There are 188 users in the forums

Dan Brunskill - OG signs with the Titans

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
he had a few tough games, and some great ones too. Not such what games you are watching?

The games where nick mullens constantly runs for his life and the games where the opposing d line broke Jimmy's spirit.
AB, I think Coleman is more of a lock next year as swing tackle compared to Skule. Also, how much do you think Mack would cost us, and how much would Kinsley cost? Personally I hope T. WIlliams remains, and Richburg takes that huge pay cut, and we can bring Garland back as his back up, and guard depth.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Brunskill should be starting in 2021, this is my ideal OL

Trent(LT)-Laken(LG)-Mack(C)-Brunskill(RG)-McGlinchey(RT)
Skule(Swing T)-McKivitz(OL)-Rookie(IOL)

The final(9th) spot is up for grabs, guys like Richburg(if he takes a pay cut), Garland, Grasu, Coleman, Rookies would compete. McGlinchey needs to step up in 2021, if not, he's a goner, or they sign him cheap in 2022, since I don't see them picking his 5th yr option up.

Agreed 100%, plus this is very possible to actually happening. Those backups would be very strong and experienced in the system as well.
I agree with Mike and Dan competing for the RT job. Brunskill played his best football as an OT and Mike needs competition to step up.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by All_Knowing:

The final(9th) spot is up for grabs, guys like Richburg(if he takes a pay cut), Garland, Grasu, Coleman, Rookies would compete. McGlinchey needs to step up in 2021, if not, he's a goner, or they sign him cheap in 2022, since I don't see them picking his 5th yr option up.

Agreed 100%, plus this is very possible to actually happening. Those backups would be very strong and experienced in the system as well.

Count me in on this one too.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He needs to be given a shot to compete at RT.

This. I'm hoping we draft two OL- one to play guard and the other center. If its a guard that can play tackle, even better. But simply put I hope to have two new starters that aren't on the team currently at C and RG.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
If T. Williams is brought back, I would be down with Brunskill battling McGlinchey for the starting RT spot. If Brunskill wins, then McGlinchey easily becomes trade bait.

If that is your ideal OL. LOL.

Ideal would be Williams - Tomlinson - Lindsey - Slater - McGlinchey (in a contract year).

Let's get some real talent in here and watch what happens.
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
I agree with Mike and Dan competing for the RT job. Brunskill played his best football as an OT and Mike needs competition to step up.

+1. If Trent Williams leave, then I fully expect Brunskill to play LT and perform well there.

Originally posted by NCommand:

Ideal would be Williams - Tomlinson - Lindsey - Slater - McGlinchey (in a contract year).

I would switch out MCG for Brunskill. McG is aids.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:

+1. If Trent Williams leave, then I fully expect Brunskill to play LT and perform well there.

I would switch out MCG for Brunskill. McG is aids.

Thanks. I'd definitely have Brunskill compete but realistically we all know how much Kyle loves MM's run blocking. But I'd be all for it!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

Originally posted by okdkid:

Haha.
Thanks. I'd definitely have Brunskill compete but realistically we all know how much Kyle loves MM's run blocking. But I'd be all for it!

As a Notre Dame fan, it sucks to see McG getting abused every snap.

With that said, Kyle and Lynch will probably extend him
IMO, if Brunskill can stay at one position and not be the utility guy - his improvement will be incredible.

I'm not confident in McG at RT. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm very confident in Brunskill - especially if he can stay at one position long enough to be proficient.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

As a Notre Dame fan, it sucks to see McG getting abused every snap.

With that said, Kyle and Lynch will probably extend him

Here's to hoping McGlinchey actually puts on 15-20 LBS of muscle this off season, and works with Staley on his pass protection. Wonder why Staley isn't a part of Shanahans staff? He could work with the OL and probably coach them up.
Share 49ersWebzone