There are 291 users in the forums

Tom Brady: NFL should take hits on WRs' knees 'out of the game of football'

Shop 49ers game tickets
I've never seen a player improve himself day by day as well as Tom Brady in any sport. He's actually gaining arm strength last year I recall him throwing lasers that I hadn't seen before. Dude is 44. The amount of time every day not just in football but in diet, nutrition, exercise, conditioning it is simply unprecedented. Dedication that knows no bounds. People hate Brady cuz they ain't Brady.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I've never seen a player improve himself day by day as well as Tom Brady in any sport. He's actually gaining arm strength last year I recall him throwing lasers that I hadn't seen before. Dude is 44. The amount of time every day not just in football but in diet, nutrition, exercise, conditioning it is simply unprecedented. Dedication that knows no bounds. People hate Brady cuz they ain't Brady.

I don't think many people hate Brady. They might envy him and maybe they're tired of him but hate? No I don't see it.

As far as improvement, I think it's more that he got better receivers. He didn't have much at NE the last few years there.

No question her takes care of himself but I bet a lot of that has to do with his marriage to a super model. I would imagine that she eats pretty well too. It doesn't hurt to have a chef that can prepare healthy things for you. A lot of athletes now do that so they can maintain weight either up or down. When they get paid as much as they do an extra year of 2 can mean millions of dollars.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Dec 22, 2021 at 10:20 AM ]
Originally posted by Sickaa:
They should just change it to "flag football". Feels like we're almost there anyway.

We are kind of there.

Somebody gets it. And I noticed his arm strength too. He threw an absolute LASER to Mike Evans for a touchdown a couple weeks ago.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Princess should retire..

Lol not sure if serious or just joking.

What Brady has done in his career is the most impressive thing I've ever witnessed in my life watching sports. He is the Michael Jordan of football.

And he's also a petulant child, a cheat and an incredibly poor loser. His tantrums are downright embarrassing .

And the best football player of all time.

Not sure how you run a comparison between Brady and Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, Lawrence Taylor and Ronnie Lott, for example. Perhaps you would care to explain? For myself, I don't think he is even the best quarterback and I certainly don't consider him anywhere near the best player.

I know you don't, but I assume you're a typical, biased 49ers fan. No offense, I get it... I could be wrong, though. I judge Brady based off of his resume, which is absolutely bulletproof... the numbers, the championships, the longetivity, toughness, leadership, respect from his teammates. He's 10/10 in every way you can grade a football player, not just a quarterback... and he's 10/10 at that as well.

I mention your perceived bias because Joe Montana is considered the GOAT to 49er fans, so when someone else threatens that legacy he is automatically overrated in their eyes.

That ducks the question, sure enough.

To respond to the perceived bias, I don't give a damn who you think is the best qb. And I am not pushing my opinion on qb's. My question related to the comparison between players at different positions, which is actually damned nearly impossible. And that is without even bringing in comparisons between players of different eras, different rules. Which, in my view, makes comparisons and assessments of the best football player of all time, utterly meaningless.

It's kind of a cop out question, to be honest. If that's the case, how can we compare players from different eras? Hell, can we even compare players on different teams? Why have rankings and lists at all?

It's all personal opinion, and in mine, Brady is the GOAT.
Princess should retire..

What Brady has done in his career is the most impressive thing I've ever witnessed in my life watching sports. He is the Michael Jordan of football.

And he's also a petulant child, a cheat and an incredibly poor loser. His tantrums are downright embarrassing .

Not sure how you run a comparison between Brady and Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, Lawrence Taylor and Ronnie Lott, for example. Perhaps you would care to explain? For myself, I don't think he is even the best quarterback and I certainly don't consider him anywhere near the best player.

I know you don't, but I assume you're a typical, biased 49ers fan. No offense, I get it... I could be wrong, though. I judge Brady based off of his resume, which is absolutely bulletproof... the numbers, the championships, the longetivity, toughness, leadership, respect from his teammates. He's 10/10 in every way you can grade a football player, not just a quarterback... and he's 10/10 at that as well.

I mention your perceived bias because Joe Montana is considered the GOAT to 49er fans, so when someone else threatens that legacy he is automatically overrated in their eyes.

To respond to the perceived bias, I don't give a damn who you think is the best qb. And I am not pushing my opinion on qb's. My question related to the comparison between players at different positions, which is actually damned nearly impossible. And that is without even bringing in comparisons between players of different eras, different rules. Which, in my view, makes comparisons and assessments of the best football player of all time, utterly meaningless.

It's kind of a cop out question, to be honest. If that's the case, how can we compare players from different eras? Hell, can we even compare players on different teams? Why have rankings and lists at all?

You probably feel Emmit smith was a greatest running back because he has the most rushing yards

Yup
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
You probably feel Emmit smith was a greatest running back because he has the most rushing yards

Well he was the greatest player on the toughest team I've ever seen the 49ers face. He was the leader of the Dallas dynasty imo.

Well he was the greatest player on the toughest team I've ever seen the 49ers face. He was the leader of the Dallas dynasty imo.

Emmit was good but in all honesty I think several RBs would have gained more yards running behind that O line. It may have been the best line I ever saw. Could you imagine Barry Sanders or OJ behind that line. Walter Payton. Jim Brown. Earl Campbell. Those are just a few. How about Frank Gore with that line?

They said the same thing about Lance Armstrong - ironically....another guy with '7 titles.'

Originally posted by RickyRoma:

They said the same thing about Lance Armstrong - ironically....another guy with '7 titles.'

So basically, with no evidence, you presume Brady's guilt in doping as the reason for his success?

Because a completely unrelated guy in an entirely different sport did it?

So basically, with no evidence, you presume Brady's guilt in doping as the reason for his success?

Princess should retire..

No, it doesn't work like that. Clearly you didn't understand my original post. The best of all time is either Walter Payton or Barry Sanders. But one could definitely make the argument for Emmitt.

You just went through the expense of telling us what Brady has done at his age and such is absolutely unprecendented, doing things that have never been done in a sport where you're taking abuse and whatnot? He chalks it up to his 'TB12 method' and you just willingly accept this? Tom Brady is some sorta advanced medicinal/nutritional chemist? He knows things that simply everybody else doesn't? Nothing to see here? Given that, AND knowing the fact that his known snake-oil salesman/voodoo doctor 'body coach' Alex Guerrero, who has made claims that his cocktails have cured people of such ailments such as cancer, and done wonders with people with MS, AIDS, Parkinsons, is leading the charge?

The dude has claimed that drinking water prevents him from getting sun burned, or some dumb s**t like that........I guess you believe that one as well?

You can believe whatever you wish....I'll believe the science that has refuted a lot of what Brady and Guerrero have peddled.

You just went through the expense of telling us what Brady has done at his age and such is absolutely unprecendented, doing things that have never been done in a sport where you're taking abuse and whatnot? He chalks it up to his 'TB12 method' and you just willingly accept this? Tom Brady is some sorta advanced medicinal/nutritional chemist? He knows things that simply everybody else doesn't? Nothing to see here? Given that, AND knowing the fact that his known snake-oil salesman/voodoo doctor 'body coach' Alex Guerrero, who has made claims that his cocktails have cured people of such ailments such as cancer, and done wonders with people with MS, AIDS, Parkinsons, is leading the charge?

The dude has claimed that drinking water prevents him from getting sun burned, or some dumb s**t like that........I guess you believe that one as well?

You can believe whatever you wish....I'll believe the science that has refuted a lot of what Brady and Guerrero have peddled.

I believe in due process and the presumption of innocence.
Share 49ersWebzone