There are 244 users in the forums

NFL News Thread(2020 Post-Draft Edition)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
NFL Network's Jane Slater reports Cowboys players have begun forcefully criticizing the coaching staff after originally agreeing to "keep things internal."

"Totally unprepared," were the words of one player. "They don't teach. They don't have any sense of adjusting on the fly." Another added "they just aren't good at their jobs." Other than that, we hope things are going well. New coach Mike McCarthy sold an offseason narrative of coming into the 21st century and learning analytics, but none of the analytics in the world can make up for having Mike Nolan as your defensive coordinator. The Cowboys have allowed an astonishing 218 points through their first six games, which is tied for the fourth most in NFL history. Dak Prescott's season-ending ankle injury gives McCarthy an alibi, but this could turn into a one-and-done situation. It wouldn't be the first time with a retread. Of course, all of this ignores that the 2-4 Cowboys still sit atop the horrid NFC East.

SOURCE: Jane Slater on Twitter
Oct 20, 2020, 1:29 PM ET

Ouch!

I almost feel bad for cowboy fans. They are honestly missing Jason Garrett

They can have Joshua Garnett.
NFL Network's Jane Slater reports Cowboys players have begun forcefully criticizing the coaching staff after originally agreeing to "keep things internal."

"Totally unprepared," were the words of one player. "They don't teach. They don't have any sense of adjusting on the fly." Another added "they just aren't good at their jobs." Other than that, we hope things are going well. New coach Mike McCarthy sold an offseason narrative of coming into the 21st century and learning analytics, but none of the analytics in the world can make up for having Mike Nolan as your defensive coordinator. The Cowboys have allowed an astonishing 218 points through their first six games, which is tied for the fourth most in NFL history. Dak Prescott's season-ending ankle injury gives McCarthy an alibi, but this could turn into a one-and-done situation. It wouldn't be the first time with a retread. Of course, all of this ignores that the 2-4 Cowboys still sit atop the horrid NFC East.

Ouch!

Nah. We had to have one(mccarthy) and 3(Nolan) years with these clowns. Let the cowgirls have them. How Jerry can hire has beens from 15 years ago with us? He really is senile.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Ouch!

I bet that unnamed player is on defense because that perfectly sums up Mike Nolan.
That's something good you can say about this season for the Niners. In spite of all the crippling injuries and disappointing losses, Kyle has kept the team together. I haven't heard any grumbling even from guys that aren't playing much, like Pettis.

Ouch!

Originally posted by zeppfan1:

Ouch!

I said almost. Just like how I almost kinda liked that whole Jimmy Johnson getting into the hall of fame live on tv and seeing Troy Aikmen tearing up.... okay that I actually liked. Hell I thought it was f**king awesome ngl

Ouch!

I said almost. Just like how I almost kinda liked that whole Jimmy Johnson getting into the hall of fame live on tv and seeing Troy Aikmen tearing up.... okay that I actually liked. Hell I thought it was f**king awesome ngl

Lol, it's like the 2006 Niners. Never any in-game offensive or defensive adjustments.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Adam Gase fired in 3... 2... 1...

If Gase (and Williams) wasn't fired after the ending of that Thursday Night game and then last week's showing, Gase must have some kind of real spicy blackmail-material of the Jets organization.
I feel like this is happening just a tad bit earlier than expected

Originally posted by grapesofrathman:

Agreed

Agreed

Why?they're one game out? Fitzpatrick has been playing well. I don't get it. Rookie could learn this season.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Agreed

Why?they're one game out? Fitzpatrick has been playing well. I don't get it. Rookie could learn this season.

This is the scary part. He may have earned it. He may have been so impressive the coaching staff had to make the move.

If Gase (and Williams) wasn't fired after the ending of that Thursday Night game and then last week's showing, Gase must have some kind of real spicy blackmail-material of the Jets organization.

They are in full tank mode. Why fire Gase when you can go 0-16, trade back for someone desperate to get Lawrence and then load up in the draft?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

They are in full tank mode. Why fire Gase when you can go 0-16, trade back for someone desperate to get Lawrence and then load up in the draft?

You think they will pass on Sunshine for Darnold?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

You think they will pass on Sunshine for Darnold?

I should've said desperate for a QB -- They could probably trade Darnold easily, but I think it will come down to how badly they think they need picks to be able to rebuild that terrible roster.
Share 49ersWebzone