There are 314 users in the forums

Jamycal Hasty RB Baylor

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
He's a little midget at 5'8".

Since when do teams prefer tall RBs?

Ya Mayo take it back
Traded away Matt Breida for a 5th and got an upgrade on this undrafted kid who'll be traded in 3 years as well, and replaced by another undrafted rookie. That's good value.

Same exact size as Devonta Freeman and more explosive. You don't want a tall RB.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Same exact size as Devonta Freeman and more explosive. You don't want a tall RB.

There are some advantages to being taller but genuinely there's more cons than pros at the RB position.
Give me a tall/big player with the same speed as a little guy any day. Queue music, "short people got..."
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 3rd-down-decoy:
Give me a tall/big player with the same speed as a little guy any day. Queue music, "short people got..."

Those guys go like in the first round, an example comes to mind in Saquan Barkley. In other words, Kyle is an absolute magician in finding guys that diamonds in the rough, this guy is going to coaching for us for a very very long time.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

ahmed fumbled twice on Saturday and didn't do s**t on Sunday.

Hasty's stock is going up

Hasty is another guy i have staying with the team (Roster or PS)
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Wow, fumbles will get you into Kyle's doghouse faster than lighting. That's too bad. I think Breida was traded for the same issues. Pulling for Hasty to make it on either the practice squad or the 53. I really want our RB's to get younger.

P.S. on Ahmed, I think his fumbling as well as his speed were probably an issue. Maybe he wasn't as fast as they thought he was.

Originally posted by Giedi:

Wow, fumbles will get you into Kyle's doghouse faster than lighting. That's too bad. I think Breida was traded for the same issues. Pulling for Hasty to make it on either the practice squad or the 53. I really want our RB's to get younger.

P.S. on Ahmed, I think his fumbling as well as his speed were probably an issue. Maybe he wasn't as fast as they thought he was.

not sure just reading reports of him fumbling then not getting anything the next practice. I've heard nothing but positive stuff about Hasty.

I think he makes it though waivers to the PS. We will see.
If history has shown us anything it's that Hasty will be the lead back by seasons end.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
not sure just reading reports of him fumbling then not getting anything the next practice. I've heard nothing but positive stuff about Hasty.

I think he makes it though waivers to the PS. We will see.

Agree, and I hope you are right, I'd love Hasty to make it on the team.
Originally posted by Giedi:

I know have Hasty making the final 53, with Mostert, Coleman, and McKinnon.
Share 49ersWebzone