There are 257 users in the forums

DB Isaiah Oliver

Shop 49ers game tickets
I always liked the name, Oliver
He definitely showed up today.

Hope he keeps it rolling.
He played really well obviously. Very impressed.
This was the Oliver they signed up for. Hope this gives him a boost of confidence and continues to grow and get better from here til the end of the season.
Pretty much accounted for us win ing the game today. Came up with a huge stop and made game breaking plays on defense.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
This was the Oliver they signed up for. Hope this gives him a boost of confidence and continues to grow and get better from here til the end of the season.

Agree, he's a young guy too. I got the feeling (for some reason) he was Gipson's age (33) but he's only 26. He signed a two year contract, so we have him for two more years. Pretty cool.
MVP today.
I can't stand Ambry Witherspoon…..I mean Thomas. This is the Dim Mak (Bloodsport) for him

hopefully Oliver keeps the job
[ Edited by elguapo on Sep 18, 2023 at 12:09 AM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
I can't stand Ambry Witherspoon…..I mean Thomas. This is the Dim Mak (Bloodsport) for him

hopefully Oliver keeps the job

Thomas can go to the "Bottom Brick" of the depth chart.
He had such a bad preseason this was certainly a pleasant surprise.

this is exactly why preseason games dont mean anything
maybe this is just what Oliver needed to breakout and be a difference maker
Originally posted by NCommand:
I wouldn't worry too much about Oliver though. He had a 78 PFF grade and one of the best years as a slot CB. He's coming into his own. But I like that they aren't just giving it to him.

This is what I said 2 pages back.

I loved that Wilks challenged him with Lenoir and that Lenoir gets run at SCB too. That's a very smart move just in case of injury, scheme, strategy, competition, etc.
I wouldn't worry too much about Oliver though. He had a 78 PFF grade and one of the best years as a slot CB. He's coming into his own. But I like that they aren't just giving it to him.

I loved that Wilks challenged him with Lenoir and that Lenoir gets run at SCB too. That's a very smart move just in case of injury, scheme, strategy, competition, etc.

Good call. He came to play yesterday.
Originally posted by father49er:

Good call. He came to play yesterday.

Keep it up!!!
Share 49ersWebzone