LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 223 users in the forums

NFL Breaking News Thread-2024 Edition

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
They keep adding or changing rules in an effort to try and cut down on injuries. It doesn't work. All they do is make it harder for officials causing more delays and replays. The pace of football is pathetic now. Baseball has more action.

Players are going to continue to get injured no matter what they do. Maybe they need to get serious about steroid use so players aren't bulked up so much. That might help a little.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
They keep adding or changing rules in an effort to try and cut down on injuries. It doesn't work. All they do is make it harder for officials causing more delays and replays. The pace of football is pathetic now. Baseball has more action.

Players are going to continue to get injured no matter what they do. Maybe they need to get serious about steroid use so players aren't bulked up so much. That might help a little.

It actually does. Football has about 15 minutes of actual action based on the average number of plays and the average time that each play takes. The rest of the 3 1/2 hours are huddles, replays, commercials and officials stopping the action. How many of the plays actually produce much action. Most are handoffs, short passes or incomplete passes. The pace of football is terrible now. Watch an old game from the 80s and you'll see the difference.

It actually does. Football has about 15 minutes of actual action based on the average number of plays and the average time that each play takes. The rest of the 3 1/2 hours are huddles, replays, commercials and officials stopping the action. How many of the plays actually produce much action. Most are handoffs, short passes or incomplete passes. The pace of football is terrible now. Watch an old game from the 80s and you'll see the difference.

Yeah I am aware of the 13 minutes of action but that is just the standard for all football games. Games back in the 80s also only had 13 minutes of action.
Now you can't hit anybody on the kickoff either. It just keeps getting worse and worse.

Yeah I am aware of the 13 minutes of action but that is just the standard for all football games. Games back in the 80s also only had 13 minutes of action.

it was 80s old school action

Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
I've been thinking about boycotting this year anyways. Just so much b******t last year. I have never ever not watched football on Sundays. But this new rule really makes me think it might be better to do something else on Sundays. The NFL integrity has been waning in recent years. This new rule really, really adds to the waning.

Yeah, I'm really going to miss seeing your laughing emoji on game day.
[ Edited by PA49ersfan on Mar 26, 2024 at 11:52 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

it was 80s old school action

The difference was the play wasn't stopped with all the reviews. They didn't have as many or as long of commercial breaks either. Games just has abetter flow. Two minute drills actually took around 2 minutes. Games took around 3 hours unless it was a really high scoring game. How often do you see games end that quicckly now? It's common for them to run over their time slot on TV.

My point of this is they aren't making the game better.
I just don't know about this. Seems like it's either touchback or TD every kickoff with these rules.

The kicker will kick the ball from his own 35-yard line. Ten of his teammates will line up on the other team's 40-yard line. The receiving team's nine or 10 blockers will line up on their own 35-yard line. The kick must land between the 20-yard line and the goal line. A kick that either goes out of bounds or lands short of the 20 will be awarded to the receiving team at the 40-yard line. A kick that goes into the end zone for a touchback will go out to the receiving team's 30-yard line.

Penalties on scoring plays will not carry over and will be taken on the Try.

The onside kick will only be allowed in the 4th quarter and only be able to be performed twice.
[ Edited by captveg on Mar 26, 2024 at 12:01 PM ]
Other rule changes:

Trade deadline moved back to after Week 9 instead of Week 8.

Teams are now allowed to place up to 2 players on IR before rosters go from 90 to 53 and still have those players designated for return during the season.

Emergency 3rd QB can now come from Practice Squad

Replay review now allowed when there is clear and obvious visual evidence that the game clock expired before any snap (end of quarter/half).
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
I've been thinking about boycotting this year anyways. Just so much b******t last year. I have never ever not watched football on Sundays. But this new rule really makes me think it might be better to do something else on Sundays. The NFL integrity has been waning in recent years. This new rule really, really adds to the waning.

Yeah, I'm really going to miss seeing your laughing emoji on game day.

2 streaming only games next year. Time to rage!
Originally posted by mitpdub:

Don't know if I should believe it

Looks like he committed suicide.
Originally posted by JustinMT:

Looks like he committed suicide.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/vontae-davis-former-nfl-cornerback-dead-at-35-report?fbclid=IwAR27QHMEWt1TpPnoxYAO9H5MRsvlGdWl23pNmWugj2R6SmdIQIqrUeibifg
Share 49ersWebzone