was good today. I tried streaming using my WIFI connection and it was cutting off every 10 seconds or so. So i connected using my ethernet port and everything was good. How does that stooge tv thing work?? How do you know what channel to go to?? I've never been able to use that.
  • mrkasper
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Stream TV was good today. I tried streaming using my WIFI connection and it was cutting off every 10 seconds or so. So i connected using my ethernet port and everything was good. How does that stooge tv thing work?? How do you know what channel to go to?? I've never been able to use that.

What media player do you use when watching on Stream TV? When I try to use WinAmp I get audio only, so I used VLC player and it was pretty good, but it was a little choppy. On Stooge TV's channel page there is a live chat that goes on. In that chat people request links to games, and someone will eventually post a link. You have to act quick though because links don't last that long. So you have to click on the link right away in order to get it to work or you will get an error message in windows media player. I used Stooge TV today and it was pretty good. People will update the links through out the game you just have to ask a bunch of times.

It's good to hear streamTV was good. I didn't use that today, but not bad that the choices increase.

As for stoogetv, nothing is difficult. Like aforementioned, the link should be appeared in live chat section, click it and chose VLC for the player. That was perfect for me through the game today.
Originally posted by mrkasper:

What media player do you use when watching on Stream TV? When I try to use WinAmp I get audio only, so I used VLC player and it was pretty good, but it was a little choppy. On Stooge TV's channel page there is a live chat that goes on. In that chat people request links to games, and someone will eventually post a link. You have to act quick though because links don't last that long. So you have to click on the link right away in order to get it to work or you will get an error message in windows media player. I used Stooge TV today and it was pretty good. People will update the links through out the game you just have to ask a bunch of times.

Sound only is because you didn't install codecs appropriately, I think. In the help section of the site, there is the way to install them. Following that instruction, I solved the problem.

But there are lots of other problems in the StreamTV.
  • dea49
  • Veteran
What media player do you use when watching on Stream TV? When I try to use WinAmp I get audio only,

You have to d/l nsvdec_x264.dll and place it in your winamp/plugin folder also it wouldn't hurt to d/l ffdshow for all the proper codecs.

Winamp. As others mentioned, you just have to make sure you have all the codecs installed. Uninstall Winamp, go to the stream TV site and go into the Help section. The VERY FIRST sticky thread refers to an issue of audio only. Click on that. The very first post gives you a link to a site where you can download all you need to re-install Winamp with all the necessary codecs you'll need. It also gives you a step by step on how to install/configure everything. Once I did that, I was good to go.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame

Winamp. As others mentioned, you just have to make sure you have all the codecs installed. Uninstall Winamp, go to the stream TV site and go into the Help section. The VERY FIRST sticky thread refers to an issue of audio only. Click on that. The very first post gives you a link to a site where you can download all you need to re-install Winamp with all the necessary codecs you'll need. It also gives you a step by step on how to install/configure everything. Once I did that, I was good to go.

Ended up paying for streamtv yesterday Syber. Told you I'd hold off till I had to...well...I had to. It was choppy though.
Originally posted by Ang:

Ended up paying for streamtv yesterday Syber. Told you I'd hold off till I had to...well...I had to. It was choppy though.

Choppy really?? After I did all that reinstalling crap, I logged on and it was choppy and cutting me off. BUT, I was on WIFI. So I figured I'd connect via ethernet and it worked perfectly from the end of the second quarter till the end of the game. Not one freeze, buffer, nothing. It DID freeze up in OT but I was able to get it back up without missing a play. How were you connected??
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame

Choppy really?? After I did all that reinstalling crap, I logged on and it was choppy and cutting me off. BUT, I was on WIFI. So I figured I'd connect via ethernet and it worked perfectly from the end of the second quarter till the end of the game. Not one freeze, buffer, nothing. It DID freeze up in OT but I was able to get it back up without missing a play. How were you connected??

Just connected via USB through the cable modem. Do you think it would make a difference then if we went with the ethernet? Cuz that wouldn't be a problem.

Just connected via USB through the cable modem. Do you think it would make a difference then if we went with the ethernet? Cuz that wouldn't be a problem.

Worth a shot!

Originally posted by SantaFe49er:
stoogtv.com was perfect today. last week the quality was poor but today it was crystal clear and and the view was big, not a tiny box like last week.

its funny the first link i used was good but at halftime my girl jumped on the computer and lost the window. i clicked again on another link and it was smaller box but not that good of quality. i guess you just have to find the link with the best quality.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by SantaFe49er:
stoogtv.com was perfect today. last week the quality was poor but today it was crystal clear and and the view was big, not a tiny box like last week.

its funny the first link i used was good but at halftime my girl jumped on the computer and lost the window. i clicked again on another link and it was smaller box but not that good of quality. i guess you just have to find the link with the best quality.

the link i had was big but bad quality lol. but i lost it in the second quarter and went on to another one, but that was bad quality as well. but as long as i can see the game i dont care
StreamTV subscribers. Does the subscription expire at the exact minute you ordered it?? I ordered my subscription DURING game 1 against the cards. It should expire this coming sunday but not sure when. Dont want it to cut off mid game. Then again, once I have the link to the stream, it's out of their control right???
  • mrkasper
  • Info N/A

That worked just fine! Thanks!!
  • Therhino44
  • Info N/A
If anyone is trying to view the game outside of the U.S. check out Yahoo NFL Gamepass. I'm stationed in South Korea and it works great. It is not Available for the U.S., Canada and a few other countries. It's like NFL Sunday ticket. You can get every game for the whole season for 209.99. Or you can just get one game a week for 159.99. You can also just do one week which is 19.99. If you go with it I suggest starting with the one week subscription because Yahoo offers no refunds so if it doesn't work for some reason you're only out 20 bucks.

Go Niners!!!
Share 49ersWebzone